don't click here

Sonic Anniversary Celebrations thread

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Mikel, Jun 23, 2011.

1. Skyler

Skyler

Neonネオン Cowgirlカウガール Site Staff
    Hellafornia
    The next audtion
    [​IMG]

HAPPY 10TH BIRTHDAY SHADOW AND ROUGE! :specialed:

*ahem*

I remember the very first time I saw Sonic. I was a little kid at the local (and by local I mean in the neighboring city) Hollywood Video looking for a new Genesis game. I saw the box and thought, "Well, he isn't green but it's ok. I'll try it anyway." I got the game, turned on my Genesis, and was greeted by the darling chant of "Say-Guh!" and the little guy popping up on the title screen for the first time. Needless to say, I was hooked. The rest is history. :)

...I feel so old now. :(

2. GeneHF

GeneHF

SEGA-ier than you'll potentially ever be. Site Staff
    Scenic Studiopolis
    Complete Global Conquest
    I only did a quick marathon of titles on their native hardwares:

Sonic 1: Green Hill Zone
    Sonic 2: Chemical Plant Zone
    Sonic 3K: Sky Sanctuary Zone
    SA1: Speed Highway
    SA2 The Trial: City Escape (May as well play the level before it went to shit)
    Heroes: Seaside Hill
    2006: Crisis City (God this game is still vomit and shit combined, why do I still own it?)
    Unleashed: Rooftop Run Act 1
    Colors: Planet Wisp

All done in an hour.

3. Vinchenz

Vinchenz

Yo! Hustle! Hustle! Member
    Well, Crisis City was absolutely shitastic to play. Glitchiest level I've ever played in a Sonic game, a series where there's tons of glitchy levels to choose from. And it has to worst mach speed section too. It's too bad because I think it's a pretty unique trope mixture that we haven't seen in a Sonic game before (Mixture of Lava and City).

I'll be heavily interested in playing a 10,000x better version of that level.

4. SmashX5000

SmashX5000

Simply Smashing Member
    Below Canada
    I'm working on a cartoon based on the Genesis games called Sonic Boom.
    I honestly don't remember when I first played a Sonic game, but I do remember playing Sonic Adventure 2: Battle a lot after I got my Gamecube. I played through both stories plenty of times. I wish I could play the game again, but I don't know what happened to my copy of the game.

Anyways, this is something small I made for Sonic's 20th Anniversary.
    [​IMG]

5. Namo

Namo

take a screenshot of your heart Member
    I threw together a "complete" and "definitive" Sonic CD OST, containing both the American and JP/EU soundtracks. I made it because most places where I found it didn't loop the music, or didn't have the past tracks included. It's basically a combination of Retro's CD OSV, "Sonic the Hedgehog Boom", and the miscellaneous tracks such as Game Over and Speed Up. Contains both version's openings and endings in full too and the past tracks..

That's pretty much all I did to 'celebrate'.

6. Epsilonsama

Epsilonsama

THE FASTEST TAPE ALIVE! Member
    Earth
    Deviantart, raping our childhoods since 2000.

7. Josh

Josh

Oldbie
    USA
    I've completed TEN Sonic games today (well, nine games and a demo, but still!)! I played through each of these as Sonic, and Sonic only. For the modern titles, I skipped the story mode entirely and just played each of Sonic's levels directly. Here's a mini-review of each!

Sonic 1 (Megamix Original) - Gens
    32:30 - One death in Scrap Brain Zone Act 2
    This game is the alpha and omega! Its sequels are tons better, though.

Sonic 2 - Gens
    31:13 - Zero deaths
    My first video game EVER. Though I still hate Metropolis.

Sonic CD - Gens
    33:10 - One death in Metallic Madness Act 1
    I never really cared for the level design, but MAN the soundtrack is great!

Sonic 3 (Complete) - Gens
    60:44 - Zero deaths
    Best. Game. Ever. Nothing else touches it. It was just as good as it was when I played it last week, and it'll be just as good when I play it again next week.

Sonic 4 - PlayStation 3
    54:33 - Died twice to final boss
    Quickly looking like last year's model next to Generations. A good game, undeserving of the Sonic 4 moniker.

Sonic Adventure - Dreamcast
    26:51 - Zero deaths
    Aging about as well as you'd expect. It's still fun, but MAN it's starting to feel rocky.

Sonic Adventure 2 - Dreamcast
    17:57, Zero deaths
    Much more polished, holds up better than its predecessor. I'd go so far as to say I like Sonic's gameplay here significantly more.

Sonic Unleashed - Xbox 360
    31:22 - Three deaths
    Town stages were awful. Werehog was boring, but not terrible. Day stages are AMAZING. Favorite 3D gameplay, believe it or not.

Sonic Generations Demo - PlayStation
    30:51 - Zero deaths
    If Oblivion is the antithesis of everything I want in a game, then this would appear to be the yin to its crap.

TOTAL LIFELESS HEDGEHOGS: Seven

TOTAL TIME WELL-SPENT: 289:11, nearly five hours!

8. OKei

OKei

OKeijiDragon Member
    I can't believe I celebrated Sonic's B-day yesterday by playing and uploading this: