don't click here

Sonic Boom (Games) Megathread

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by TimmiT, Oct 2, 2013.

1. Josh

Josh

Oldbie
    USA
    Y'know, normally, I can't stand that whole "Sanic" meme. But in this case, the franchise has earned it. :(

2. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    This game is sanic incarnate.

Fuck this series is sanic. Sanic boom

3. Lilly

Lilly

United States
    Shang Mu Architect
    I'm curious. Exactly how frequent are the bugs in this game? Are people going out of their way to find the better half of the nastier bugs, or is everyone finding most of these accidentally while dicking around or trying to play the game. A (very) small portion of them don't look particularly easy to trigger for the average player.

4. Tiller

Tiller

HDK & World Runner
    From what I've observed most of the glitches are the result of stumbling into them as players play games with different methods of approach like attempting to backtrack, jump, or die in a certain area only to get trapped. There are plenty of minor object collisions that are just messed up if people run into them. Others seem to randomly trigger like 2006 tier falling through boost rings or messed up cutscenes, and some are just massive oversights that need specific triggers like the Knuck jump.

5. MykonosFan

MykonosFan

MODE CHANGE. Moderator
    I wouldn't say it's his fault, he could have been at the mercy of the director / sound director etc. That said I've heard his name actually isn't in the ROL credits (I figure Bob would know what he was talking about in the interview Blue Blood linked a few pages back, but considering how this game turned out who knows)...

6. Chimera

Chimera

I'm not a furry. Tech Member
    Castlevania prettyness
    lol I clicked on the annotation on Jared's one minute review and saw his legit one. Geez. It's just depressing how bad this game turned out to be.

They somehow got people to take the marketing material they had and make it look interesting, and we got... really, really slipshod bullshit. What the actual fuck?

I don't think I'm going to be able to get over how awful this is, not for a while.

7. Mr Lange

Mr Lange

A wise guy eh. I know how to DEAL with wise guys. Member
    The Land of Waldos
    Sonic Utopia, Sonic Overture
    For those who are trying to say this isn't 06 bad, just consider how profound it is that so many people are relating this to 06 to this extent and arguing this much about it. It's frightening how people are actually now trying to draw out positives about 06 to compare to Boom in these discussions. That alone says a lot about just how BAD Sonic Boom is. I don't think it's accurate to say this is as bad as 06, because then people try to break down the different ways in which Boom and 06 are broken to determine which is actually worse. Really, 06 is 06 and Boom is Boom and they're both pretty much just as bad. Maybe Boom is not exactly 06 2, but instead is now going to be a new encompassing term used as a measuring stick for the quality of Sonic games just like 06 is. Let's allow 06 and Boom to both coexist as the low points in Sonic's history, just low in different ways.
    + - Eh that won't stop me from calling it the new 06 anyway.  

8. Willie

Willie

Each day the world turns Laugh 'til it all burns Member
    If his name isn't even mentioned in the credits of Rise of Lyric, that would explain a lot. I do wonder what exactly went wrong with the game's sound direction to what it end up the way it did. Your guess is as good as mine.

9. Icewarrior

Icewarrior

I'm a member of S.T.A.R.S !!11!!!1!! Member
    IIRC, Richard Jacques was only in charge of the 3DS Shattered Crystals soundtrack. Are you guys talking about it or RoL?

10. Willie

Willie

Each day the world turns Laugh 'til it all burns Member
    Oh, good. How does the 3DS soundtrack fare?

11. TimmiT

TimmiT

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Member
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bxNgdO6uQSM

12. Jay T.

Jay T.

It takes an idiot to do cool things... Member
    So, thanks to this person on a certain Sonic news site, he posted this Google search link for anything BRB-related on LinkedIn. From the looks of things, seems like a lot of people left BRB in the middle of production, most leaving between April and October, but the majority in June and July. So far, he found these people on the first 3 pages: Justin Leader, Christian Senn, Dori Arazi, Dimitri Frazao, Rob Flaska, Mark Vernon, David Nam, Gerald Vera, Niles Tucker, and that's not all of them from the looks of it.

This might be odd too, but BRB hasn't tweeted anything since November 4th.

13. TimmiT

TimmiT

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Member
    Christian Senn? Oh boy.

Also, if you want to watch the new episodes, they can easily be found on Youtube.

14. Machenstein

Machenstein

At this point, I feel both Sega and BigRedButton have a responsibility to quell the backlash Rise of Lyric has brought to the Sonic brand. BigRedButton needs to explain what happened during the development of the game, and Sega needs to show something from Sonic Team's next game soon. If Sega can't announce Sonic Team's next game soon, then at least drop a hint as to what type of Sonic game we should expect next. All of this uncertainty for Sonic's future has made the whole situation even more unstable for both fans and non-fans alike.

I'm likely hoping for too much though. I think the Internet has scared Sega off and made any meaningful fan input impossible for them to find. We saw what happened to Stephen Frost at the Sega forums. As fans who have been burnt by this series so many times, it's become nearly impossible for us to offer any meaningful criticism without peppering it with snide remarks. I know our criticism should be obvious to Sega, but BigRedButton's involvement has proven to me that maybe our criticism is not obvious to everyone.

15. Captain L

Captain L

The guy who likes Shadow the Hedgehog Member
    Waiting for the coming of the Great White Hankerchief
    [​IMG]

The only way to describe Knuckles' jumping glitch.

Also found on Tumblr, I'm not the only one who thought the ice cream vendor looked like a blue Blaze, they're calling him Blaze's brother, named "Frost". My current conspiracy theory on him is that they reused and recolored a Blaze model they already had, for use later.

16. TimmiT

TimmiT

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Member
    Why would saying that a buggy and boring game is a buggy and boring game make us the bad guys? :v:/>

Really though, there are no bad guys when it comes to people saying what they think about video games. If you think there are, than you'll just look dumb.

Why does the fanbase have to come up with theories about a generic anthropomorphic cat that appears for two seconds?

17. Icewarrior

Icewarrior

I'm a member of S.T.A.R.S !!11!!!1!! Member
    Huh I don't know, I didn't play the game so far.
    Though that one isn't bad at all

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jq3_LWUDMPU

I'd love to check a ripped OST from both games.

18. S0LV0

S0LV0

Sonic Generations Helpdesk Tech Member
    Spagonia
    Abusing SMPS
    [​IMG]
    Fixed that for you.

19. Jay T.

Jay T.

It takes an idiot to do cool things... Member
    Decided to go through some more pages (10 more, to be exact) on Google focusing on LinkedIn to see how many other people left BRB, and well, check it out.

Kevin Hsu, Alexander Stein, Jake Miller, Todd Ammons, Arlington Cruz, Martin Ocejo, Nathan Smith, Tuan Nguyen, Andrew Pursehouse, Christian Davis, Erwin Madrid, Yuhki Demers, Travis Ruiz, Jason Norton, Dannie Carlone, Nicolas Weis, Justin Stearns

Something must've happened during the late spring and summer since the majority of them left around that time. They also managed to find other jobs in other studios like Gearbox, Blizzard, and so-on pretty quickly. This is really weird.

As for the cartoon, really liked "Translate This," especially the ending. Maybe it's just me, but that giant robot they fought kind of reminds me of the Guts Tank from Mega Man. "Buster" was pretty good at the beginning and was okay at the end. Poor Tails though. Didn't expect that.

20. ICEknight

ICEknight

Researcher Researcher
    After the misleading Needlemouse shit they pulled with the trainwreck that was Sonic 4, please no more "hints" SEGA.