don't click here

Sonic & All-Stars Racing: Transformed

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Saidian, Feb 12, 2012.

Which version will you be getting?

1. Xbox 360

61 vote(s)
    27.0%
  2. PlayStation 3

43 vote(s)
    19.0%
  3. Wii U

52 vote(s)
    23.0%
  4. Nintendo 3DS

23 vote(s)
    10.2%
  5. PlayStation Vita

12 vote(s)
    5.3%
  6. PC

116 vote(s)
    51.3%
  7. iOS

4 vote(s)
    1.8%
  8. Android

4 vote(s)
    1.8%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Bartman3010

Bartman3010

Site Staff
    Surprise, its the entire cast of Persona 4 sans Rise, their PA.

2. Blivsey

Blivsey

Charismatic Sonicaholic Member
    izanagi or bust

I wouldn't mind seeing Miku in, but I'd rather see the other people on the Top 7. Just personal preference, though.

3. I know those are the names of characters that aren't in, but shit. I'd be down for playing as Greendog, the Beached Surfer Dude! I played that game a TON back in the day!

4. Mastered Realm

Mastered Realm

-
    Did the 3DS version receive any significant patches or it is still better to avoid it?

5. Dario FF

Dario FF

Tech Support Hotline Tech Member
    Just in case, I checked with the same file that I had a backup from the original game release. (dated January) The last update to the file was in August, and these new "entries" were definitely not there on the original release. They're just messing with us since they know we swap around stuff. That and the fact that some of the jokes in there are from after the game release should've been enough proof. :v:

Weird note, Princess Elise and Charmy Bee have more complete "entries" so to speak. They have some aditional strings ("Princess Elise", "Charmy Bee") and references to models, but nowhere near as complete as the other entries, which are just "codenames" in the _CharSelect part. (As The KKM pointed out on his screenshot)

6. GeneHF

GeneHF

SEGA-ier than you'll potentially ever be. Site Staff
    Scenic Studiopolis
    Complete Global Conquest
    Thank you S0L for remembering we're a horrible bunch of people that like to peek at our Christmas presents early. :v:

7. Willie

Willie

Each day the world turns Laugh 'til it all burns Member
    I wonder if S0L employees will look or have looked at this thread just to see reactions to their troll entries. They clearly did that to troll people like us.

8. Blue Blood

Blue Blood

Doubt it's going to happen. S0L once said about how much it costs for just a character, and then a level would be far more time consuming and costly. A real shame. The game is already smaller than ASR.

9. Bartman3010

Bartman3010

Site Staff
    Unless I'm mistaken, it seems Lycett's Twitter account is gone or is hiding now, which is unfortunate. We won't be getting any potential hits from him that way if he closed it...

10. Bartman3010

Bartman3010

Site Staff
    Also, I'm calling it right now, if SEGA is being super quiet, and if we really are getting 7 characters, that probably means Xbox One and Playstation 4 ports since those consoles come out this month.

11. Jason

Jason

*Results not lab tested. Member
    With exclusive reskinned Race of AGES to reflect MS and Sony's respective console histories :specialed: .

12. GeneHF

GeneHF

Scenic Studiopolis
    Complete Global Conquest
    Peter Moore replaces Segata on Xbox. Sony gets Yoshida riding around on a Vita.

13. Dario FF

Dario FF

Tech Support Hotline Tech Member
    S0L responds over at SSMB.
    Time to poke around some more.

14. Bartman3010

Bartman3010

Site Staff
    Well, bummer. I still stick with the idea that we'll be seeing Transformed on the new platforms.

15. GeneHF

GeneHF

Scenic Studiopolis
    Complete Global Conquest
    New character is S0L himself confirmed.

16. TimmiT

TimmiT

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Member
    The Vita version is one of the free PS+ games next month in Europe: http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2013/11/13/playstation-plus-in-december-resogun-guacamelee-grid-2-more/

Hopefully this means that people will actually play the online multiplayer. :v:

17. TimmiT

TimmiT

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Member
    If for some reason you don't own Racing Transformed yet, you can get it in the new Humble Bundle the Yogscast are doing. Even better, the bundle will go on for a whoppin' 81 days: http://www.humblebundle.com/yogscast

You can pay what you want as long as it's above a dollar, and you get a bunch of other neat games with it. You now no longer have a reason for not owning this game.

EDIT: Apparently the bundle went up pre-maturely and it isn't giving out keys right now, so don't buy it yet.

18. Mastered Realm

Mastered Realm

-
    In fact I only play the multiplayer after I'm done with the single player. As I never finished the game I never played online LOL.

Anyway I got the 3DS version on the e-shop. It's playable but has unresponsive controls and buggy. I even made a topic on the Sega forums so people can remember how bad it still is :(

19. TimmiT

TimmiT

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Member
    So the new DLC character was revealed and will be released on December 6t. I can say with certainty that none of you expected who it would be. If one of you did, why the fuck would you think that? Anyway, it's:

Thanks to Bartman for noticing this.

20. Billy

Billy

RIP Oderus Urungus Member
    Colorado, USA
    Indie games
    Who the hell is that?