don't click here

Sonic & All-Stars Racing: Transformed

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Saidian, Feb 12, 2012.

Which version will you be getting?

1. Xbox 360

61 vote(s)
    27.0%
  2. PlayStation 3

43 vote(s)
    19.0%
  3. Wii U

52 vote(s)
    23.0%
  4. Nintendo 3DS

23 vote(s)
    10.2%
  5. PlayStation Vita

12 vote(s)
    5.3%
  6. PC

116 vote(s)
    51.3%
  7. iOS

4 vote(s)
    1.8%
  8. Android

4 vote(s)
    1.8%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. GeneHF

GeneHF

SEGA-ier than you'll potentially ever be. Site Staff
    Scenic Studiopolis
    Complete Global Conquest
    I very much doubt Sega and Sumo are upset at each other, should this be the matter at hand (and it likely is. I can't see a random twit on a forum having that much influence ever.)

...still should restore content anyway and throw in that "Jacques" Beat Soviet Anthem :v:

2. ICEknight

ICEknight

Researcher Researcher
    So you can customize the characters, after all... for everybody!

3. Bartman3010

Bartman3010

Site Staff
    If I recall correctly, Sumo tries to basically have one version of the game for every territory. So communist symbols go for everybody or nobody. Or for a better example, you either get House of the Dead or just "Curien Mansion." So really, it takes one person from across the globe to place in those changes.

Which would explain why things like this below don't really see the light of day anymore, part of it being sensitive to the context of the time and being basically pro-American propaganda.

[​IMG]

If it really upsets the Russians that much, I can see why they'd want it being removed, especially surrounding the controversy of Company of Heroes 2. If you're American and are afraid that children's heads will explode from the sight of the Red Star symbol and want to shield them from something that will trigger their murder sensors, you child may as well be raised as a wimp, denying anything bad has ever happened and hold back their potential intelligence.

4. JaxTH

JaxTH

Pudding Deity Oldbie
    Los Angeles
    Jack shit.
  5. Skaarg

Skaarg

I have a spare key available. Send me a PM just saying you're entering and sometime tomorrow I will draw a name and send the key to the winner.

Edit - Winner was sent the key! If you didn't get a message from me here, IRC, etc you missed out this time, but maybe I'll do another draw tomorrow if I have some extra money.

6. SuperToby

SuperToby

I find it dissapointing that the PC version gets all of the extras and all that jazz. I have the PS3 version. Sure, it's enjoyable, but seeing how the PC version gets all these new characters kinda makes me sad. The PS3 or Xbox 360 versions don't get any new ones. I didn't have any games for my PS3 so that's why I got it for PS3, I think. I guess I made a bad choice :P

7. GeneHF

GeneHF

SEGA-ier than you'll potentially ever be. Site Staff
    Scenic Studiopolis
    Complete Global Conquest
    It also costs money to release frequent updates for DLC on consoles, whereas it doesn't on Steam. I got the PS3 version too, but eh.

8. Did anyone get a 4 pack and half an extra key for sale? The price would definitely be right and I'm about to get a new graphics card. Want to flex its muscle because the PC version looks beautiful.

9. Sploit

Sploit

Are these 4 packs of keys on sale, region free? or are they restricted to the US? 'Cause I already have the game, but I'd maybe buy a key pack if I can give the key codes to a few friends...

10. NioZero

NioZero

Concepción, Chile
    Tornado Sky Fighters
    I don't think there is restriction like that on steam... I changed other games outside my country before and I had no problem...

I bought a 4-pack when the game was on discount and now I have only 1 left to change or sell if anyone interested..

EDIT: My SteamID is the same a my user and it's in my signature...

11. Covarr

Covarr

Sentient Cash Register Member
    Trapped in my own thoughts.
    Two stageplays, a screenplay, and an album
    Typically, Steam has restrictions on a few regions (mostly Russia) because everything there is priced significantly lower in an effort to combat ridiculous piracy rates, but most regions can buy games for themselves and each other as much as they want.

12. TimmiT

TimmiT

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Member
    A new DLC listing has been added on Steam.

Note that for previous Steam DLC no entries were added as they came included with free game updates. This will likely be the first paid DLC since Metal Sonic/Outrun.

13. Jason

Jason

*Results not lab tested. Member
    Incoming Miku...

14. NioZero

NioZero

Concepción, Chile
    Tornado Sky Fighters
    I hope they add Segata Sanshiro or Bayonetta...

15. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    I know it's probably going to be but please no.

16. Jason

Jason

*Results not lab tested. Member
    What I want to know is why this DLC took so much longer to develop than the PC roster updates. I almost want to believe there is an associated stage for the DLC character like Metal Sonic. But like hoping for Segata, I won't hold my breath.

17. Billy

Billy

RIP Oderus Urungus Member
    Colorado, USA
    Indie games
    Wow, how much longer are they gonna support this game? I like it. Maybe they'll go the Valve TF2 route and we'll get new content for years. :v:

18. NoNameAtAll

NoNameAtAll

MY HAT'S ON FIRE. HALP! Moderator
    [​IMG]

My thoughts exactly. I get that people like her, but I want more classic Sega representation.

19. muteKi

muteKi

Fuck it Member
    ROADROLLER OR BUST

EDIT: or if you prefer: http://www.youtube.c...h?v=86wKWjvUD50

(EDIT2: personally holding out for a 'femme fatale' pack of Bayonetta, Selvaria, and Miku Megurine Luka)

20. Lilly

Lilly

United States
    Shang Mu Architect
    I guess you guys are tired of the demand for the virtual diva at this point? =P Her making it in would be pretty cool to me, but more retro Sega nods in the roster never hurts either. RISTAR PLZ