don't click here

Sonic Boom (Games) Megathread

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by TimmiT, Oct 2, 2013.

1. TimmiT

TimmiT

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Member
    Sometime in the first half of next year. SEGA usually announces Sonic games that release in October/November in the first half of the year.

Also, small bit of new gameplay: https://youtu.be/lnHgEqzKwSI?t=46s

2. trakker

trakker

The guy that's been warned! Member
    OK seriously, they had 15 seconds of footage, couldn't they have shown somebody playing and not sucking lol

3. Ell678

Ell678

Am I Annoying You? Member
    Barrow, England
    Sonic Incursion
    Thing is, will the quality actually be consistent? It's all fine and well putting these things in, but if it plays like crap it's all a waste of time.

Personally, I still think it looks like utter garbage.

4. STHX

STHX

SEGAAAAAAAAA?!? Member
    The world of Trophies
    Sonic In Mushroom Kingdom
    That was my implication since I cited most of the things the fanbase hated of the past games, which were slowly removed in the recent games (because almost everybody hated them), and yet this game brought them all back in one package. I have no doubt this game is going to be complete crap, and the previews so far don't really inspire confidence either. I seriously have no idea what was SoA thinking with this game. This game will end like every other reboot/alternate take of an old franchise, and the developers will most likely blame poor sales on the fact "it isn't fast enough", which is how they are avoiding criticism on the Sega forums, just like the whole white hair and DmC.

5. Ell678

Ell678

Barrow, England
    Sonic Incursion
    For once I missed the dripping sarcasm :specialed:

6. GerbilSoft

GerbilSoft

RickRotate'd. Administrator
    USA
    rom-properties
    Preorder at GameStop, get an exclusive figurine.

Now I might have to actually preorder it. :v:

7. Knucklez

Knucklez

I love 2B 'n' ass. Member
    As if Sonic Dash wasn't just another Temple Run clone, they copied & pasted Sonic Dash, changed the title, and... WA-LA!

Fucking brilliant. Bravo! Take my money you whores! While you're at it, shove Sonic's head underwater and see if he can hold his breath for 5 hours. If he doesn't make it, you've succeeded and done him a favor.

8. STHX

STHX

SEGAAAAAAAAA?!? Member
    The world of Trophies
    Sonic In Mushroom Kingdom
    http://blogs.sega.com/2014/08/14/new-trailer-screenshots-and-concept-art-for-sonic-boom/

Shadow and Metal Sonic are in this game and they look...
    [​IMG][​IMG]

Exactly as they always looked...
    Also have a trailer, just because.

There was a 4chan post some time ago that "predicted" Shadow and Metal Sonic and that they actually came from the main game universe, just like that Sonic Unverse comic. Since their appearance is unchanged I'm starting to believe it.

9. The KKM

The KKM

Welcome to the nExt level Member
    Portugal
    IDW's Sonic the Hedgehog comic books
    Not likely, they'll want to keep the branches as separate as possible. Metal looks the same because the robotics design inherent to Boom is utter shite and they'd only ruin his design and had the sense to see it (see also: Orbot and Cubot look the same); Shadow presumably isn't a mummy since the mummy design is associated with the heroes and thus he just gets a couple extra spine antennae and plates on his shoes.

Should've shaved his arms.

10. Clownacy

Clownacy

Tech Member
    Somehow I doubt they'll fit Shadow's real backstory and character into something this... well, look at the rusty robot thing, hell, Shadow's smiling in that image; I don't think immortality and conspiracy and death are in this show's range. All hail not-Shadow.

11. Tiller

Tiller

HDK & World Runner
    Wat. If you are going to go full retard with your redesigns you don't just stop trying at the main cast. These guys barely changed, so either they are hardcore back pedaling or lazy because now they can't really justify the new designs.

12. Felik

Felik

Shadow's face looks just like Sonic's.

13. Jason

Jason

*Results not lab tested. Member
    Oh man, so because it was too late to backpedal on the main cast designs, they decided to change practically nothing on the supporting cast? This game is so... confusing. Where is the direction? Everything about it feels like a hodgepodge of story gimmicks and design choices.

14. Ell678

Ell678

Barrow, England
    Sonic Incursion
    Shadow looks identical, but his pose / face screams Sonic. For some reason, I also think of Amy. As for Metal Sonic, did they shorten the torso engine? Is that it? I was expecting at least six go-faster stripes, maybe some sellotape hanging off his limbs.

What a mess this game is.

15. GeneHF

GeneHF

SEGA-ier than you'll potentially ever be. Site Staff
    Scenic Studiopolis
    Complete Global Conquest
    BRB should have submitted Sonic Boom to SAGE. It likely would have lost to Time Twisted, but it's a strong contender for fan game material. :eng101:

16. Captain L

Captain L

The guy who likes Shadow the Hedgehog Member
    Waiting for the coming of the Great White Hankerchief
    I miss the rumors of Hawaiian Shirt Shadow already. He wouldn't have to act different than the normal Shadow (and the template for Boom, I assume), just put him in a Hawaiian Shirt.

17. NiktheGreek

NiktheGreek

Grumpy old bastard Oldbie
    Writing for the best video game magazine in the world
  18. Sparks

Sparks

Sondro Gomez / Kyle & Lucy
    The way the trailer handled Sonics supposed death has me feeling that entire scene is going to be tongue in cheek.

19. Overlord

Overlord

Now playable in Smash Bros Ultimate Moderator
    Long-term happiness
    The entire story seems somewhat tongue-in-cheek, which is a shame because it's about the only thing in this project that looks good...

20. SomeSortOfRobot

SomeSortOfRobot

Mid-Southern US
    http://legendoflucy.com
    They sure pissed that creativity away pretty quick.