don't click here

Sonic Axiom game release thread

Discussion in 'Fangaming Discussion' started by vexer, Sep 18, 2011.

1. This fangame has set the bar higher than any else I have played.

Its fantastic from beginning to end. I loved every zone, how different it was, and how uniquely it played.

The only gripe I may have is that the Special Stages may be a bit too hard.

However, the rest of the game is fantastic. Everything I said before holds true for the entire game.

I need to get all the Emeralds, and finish Tails' playthrough. Excellent work.

One question. If I update the game with a newer build, Will I lose my saves too?

2. Aerosol

Aerosol

Not here. Moderator
    Not where I want to be.
    Sonic (?): Coming summer of 2055...?
    I'll be honest. I don't like it. Not because it's a bad game, but because it's extremely similar to Sonic CD, which I also don't like. But it is an excellent accomplishment and you should pat yourself on the back for it! Good job!

3. jasonchrist

jasonchrist

Give Us A Wank Banned
    Sonic Classic Hybrid Project
    I got lucky and found a glitch on Riptide Relic 1 where I had infinite attempts at the Special Stage. When the SS finishes you either end up back at the lamp post with the stars spinning above it, or earlier in the level with a 50+ ring count. And yes, the special stage IS hard and I'm so glad I discovered that glitch because playing as Super Sonic is awesome... although it is a little weird to see SS using Sonic 1 walk frames while normal Sonic uses 2s (not that it's a bad thing - he looks cool!).

Oh, and Vexer... PLEASE don't fix it, it served me very well.

4. Vinchenz

Vinchenz

Yo! Hustle! Hustle! Member
    I thought that, while the special stages were difficult at first they got easier once you got used to them. And I loved how often the bounce physics were used in them.

However, I didn't really like the special stage in general... special stages in Sonic games were supposed to be mini games, not a platforming challenge. It's not a bad platforming challenge, I just don't think it's a good special stage.

5. vexer

vexer

The newer links have the same name so you shouldn't.

6. EDOOM

EDOOM

There are some minor game-breaking bugs as well. I've found those two so far:

Going Supersonic while riding the minecart (the one in that Mine Zone whose name I don't recall) left me hanging in the air, unable to move.

The first transportation pipe in Molten Meltdown Zone act 2 left me stucked halfway, unable to move once again (sonic regains the ability to jump, but it's useless).

In both cases, one must patiently wait for a "time-out death" in order to keep playing, so I think they should be worth fixing...

7. jasonchrist

jasonchrist

Give Us A Wank Banned
    Finished as Tails with all the emeralds, will be moving on to Knuckles. Seriously Retro, you all need to play this game, and I will bump the shit out of this thread until you do.

8. TheKazeblade

TheKazeblade

"Our Life is More than a Side-Effect" Member
    For the Molten Meltdown one at least, each time I got stuck in that pipe I was able to get out by quickly switching between spin-dashing, peel-out and jumping and eventually Sonic clips through the pipe. However, the pipe is entirely optional, so there is a way to bypass it completely.

9. jasonchrist

jasonchrist

Give Us A Wank Banned
    Sorry I missed this. I can't really say because I haven't tried it yet. I ended up just running the exe in winebottler, which works perfectly by the way.

10. Mad Echidna

Mad Echidna

Gone Oldbie
    Yeah I figured it would, I just packaged that for people who aren't familiar with wine.

11. I myself, in my playthrough on the SAGETV Livestream, found many bugs that, though minor, had a degree of annoyance to them. In particular, the worst was being able to be hit near the end of the Super Sonic transformation and losing all your rings, something that was never possible in the Genny games.

I feel that there's enough glitches that it isn't really right to call the game "complete". It needs an extra round of polish.

12. BlazeHedgehog

BlazeHedgehog

A "Community Enigma"? Oldbie
    Riptide Relic Act 1 was particularly buggy for me. Upon entering a special stage once, the lamp post it returned me to was one way earlier in the stage.

Then, after coming out of another special stage, I was actually embedded in the floor, stuck and unable to get out.

[​IMG]

Since I was actually checkpointed here, even waiting ten minutes for time to run out didn't do shit, because it'd just restart me stuck in the floor again.

And then, most recently, I got here in Sandy Sinkhole Act 1 and I think the collision detection on this pillar messed up because the top piece was stuck in mid-air and once I spun through enough of the bottom pieces, the stuck top piece fell through the floor, leaving me trapped in this room with no way out (except to wait for time to run up to 10 minutes and then die).

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

If it's supposed to do that, well, that's awfully frustrating.

13. Felik

Felik

I like how according to your credits sequence Damzien made the whole of Sonic Worlds alone.
    Great job Damzien!

14. vexer

vexer

thanks for pointing that out, I did most of the credits along time ago. I have now fixed it.

I believe I have fixed the problem.
    As for if all the pillars are destroyed just head a little ways left and the pillars will be recreated.
    I have also fixed a couple of other major bugs I found that no one has mentioned.

link 1

link 2

15. Chris Highwind

Chris Highwind

Statesville, NC
    Slacking
    I was playing this game yesterday, and I have to agree, I got a serious Sonic CD vibe from this game. The sounds, the music, the atmosphere, all of it reminded me of Sonic CD in a way. I half-expected to hear Sonic say "Yes!" upon getting a 1-up, or say "I'm outta here!" if you just let him sit there for a few minutes without pausing. And the Sonic CD vibe is a good thing. I got up to Riptide Relic 1 (Which reminds me, even the Zone naming is reminiscent of Sonic CD) before quitting for the day.

16. EDOOM

EDOOM

After playing throughout the whole game once again, I've found some issues that I think should be worth pointing out :

- The pipe in Molten Meltdown Act 2 remains unfixed. Not a game breaking bug, but one that still hinders the gaming experience, forcing the player to follow the same path every time.

- When reaching the signpost at the end of each level in Super Sonic mode, Sonic's sprite appears beside Supersonic's.

- Not sure about it being a bug, but Super Sonic's jump height underwater is lower than Sonic's. This fact leads to Super Sonic getting stuck in some places, such as some water filled pits on the ice level. There one must wait till the ring counter gets depleted in order to be able to reach out of them...

- Sometimes, after fighting MetalSonic and losing a life before him, the following duel can be skipped (MetalSonic appears from below the ground, but doesn't show up in the next room).

I hope this info proves useful to further improve such an awesome game!!

17. Sparks

Sparks

Sondro Gomez / Kyle & Lucy
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vbTlSHDTpAw

Just for anyone who had a hard time with this boss. ;)

18. vexer

vexer

Thanks EDOOM for pointing these bugs out. I have fixed them. (I finally found out what was wrong with that pipe)

here are some new links.

link

link

19. Aerosol

Aerosol

Not here. Moderator
    Not where I want to be.
    Sonic (?): Coming summer of 2055...?
    Watching that video makes me appreciate (again!) how well put together that game is. I could forgive someone for thinking that that is a boss from an official game!

20. synchronizer

synchronizer

One time the propeller on the bottom of a vertically moving platform in the final zone... sort of... un-synchronized itself from its platform.