don't click here

Sonic and the Black Knight

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Dark Sonic, Jul 19, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Other than the face sonic's holding a sword those screenies look good to me.

2. muteKi

muteKi

Fuck it Member
    Well, it certainly looks pretty good, but not to the degree that I'd say that these were obviously pre-rendered. Probably one of the better-looking Wii games out of what I've seen.

In any case, I still think this would have benefitted from being not Sonic, but whatever.

3. Sonic Warrior TJ

Sonic Warrior TJ

Have an ice time Member
    GA
    You know, if Sega just called it "Black Knight", and you had to play as a knight, it'd probably get better reviews. Though in all honesty, I think it'd be sooo boring.

4. Uber Shell

Uber Shell

Resident Social Pariah Member
    Somewhere...I think...
    Being a warm, fuzzy ball of controversy!
    That's because Sega has put too much fail into the newer games; everyone expects this to be another Sonic train wreck that we have to just wait out. If this game IS good, then perhaps the critics will be more forgiving for the next one. BUT............what do I know?

5. DimensionWarped

DimensionWarped

Erinaceous! Oldbie
    But it won't be. It'll be another 3D Sonic game with the usual obligatory gimmicks like grinding (now with 50% more what the fuck since you grind on heavy looking rope using your rubber shoes) and dash pads. Only it'll have some of the werewolf shit mixed into gameplay... which won't matter much because the game will only have like 5 or 6 different normal enemies anyway and they'll all be generic knight looking shit just like Sonic and the Secret Rings had the same 2 enemies over and over again looped through the entire game with minor art changes.

Whatever happened to enemies for every stage with unique behaviors anyway? Same thing that happened to every stage getting its own boss I guess.

6. Sonic Warrior TJ

Sonic Warrior TJ

Have an ice time Member
    GA
    Sega has released new screens.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

7. Yuzu

Yuzu

They don't allow hotlinking I guess.

8. Sonic Warrior TJ

Sonic Warrior TJ

Have an ice time Member
    GA
  9. PC2

PC2

GenMobile > 3DS Member
    Various Artwork & Music, :smug:
    Well, the graphics look pretty nice. At least better than Unleashed WiiS2 version, from what I can see. That last shot almost reminds me of the promo mock-up thing for Sonic Next with the huge field:
    [​IMG]

10. Tweaker

Tweaker

Banned
    Still looks bland and uninspired if you ask me. I'm honestly not looking forward to this at all.

11. Vaiz

Vaiz

I'm still here for some reason! Member
    Internet.
    Unleashed has a werehog, this has Sword and Sorcery. What do we get when we blend the two?

[​IMG]

:)

Also this game proves Unleashed has not yet distilled a blind faith in most of us, I still think this game is gonna blow. But not because it's a Sonic game, for once. Just because it looks generic and shitty.

12. FinalBeyond

FinalBeyond

What's up with Sonic's hands in that last shot? They look... Flat and squared.

13. It doesn't look that bad, it just looks like sonic unleashed: Werehog platforming + Speed = Power + Speed = Sonic with a sword.

It's not too much different. The song is <3, it may not be the best game/idea, but I'm still going to track this, possibly even <S>buy</S> burn this game for my wii. It's sonic running people, who cares what he's holding.

14. muteKi

muteKi

Fuck it Member
    Well, while it does feel much like a Zelda rip-off in the locales (not hard to do considering the setting) I do think it looks quite nice.

15. Guess Who

Guess Who

It's a miracle! Oldbie
    Oregon
    lol
    Yeah, why should it matter?

16. Sonic Warrior TJ

Sonic Warrior TJ

Have an ice time Member
    GA
    Simply amazing. That's the best in game penis I ever saw.

Wait.

17. Aquaslash

Aquaslash

<The Has-been Legend> Moderator
    NSFW much moron?

Also, this still looks better than Unleashed Wii. I'll be watching this one.

18. Sonic Warrior TJ

Sonic Warrior TJ

Have an ice time Member
    GA
    Sadly enough, just making it so Sonic doesn't run on his own is probably enough to satisfy Wii Sonic fans.

19. Shade

Shade

Yeah we all know how hard that game is gonna be to top.

20. This is definitely a weird concept for the hedgehog.

My guess it's to try and make the Secret Rings engine better.

And of course Sonic has a sword...

I'll wait and see.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.