don't click here

SONIC BEYOND

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Thewoog, May 18, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tails drank 7 cans of red bull so he can run as fast as Sonic. Sonic bought a jetpack.

Problem solved.

2. RedStripedShoes

RedStripedShoes

And I'm gone again. Member
    <!--quoteo(post=316536:date=Jun 7 2009, 01:25 PM:name=Blast Processing)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Blast Processing @ Jun 7 2009, 01:25 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=316536">[​IMG]</a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Tails drank 7 cans of red bull so he can run as fast as Sonic. Sonic bought a jetpack.

Problem solved.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Goddammit you're ruining everything STOP IT

3. Vaiz

Vaiz

I'm still here for some reason! Member
    Internet.
    <!--quoteo(post=316536:date=Jun 7 2009, 11:25 AM:name=Blast Processing)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Blast Processing @ Jun 7 2009, 11:25 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=316536">[​IMG]</a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Tails drank 7 cans of red bull so he can run as fast as Sonic. Sonic bought a jetpack.

Tails goes in to cardiac arrest resulting in his heart exploding. Finally a good ending to a Sonic game.

4. Phos

Phos

Going for the high score on whatever that little b Member
    <!--quoteo(post=316612:date=Jun 7 2009, 04:37 PM:name=RedStripedShoes)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (RedStripedShoes @ Jun 7 2009, 04:37 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=316612">[​IMG]</a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=316536:date=Jun 7 2009, 01:25 PM:name=Blast Processing)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Blast Processing @ Jun 7 2009, 01:25 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=316536">[​IMG]</a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Tails drank 7 cans of red bull so he can run as fast as Sonic. Sonic bought a jetpack.

<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    You're going to have to explain why you're so perturbed by this.

Edit: I think I mentioned back when this thread was new, but most of the gameplay ideas in this video are pretty terrible. In particular, there's the one with the roller coaster bomb and Amy. Good idea, for a cartoon or something, terrible for a game, unless you make it a semi interactive cutscene, like the bombing sequence in Angle Island Zone. If you try to put much more intricacy behind what the player has to do, it's inevitably going to mean that you have to attempt the sequence like 30 times, completely ruining any fun or emotional impact of the scene.

5. RedStripedShoes

RedStripedShoes

<!--quoteo(post=316755:date=Jun 7 2009, 10:43 PM:name=Phos)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Phos @ Jun 7 2009, 10:43 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=316755">[​IMG]</a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=316612:date=Jun 7 2009, 04:37 PM:name=RedStripedShoes)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (RedStripedShoes @ Jun 7 2009, 04:37 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=316612">[​IMG]</a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=316536:date=Jun 7 2009, 01:25 PM:name=Blast Processing)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Blast Processing @ Jun 7 2009, 01:25 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=316536">[​IMG]</a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Tails drank 7 cans of red bull so he can run as fast as Sonic. Sonic bought a jetpack.

Edit: I think I mentioned back when this thread was new, but most of the gameplay ideas in this video are pretty terrible. In particular, there's the one with the roller coaster bomb and Amy. Good idea, for a cartoon or something, terrible for a game, unless you make it a semi interactive cutscene, like the bombing sequence in Angle Island Zone. If you try to put much more intricacy behind what the player has to do, it's inevitably going to mean that you have to attempt the sequence like 30 times, completely ruining any fun or emotional impact of the scene.

I assumed you would just have to race to the part of the roller coaster track that was broken away, and then press a button or do something clearly labeled to save Amy.

6. Phos

Phos

Going for the high score on whatever that little b Member
    Yeah, but have you though about what the player ha to do during that race? You're asking them to go full speed down an unfamiliar part of the game with a non standard time limit. You either have to make it essentially a cut scene or else... frustration.

Edit: And you never answered my question.

7. Thewoog

Thewoog

<!--quoteo(post=316759:date=Jun 8 2009, 03:56 AM:name=RedStripedShoes)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (RedStripedShoes @ Jun 8 2009, 03:56 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=316759">[​IMG]</a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=316755:date=Jun 7 2009, 10:43 PM:name=Phos)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Phos @ Jun 7 2009, 10:43 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=316755">[​IMG]</a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=316612:date=Jun 7 2009, 04:37 PM:name=RedStripedShoes)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (RedStripedShoes @ Jun 7 2009, 04:37 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=316612">[​IMG]</a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=316536:date=Jun 7 2009, 01:25 PM:name=Blast Processing)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Blast Processing @ Jun 7 2009, 01:25 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=316536">[​IMG]</a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Tails drank 7 cans of red bull so he can run as fast as Sonic. Sonic bought a jetpack.

I assumed you would just have to race to the part of the roller coaster track that was broken away, and then press a button or do something clearly labeled to save Amy.

I never thought of that. Perhaps that is what the artist originally intended. I don't see how it would be frustrating though.

8. RedStripedShoes

RedStripedShoes

<!--quoteo(post=316774:date=Jun 7 2009, 11:30 PM:name=Phos)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Phos @ Jun 7 2009, 11:30 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=316774">[​IMG]</a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Yeah, but have you though about what the player ha to do during that race? You're asking them to go full speed down an unfamiliar part of the game with a non standard time limit. You either have to make it essentially a cut scene or else... frustration.

Edit: And you never answered my question.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

I was just in one of those moods.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.