don't click here

Sonic and the Rings of Order (RPG)

Discussion in 'Fangaming Discussion' started by Ranger, Apr 28, 2011.

1. H Hog

H Hog

The Ultimate Oswald! Oldbie
    Amsterdam, the Netherlands
    Sonic and the Rings of Order (Artwork)
    Hey, uhmm... I dunno if you were still in the market for new busts, or if the ones I have on offer fit your style at all, but back when I still regularly maintained a Sonic community-based webcomic, my good and talented friend Matrixx made me a bunch of templates which I, over the years, adopted as my own and remodeled a huge freaking amount of extra characters and fancharas out of. They can be pieced together and customized out of templates with tons of possible expressions and emotions, as the comic I linked to may show you.
    If you're at all interested and think the style is to your liking, just gimme a shout and we can make something happen. =D

(EDIT: Obviously check the most recent ones first, the early comics used a completely different style!)

(EDIT 2: Eehh, I just compiled a small sheet of all the non-fancharacter sprites I have, along with the expression pieces and props I use to customise them (and in Shadow's case, a small example as to how they can be customised with minor alterations), to give an idea. PS; I'm totally willing to sprite up any other characters you may need in this style as well, by the way.)

2. Ranger

Ranger

BBQ flickies Member
    Canuckistan
    Sonic and the Rings of Order RPG
    H Hog: I actually have something I'd like to ask you; I'll send you a PM on it in a bit~

Also: While I'm here, I figure I'll show off what's been happening with this the past week or so:
    DIALOGUE
    [​IMG]

Not only can Sonic look at things there are now PEOPLE he can talk to! The streets of Emerald Town are bustling with activity!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Also, it won't be in the demo, but the mirror universe version of Emerald Town (Ruby City) is slowly gaining life, too.
    [​IMG]

There's still a ways to go before a demo, so I don't know if I'll be able to make my hoped-for Jan 1 release date, but it SHOULD be near there I'm hoping!

3. Jimmy Hedgehog

Jimmy Hedgehog

England - Slough
    Getting the motivation to continue old projects
    The whole Mirror Universe thing reminds me of Trilby's Notes from the old Chzo Mythos series. Either way really loving how it's all coming together, I quite like the look of Sonic bust and the environments.

4. RankoChan

RankoChan

I'm bored, k? Member
    Some random RPG project.
    Great job on this Ranger, I'll definitely be downloading this when it's ready. The Mother/Sonic art-style works well and the story is very interesting, It reminds me of the (good) Archie comics.

5. Ranger

Ranger

BBQ flickies Member
    Canuckistan
    Oh, one last thing:

[​IMG]

RUN SONC

6. Metal Knuckles

Metal Knuckles

HAVE SOME FUN WITH MIKU Member
    New Hampshire, USA
    Shadow Alpha, an awesome hack of Sonic 1
    Please tell me she speaks in non-stop excited fashion, like Wendy Oldbag in Phoenix Wright. Nothing would get the idea of "oh fuck it's Amy" across quite as well as...

Is that a picture of Silver?

7. Namo

Namo

take a screenshot of your heart Member
    Maybe she mistook the photo of Silver for a photo of Sonic. :v:

8. H Hog

H Hog

No, it makes sense guys.... If you read MS Paint Chaotix you'd understand =P

9. Namo

Namo

I think a fair number of us haven't, can you link a brotha up?

10. H Hog

H Hog

Okay uhm, I'm on my netbook so I don't have any direct relevant links handy, but the actual story starts in Ranger's "Badly Illustrated Fan Fiction Summaries" (or BIFFS) along with Badly Illustrated Fan Fics, all to be found on the deviantArt account of "rangersnow".

After that, MS Paint Chaotix itself begins here: http://forum.starmen.net/forum/Fan/Forum/GAME-MS-Paint-Chaotix

It's basically started out as an MS Paint Adventures parody with Sonic influences, but grew into a pretty damn epic story of its own right.

11. Titan

Titan

UK
    Haha, I love that Amy even has a calendar with Sonic on it, and nice touch that you can see her old outfit in her wardrobe :)
    This is looking pretty cool, look forward to seeing more of this game!

12. Mike Arcade

Mike Arcade

Free Scriber of Mobius Member
    Awesome rooms for Sonic and Amy, I noticed the Hang Glider from Sonic 2 GG/MS (So many painful memories), that picture of Sally, and obviously that ring box (Always have a spare). Amy's room was pretty funny, lol on the Angry Sonic Picture and Silver Picture. Also noticed Amy's old Classic Dress at the corner of her closet, nice touch man.

13. I can't wait to see this game in action. The screenshots alone are pure eye candy and all the little details within it are stunning. Keep up the solid work!

Edit: One question though, what's going on with Amy's hands in that bust of her in that last screenshot?

14. H Hog

H Hog

She's clenching her fists in excitement? Seems obvious to me... :v:

15. Namo

Namo

A little off-topic, but I've been reading MSPaint Chaotix for the past few days, and I've got to say it's one of the best things I've ever read. The way you use references is clever and witty, and the humor doesn't stem completely from it too. Excellent work, Ranger!

Needless to say I'm definitely looking forward to this game.

16. Jimmy Hedgehog

Jimmy Hedgehog

England - Slough
    Getting the motivation to continue old projects
    Are there gonna be multiple endings and branching outcomes for events based on d20? :v: But yeah, really eager to play this, loving the look of this.

17. Vinchenz

Vinchenz

Yo! Hustle! Hustle! Member
    Hey Ranger, just wanted to say congrats on finishing MSPaint Chaotix. It was really good and kept me hooked until the end.

Although I didn't care how serious it got past Act I (and even borderline depressing in some parts), or how confusing it got with how many characters there were... but all in all, it was good. You definitely deserve a pat in the back for finishing a project that big.

Now, even though this game is a sequel to that story, it does seem a lot more lighthearted (which is what I personally prefer :P). I patiently await for what you have in store for us with this game!

18. Lambda

Lambda

Love your original graphics, dude! They look awesome! I love all the touches. People have mentioned the hang glider and the ring box, Amy's old dress, and such, but I also cought Sonic's guitar from Sonic Underground. I can't wait to see how this comes out!

I've always had one problem with PRGs though... battles that lag on for LONG periods of time. I don't know if this happened in Earthbound or not, but I know some of the Mario RPGs did that...Sonic Chronicles seemed to do that too...

I've always liked how Pokémon battles were paced, though. They never seem to take much longer than they should.

But congrats, dude! You've got my interest! :)

19. Ranger

Ranger

BBQ flickies Member
    Canuckistan
    Oh wow, so much for my Jan. 1 goal, huh?
    Though I am still working on this! It's mostly the music that's been delaying it, but that's slowly but surely getting done~
    I feel bad keeping you guys in the dark the whole time, so have a little taster of the music.

20. ItzWizzz

ItzWizzz

Speed Wiz
    Nigeria, Africa
    Genie!!!!!!!(Manga)/Unamed Sonic RPG.
    Really nice!!!! Especially the battle screen. I'm also working on a sonic RPG myself.But why don't you use RPG Maker VX Ace instead. It's the one I use and its better than rpg maker Xp, plus its compatible with a lot of custom scripts( I use tha animated battler and jet sideview scripts). But that's just me lol. Do hope to integrate something to the battle system? If you don't mind me asking?