don't click here

Sonic Allstars

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by NiktheGreek, Oct 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NiktheGreek

NiktheGreek

Grumpy old bastard Oldbie
    Writing for the best video game magazine in the world
    UPDATE 20/01/2011

So as it turns out they liked this and are doing more. I present... SONIC QUAD AIR! Y'know, for when BIG AIR or DUBS AIR just aren't enough.

[​IMG]

So yeah, four player air hockey now. Go wild!

--------[Original post]--------

Sonic-themed air hockey and basketball games! Excitement abounds. Apparently, they're quite advanced versions of these staple arcade games. I wouldn't know. <a href="http://www.sega-amusements.co.uk/03/html/news/sonic_allstars.html" target="_blank">The press release is here</a>.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. SonikkuForever

SonikkuForever

Be cool, be wild, and be groovy! Member
    Gathering information on Sega World Sydney and collecting Sonic merchandise.
    (drools) I WILL get those for my house someday. I'd imagine 10 years down the road they may be easy to find refurbished for a reasonable price. I'd also like a Sega UFO Catacher, but that would probably be harder to find.

3. OSM

OSM

retro is for losers! Member
    Doing absolutely nothing
    Having that air hockey table would be pretty awesome, I may get that one day.

4. Enzo Aquarius

Enzo Aquarius

20% Cooler. Member
    Canada, eh.
    Sonic TV Scripts, Sonic Comic Wiki Work
    I've never seen an air hockey table with the center barrier, which I think is a good idea. Though I used to love passing the center line for that final shot into the goal. :v:

These would be neat to have in a house, and, with the price of air hockey tables, shouldn't be 'too' expensive. It's the shipping that would be the kicker.

5. Azookara

Azookara

yup Member
    Wonder if this has to do with the whole "Madcatz + Sega" deal, but since I haven't seen them do nearly anything besides video game periphrials, then probably not.

Nevertheless, awesome stuff. That air hockey thing is so mine. My only complaint is "How come the basketballs aren't designed to look like Sonic curled up in a ball?" :v:

6. Sploit

Sploit

Those look SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO AWESOME :v:

7. Billy

Billy

RIP Oderus Urungus Member
    Colorado, USA
    Indie games
    Heh, when I saw "Sonic Allstars" I thought of a Sonic game similar in premise to Super Mario Allstars. Oh well, this is pretty cool too. I hope some local arcades get a hold of these.

8. tonic41

tonic41

Sonic game code name? sonic classic
    wow.. thats a nice air hockey table..

9. <!--quoteo(post=356543:date=Oct 1 2009, 05:11 PM:name=Azukara)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Azukara @ Oct 1 2009, 05:11 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=356543">[​IMG]</a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Wonder if this has to do with the whole "Madcatz + Sega" deal, but since I haven't seen them do nearly anything besides video game periphrials, then probably not.

Nevertheless, awesome stuff. That air hockey thing is so mine. My only complaint is "How come the basketballs aren't designed to look like Sonic curled up in a ball?" :v:<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Agreed. Sonic, Tails and Knuckles curled into balls would be awesome designs for basketballs.

10. Chaos Knux

Chaos Knux

Stable avatar temporary. Randomizer site down. Misfit
    <!--quoteo(post=356543:date=Oct 1 2009, 08:11 PM:name=Azukara)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Azukara @ Oct 1 2009, 08:11 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=356543">[​IMG]</a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->My only complaint is "How come the basketballs aren't designed to look like Sonic curled up in a ball?" :v:<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    Get an artsie guy to paint it.

11. Azookara

Azookara

yup Member
    Heck, I'll do it if I have to. =P

12. phoenixwright7

phoenixwright7

Cry, and my whip will accommodate! Member
    It's to bad Arcades are seemingly dead down here :colbert:

13. Namagem

Namagem

USA
    <!--quoteo(post=356572:date=Oct 1 2009, 11:12 PM:name=phoenixwright7)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (phoenixwright7 @ Oct 1 2009, 11:12 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=356572">[​IMG]</a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->It's to bad Arcades are seemingly dead down here :colbert:<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    Same. The only arcade within several hundred miles of me that I know of is a little tiny arcade with 4 machines.

14. Ayla

Ayla

I shat on your desk ^^ Oldbie
    West Linn, OR
    Hacking Contest, StH Overlooked, Personal Indie game
    <!--quoteo(post=356550:date=Oct 1 2009, 07:26 PM:name=Billy)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Billy @ Oct 1 2009, 07:26 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=356550">[​IMG]</a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Heh, when I saw "Sonic Allstars" I thought of a Sonic game similar in premise to Super Mario Allstars. Oh well, this is pretty cool too. I hope some local arcades get a hold of these.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

^ This. Followed by.. "but there's already Sonic Compilation >.>"

I wouldn't mind me a sonic air hockey table, though. That shit would be hellah cool <3

15. phoenixwright7

phoenixwright7

Cry, and my whip will accommodate! Member
    <!--quoteo(post=356576:date=Oct 1 2009, 08:20 PM:name=Namagem)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Namagem @ Oct 1 2009, 08:20 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=356576">[​IMG]</a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=356572:date=Oct 1 2009, 11:12 PM:name=phoenixwright7)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (phoenixwright7 @ Oct 1 2009, 11:12 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=356572">[​IMG]</a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->It's to bad Arcades are seemingly dead down here :colbert:<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    Same. The only arcade within several hundred miles of me that I know of is a little tiny arcade with 4 machines.
    <!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

I couldn't even tell you where an arcade is around here... I think there might be one in Orlando, but that's about an hour or two away from here :argh:

16. Chimpo

Chimpo

Atomic Sonic Part II
    <!--quoteo(post=356590:date=Oct 1 2009, 09:34 PM:name=Ayla)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Ayla @ Oct 1 2009, 09:34 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=356590">[​IMG]</a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=356550:date=Oct 1 2009, 07:26 PM:name=Billy)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Billy @ Oct 1 2009, 07:26 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=356550">[​IMG]</a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Heh, when I saw "Sonic Allstars" I thought of a Sonic game similar in premise to Super Mario Allstars. Oh well, this is pretty cool too. I hope some local arcades get a hold of these.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

^ This. Followed by.. "but there's already Sonic Compilation >.>"
    <!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

But Super Mario Allstars were all remakes.

17. MykonosFan

MykonosFan

MODE CHANGE. Moderator
    It is my new mission in life to have these in my house someday.

18. NiktheGreek

NiktheGreek

Grumpy old bastard Oldbie
    Writing for the best video game magazine in the world
    I'm quite surprised by how positive the reaction has been, to be honest. These are kind of neat, though.

<!--quoteo(post=356543:date=Oct 2 2009, 01:11 AM:name=Azukara)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Azukara @ Oct 2 2009, 01:11 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=356543">[​IMG]</a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Wonder if this has to do with the whole "Madcatz + Sega" deal, but since I haven't seen them do nearly anything besides video game periphrials, then probably not.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    It doesn't have anything to do with that deal, as these are being made by Sega Amusements Europe.

19. Beebles

Beebles

Now with OFFICIAL terrible Knuckles artwork. Member
    Check my blog for details.
    These are neat.

As far as arcades go, though? The arcade across the way from where I work got bought out by a LAN party place. The only other real "arcade" in town is Mr. Gatti's, so I kind of doubt I'll be seeing these Sonic All-Stars machines anytime soon.

Speaking of Gatti's we had one of <a href="http://info.sonicretro.org/Sonic_the_Hedgehog_%28redemption_game%29" target="_blank">these</a> for a long time. That thing was too hard to win tickets from.

20. plushifoxed

plushifoxed

la gis sulva za celow Oldbie
    <!--quoteo(post=356880:date=Oct 2 2009, 05:19 PM:name=Beebles)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Beebles @ Oct 2 2009, 05:19 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=356880">[​IMG]</a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Speaking of Gatti's we had one of <a href="http://info.sonicretro.org/Sonic_the_Hedgehog_%28redemption_game%29" target="_blank">these</a> for a long time. That thing was too hard to win tickets from.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->Holy shit, they have one of these at the <a href="http://www.funfuziononline.com/funhouse/default.asp" target="_blank">New Roc City arcade</a>! It plays the Sonic 3 title screen music during attract, though... Maybe it's an updated version, considering the one shown was made in 1993?

... In any case, I can hope that one of these will show up at Dave and Buster's or New Roc Fun House eventually. Considering that they're basically stylized versions of classic games, though, it seems doubtful.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.