don't click here

Sonic Apparel

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Beebles, Sep 15, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ross-Irving

Ross-Irving

I wouldn't want to wear any Sonic apparel. I'd rather paint a target on my back. How does it go that far, that you like something so much that you just have to wear some clothes that everyone else can see?

P.S.- You're especially a target if you wear any shirts with Japanese lettering on them.

2. Herm the Germ

Herm the Germ

Hmm, not bad. Well done, doctor! Member
    Dresden, Saxony, Germany
    MIDI-to-SMPS-conversions, mostly. Takin' requests, too.
    <!--quoteo(post=352020:date=Sep 17 2009, 03:45 PM:name=Ross-Irving)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Ross-Irving @ Sep 17 2009, 03:45 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=352020">[​IMG]</a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->I wouldn't want to wear any Sonic apparel. I'd rather paint a target on my back. How does it go that far, that you like something so much that you just have to wear some clothes that everyone else can see?<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    You say that as if it was a bad thing to call oneself a Sonic fan. ... oh, wait.

3. Ross-Irving

Ross-Irving

<!--quoteo(post=352022:date=Sep 17 2009, 08:46 AM:name=Herm the Germ)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Herm the Germ @ Sep 17 2009, 08:46 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=352022">[​IMG]</a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=352020:date=Sep 17 2009, 03:45 PM:name=Ross-Irving)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Ross-Irving @ Sep 17 2009, 03:45 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=352020">[​IMG]</a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->I wouldn't want to wear any Sonic apparel. I'd rather paint a target on my back. How does it go that far, that you like something so much that you just have to wear some clothes that everyone else can see?<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    You say that as if it was a bad thing to call oneself a Sonic fan. ... oh, wait.
    <!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Sure. Even if you were a fan of something that a lot of people liked, you still look like a dork with a t-shirt like that on. That's why I have no graphic t-shirts in my closet at all, except for one red shirt with the Valvoline logo on it, and I hardly ever wear that before it's time to do my laundry. Now if you want me to delve into something a little more farfetched, my theory is that only retarded kids are drawn to wearing shirts with video game characters on them, the Simpsons, South Park, etc. It's like anecdotal evidence man, at my high school, no one wears t-shirts like this except for the ones in "Special Education". You couldn't pay me $100 to wear a lameass graphic t-shirt in public.

4. Herm the Germ

Herm the Germ

Hmm, not bad. Well done, doctor! Member
    Dresden, Saxony, Germany
    MIDI-to-SMPS-conversions, mostly. Takin' requests, too.
    You make people like me, who wish they had shirts like these, seem like complete morons. ._.

5. xcliber

xcliber

<!--quoteo(post=352028:date=Sep 17 2009, 09:55 AM:name=Ross-Irving)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Ross-Irving @ Sep 17 2009, 09:55 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=352028">[​IMG]</a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=352022:date=Sep 17 2009, 08:46 AM:name=Herm the Germ)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Herm the Germ @ Sep 17 2009, 08:46 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=352022">[​IMG]</a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=352020:date=Sep 17 2009, 03:45 PM:name=Ross-Irving)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Ross-Irving @ Sep 17 2009, 03:45 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=352020">[​IMG]</a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->I wouldn't want to wear any Sonic apparel. I'd rather paint a target on my back. How does it go that far, that you like something so much that you just have to wear some clothes that everyone else can see?<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Sure. Even if you were a fan of something that a lot of people liked, you still look like a dork with a t-shirt like that on. That's why I have no graphic t-shirts in my closet at all, except for one red shirt with the Valvoline logo on it, and I hardly ever wear that before it's time to do my laundry. Now if you want me to delve into something a little more farfetched, my theory is that only retarded kids are drawn to wearing shirts with video game characters on them, the Simpsons, South Park, etc. It's like anecdotal evidence man, at my high school, no one wears t-shirts like this except for the ones in "Special Education". You couldn't pay me $100 to wear a lameass graphic t-shirt in public.

So basically, you're calling everyone in this thread that likes Sonic clothing retarded. :colbert:
    If I had any Sonic related apparel, I'd wear it every chance I got. Anyone else here proud to be a retard? :)

6. Ross-Irving

Ross-Irving

<!--quoteo(post=352034:date=Sep 17 2009, 09:10 AM:name=xcliber)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (xcliber @ Sep 17 2009, 09:10 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=352034">[​IMG]</a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->So basically, you're calling everyone in this thread that likes Sonic clothing retarded. :colbert:
    If I had any Sonic related apparel, I'd wear it every chance I got. Anyone else here proud to be a retard? :)<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    Hey blockhead, I knowingly said that it was not to be taken as fact that video game apparel wearers were usually associated with retardation, I didn't say that you automatically are a retard if you wear one. Nice reading comprehension.

7. xcliber

xcliber

"my theory is that only retarded kids are drawn to wearing shirts with video game characters on them, the Simpsons, South Park, etc."

I interpret that as follows:
    "my theory is" = This is what I think.
    "only retarded kids are drawn to wearing shirts with video game characters on them" = Exactly as it states. Thus, since we wear or want to wear Sonic clothing, we must be retards.

So yes, you did, in fact, state that your opinion is that you think we are retards for liking our Sonic clothing.

I really don't know how else one can interpret that, other than you were just kidding. In which case, one might respond, "anyone else here proud to be a retard? :)" as I so jokingly remarked.

But lets not derail this thread over something so stupid.

8. ColaPop

ColaPop

Dallas
    Still Learning
    hahahahahahaha
    Wearing graphic t-shirts doesn't classify me, or anyone for that matter, as a "retard". Let me guess, Ross, your cell phone ring tone is a bland "brrrrrrrrrring", you wear a uniform or suit to work (if you are indeed old enough to work), and you buy your clothes from a limited selection of retailers. Your opinion on simply t-shirts just shouts to me "Hey I'm insecure about myself, I just want to blend in". And what am I supposed to be a target for anyway? Bitches making fun of me for liking a video game character?

lol

T-shirts are just a subtle way of expressing who you are, and if you can't lighten up a bit and where a whacky t-shirt every once and a while, you're the one with a problem, not me.

I don't use any gameshark codes for the genesis, sorry. I had to look up those cheat codes too. I will have to try those as tails
    And I'm totally playing S3K :v:

edit:
    here's one of my shirts
    [​IMG]

9. Techokami

Techokami

For use only on NTSC Genesis systems Researcher
    HoleNet!
    Sonic Worlds Next
    <!--quoteo(post=351868:date=Sep 16 2009, 01:58 PM:name=Overlord)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Overlord @ Sep 16 2009, 01:58 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=351868">[​IMG]</a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->eBay has a ton of the things, there's even a shop that does nothing BUT sell them. I forget what brand name they sell under, though...<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    Searching isn't helping much. Maybe some better descriptions of the product itself? Like, is it made of glass, or plastic?

10. SonarDragon

SonarDragon

<!--quoteo(post=352075:date=Sep 17 2009, 01:20 PM:name=Techokami)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Techokami @ Sep 17 2009, 01:20 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=352075">[​IMG]</a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=351868:date=Sep 16 2009, 01:58 PM:name=Overlord)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Overlord @ Sep 16 2009, 01:58 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=351868">[​IMG]</a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->eBay has a ton of the things, there's even a shop that does nothing BUT sell them. I forget what brand name they sell under, though...<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    Searching isn't helping much. Maybe some better descriptions of the product itself? Like, is it made of glass, or plastic?
    Glass, paperweights, diamonds.

<a href="http://cgi.ebay.com/12-GLASS-DIAMOND-PAPERWEIGHT-40MM-BIRTHSTONE-NEW_W0QQitemZ250295901026QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUS_Pottery_Glass_Wholesale?hash=item3a46cc5b62&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14" target="_blank">Like these</a>

11. Techokami

Techokami

For use only on NTSC Genesis systems Researcher
    HoleNet!
    Sonic Worlds Next
    <!--quoteo(post=352085:date=Sep 17 2009, 09:39 AM:name=SonarDragon)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (SonarDragon @ Sep 17 2009, 09:39 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=352085">[​IMG]</a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=352075:date=Sep 17 2009, 01:20 PM:name=Techokami)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Techokami @ Sep 17 2009, 01:20 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=352075">[​IMG]</a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=351868:date=Sep 16 2009, 01:58 PM:name=Overlord)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Overlord @ Sep 16 2009, 01:58 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=351868">[​IMG]</a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->eBay has a ton of the things, there's even a shop that does nothing BUT sell them. I forget what brand name they sell under, though...<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

<a href="http://cgi.ebay.com/12-GLASS-DIAMOND-PAPERWEIGHT-40MM-BIRTHSTONE-NEW_W0QQitemZ250295901026QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUS_Pottery_Glass_Wholesale?hash=item3a46cc5b62&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14" target="_blank">Like these</a>
    Ahh, paperweights. Why didn't I think of that? Thanks.

12. Ross-Irving

Ross-Irving

<!--quoteo(post=352048:date=Sep 17 2009, 10:29 AM:name=ColaPop)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (ColaPop @ Sep 17 2009, 10:29 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=352048">[​IMG]</a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->I'm too lazy to properly read a post so I think it's personal and directed towards me and I assume others' think of their opinions as facts.

edit:
    here's one of my shirts
    (Picture Here)<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    You can choose to be as offended or as indifferent to my sarcastic, clearly stated "opinion" if you want. I haven't ever heard a Sonic X t-shirt whisper <span style="font-size:8pt;line-height:100%">"dork"<!--sizec--></span><!--/sizec--> to me. It shouts "DORK". It's not a subtle form of expression. And the picture's backwards, way to go man.

13. xcliber

xcliber

Anyone with half a brain knows that he just took a picture of himself in the mirror. What's wrong with that? If you hate Sonic related clothing items so much, then why did you even bother to post in a thread about Sonic clothes other than to flame those that do like them?

For anyone that was looking for sonic related clothing on E-bay:
    <a href="http://clothing.shop.ebay.com/Clothing-Shoes-Accessories-/11450/I.html?_nkw=sonic+the+hedgehog&_frs=1&_trksid=p3286.c0.m359" target="_blank">http://clothing.shop.ebay.com/Clothing-Sho...d=p3286.c0.m359</a>
    I might have to go on a shopping spree.

14. Chaos Knux

Chaos Knux

Stable avatar temporary. Randomizer site down. Misfit
    Wow! 8 hours, and two people post the links on eBay I most wanted to hunt at this time! Thanks! *splurges on a set of 40mm, a 50mm set and one huge green* :v:

15. GagaMan

GagaMan

You must be a real boring person to hang out with Ross, sorry to say. Character t-shirts are everywhere, I see people wearing them all the time, many with a girl on their arm so they can't be that dorky. I don't see how it's any different to wearing a sports shirt, really. Each to their own and all that, though.

I do agree that it's a bit silly when they stick random Japanese on the t-shirts though. A lot of the Sesame Street ones going about at the moment do for some reason. I had a friend at Uni that knew a bit of Japanese and translated an Oscar one I've got. Turns out it says nothing at all, just gibberish. What a surprise. XD

(Why have I got it? Because it was a gift and it has the goddam Oscar on it, and he is awesome.)

16. 0r4ng3

0r4ng3

<!--quoteo(post=351535:date=Sep 15 2009, 09:43 PM:name=Sparks)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Sparks @ Sep 15 2009, 09:43 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=351535">[​IMG]</a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=351421:date=Sep 15 2009, 08:50 AM:name=Lobotomy)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Lobotomy @ Sep 15 2009, 08:50 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=351421">[​IMG]</a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->[​IMG]<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->Oh god I want this so badly.
    <a href="http://cgi.ebay.com/SONIC-the-HEDGEHOG-japanese-T-Shirt-Large-LG-L-slim-fit_W0QQitemZ360189761953QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUS_CSA_MC_Shirts?hash=item53dcfb99a1&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14" target="_blank">http://cgi.ebay.com/SONIC-the-HEDGEHOG-jap...id=p3286.c0.m14</a>

If I had money right now, I'd go shopping like someone here said. Damn those play sega controls bursting through my budget like that.

17. muteKi

muteKi

Fuck it Member
    Am I the only one who loses a little of his will to live every time he sees Latin characters fucked with to look like Katakana?

I mean, I really like the shirt otherwise (that's probably my favorite Sonic pose ever, <a href="http://images.google.com/images?rlz=1C1GGLS_enUS305US305&sourceid=chrome&q=felix%20the%20cat&um=1&ie=UTF-8&sa=N&hl=en&tab=wi" target="_blank">for reasons I've noted before</a>), but that typesetting kills it for me.

18. Overlord

Overlord

Now playable in Smash Bros Ultimate Moderator
    Long-term happiness
    <!--quoteo(post=352020:date=Sep 17 2009, 02:45 PM:name=Ross-Irving)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Ross-Irving @ Sep 17 2009, 02:45 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=352020">[​IMG]</a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->I wouldn't want to wear any Sonic apparel. I'd rather paint a target on my back. How does it go that far, that you like something so much that you just have to wear some clothes that everyone else can see?

P.S.- You're especially a target if you wear any shirts with Japanese lettering on them.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    I see from your profile you're 17. No offense, but when you leave school, all the rules change. I regularly wore that kind of stuff at university - zero issues. Never would have at school.

<!--quoteo(post=352091:date=Sep 17 2009, 06:50 PM:name=Techokami)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Techokami @ Sep 17 2009, 06:50 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=352091">[​IMG]</a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=352085:date=Sep 17 2009, 09:39 AM:name=SonarDragon)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (SonarDragon @ Sep 17 2009, 09:39 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=352085">[​IMG]</a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=352075:date=Sep 17 2009, 01:20 PM:name=Techokami)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Techokami @ Sep 17 2009, 01:20 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=352075">[​IMG]</a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=351868:date=Sep 16 2009, 01:58 PM:name=Overlord)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Overlord @ Sep 16 2009, 01:58 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=351868">[​IMG]</a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->eBay has a ton of the things, there's even a shop that does nothing BUT sell them. I forget what brand name they sell under, though...<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Ahh, paperweights. Why didn't I think of that? Thanks.
    Yeah, that's the stuff.

19. ColaPop

ColaPop

Dallas
    Still Learning
    I bet you could relist some of those "wedding decorations" as chaos emeralds and sell them for a pretty penny. It took me forever to figure out to search that.

20. Beebles

Beebles

Now with OFFICIAL terrible Knuckles artwork. Member
    Check my blog for details.
    @ Ross-Irving
    I take it that you live in Conservative-Land, USA, right? Faggot jocks hassle you for your tastes, just for kicks? It's cool, I've been in that boat. Take it easy man, you're among allies. If you're not cool with wearing a target, that's fine, but I was just hypothesizing. I wouldn't judge you either way.

And if I'm wrong, you best be trolling. :v:

@ Chaos Emeralds discussion
    Awhile back I was at Hobby Lobby, and I found some faux brilliant cut gems (made of glass) for $7.99. They were about palm-sized, and only came in clear and pink (that I saw). Theoretically, you could get your hands on some glass dye, and make your own set.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.