don't click here

Sonic Boom TV Show Megathread

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by JaxTH, Nov 8, 2014.

1. Blue Blood

Blue Blood

I'm not. But it would just be really nice. The show could get some more action in if it did that once or twice per season.

Oh I forgot to mention that Shadow's voice is still awful.

2. First people want Shadow to come back from the dead, then they complain about his amnesia, then they complain about the guns, then they complain about the emo stuff and now they're complaining about his voice!
    NOBODY IS EVER SATISFIED WITH SHADOW!

3. Captain L

Captain L

The guy who likes Shadow the Hedgehog Member
    Waiting for the coming of the Great White Hankerchief
    I know they haven't, and I've made the complaint back with the Metal Sonic episode too. It's still a big problem.

4. eighttailedfox

eighttailedfox

Canadia Land
    Project Maelin
    Finale was kind of a let down overall.

But still looking forward to next season.

5. TimmiT

TimmiT

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Member
    I mainly just hope that the second season will actually have a budget so they can use more than four locations. :v:

6. Azu

Azu

I must be stupid. Member
    Yeah, the only English one I found was some dude laugh and talking over it.

7. TimmiT

TimmiT

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Member
    That'd be Bluecore...

Anyway, Spazz uploaded it so you can just download it.

8. Azu

Azu

I must be stupid. Member
    I can download it where?

Nevermind.

9. MartiusR

MartiusR

Well, I also share the impression about things which were already mentioned- way how they've introduced Shadow* (heck, Charlie from previous episode had far better background :P), his role in episode, and that voice... I haven't paid attention who was giving voice for Shadow in various games, but it's the first time, when I had an impression, that Shadow's voice is so... "Un-Shadow-esque". I have a bit ambivalent impression about the Shadow's character - it's generally something completely different from all other characters in this TV series (no "goofy stuff", rather reticent), and to be honest - I can't say if it's good or bad.

But on the other hand - I always preferred Shadow as villain (most part of Sonic Adventure 2... and that's it) rather than some "gloomy guy who is in fact on the good side" (most of the games, I don't know how it was introduced in Sonic X, I've watched only first five episodes and gave up). And that's the one thing I like in "Boom Shadow".

But despite the Shadow thing - it wasn't a bad episode after all. Having all villains in one place and the nightmare of assembling pieces of furniture(sounds familiar...) - what a nice mix.

I'm overall satisfied. Despite some (occasional) bad stuff and mediocre episodes, it was a good thing. Have hope that Season 2 will be at least so good as first one.

*Yes, I'm aware that it was similar to Metal Sonic's introduction.

10. Blue Blood

Blue Blood

Shadow and Metal are just expected to be known characters, as we already saw in RoL and SC. Even Sticks just appears out of the blue. It's an odd case because the way that they're all handled works just fine, but it will leave you scratching your head for a moment. Metal is Eggman's ultimate robot, Shadow is a loner and there's a great animosity between him and Sonic. That's the important stuff and you can get that easily. But you're always left to wonder what's the story behind them. There's not even so much as a throwaway line of an explanation.

11. Overlord

Overlord

Now playable in Smash Bros Ultimate Moderator
    Long-term happiness
    I don't think the season could have ended any better than it did, honestly. + - "Just think of all the hundreds more stories to be told using the same 8 characters and 4 locations! The possibilities are limitless!" Shoutout also to the "he's the second most popular character in the canon!" line as well =P  

Who'd have thought just after the game came out and we all saw how fucking atrocious it was that we'd want more of a Boom product? This should never have been anything more than the TV show.

12. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    This show is so self aware I love it. That Orbot line at the end, just genius.

Why the hell is everything Sonic so self aware these days?

13. Blue Blood

Blue Blood

It's only on the American side. The guys in Japan would never be this brilliant.

14. Sonic X would like to have a word with you.

15. Blue Blood

Blue Blood

The guys in Japan would never be this brilliant these these days.

Even so that's not 100% true. But you get my point. I really doubt Sonic Team would ever allow any of the sort self-aware jokes that SoA, Ruby and Boom are making to show up in the games any more, even in a more subtle way. The self-awareness is good when the franchise is making some genuine improvements or is otherwise decent regardless of it's shortfalls.

16. The KKM

The KKM

Welcome to the nExt level Member
    Portugal
    IDW's Sonic the Hedgehog comic books
    I genuinely wouldn't talk so certainly, unless you can read Japanese. A ton of the Japanese side of things is still fairly blocked from us due to the language, for all I know Runners is full of jokes like these.

17. TimmiT

TimmiT

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Member
    Colours, Generations and Lost World were all at least partially written by American writers (Ken Pontac and Warren Graff) if you're talking about those. With the one where they had the most influence (Lost World) having the worst writing.

Speaking of which, they should replace the writers of the games with Ian Flynn or the Sonic Boom show writers already.

18. Blue Blood

Blue Blood

I wasn't talking about those. I meant the Boom cartoon and the current state of of the social media. Pontac and Graff have proven themselves to be wrong for the job as far as I'm concerned.

Flynn would just be fantastic though.

19. Atendega

Atendega

Lesser Sea Sponge Member
    Comfy couch
    Collecting insults
    Ian Flynn, please. :specialed: + - Seriously though, if he wrote Adventure 3 I could die happy.  

20. Lanzer

Lanzer

The saber calls for its master... Member
    Glendale, AZ
    Living life.
    Flynn would do this series right if they let him write a sonic game, I know he would.