don't click here

Sonic & All-Stars Racing: Transformed

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Saidian, Feb 12, 2012.

Which version will you be getting?

1. Xbox 360

61 vote(s)
    27.0%
  2. PlayStation 3

43 vote(s)
    19.0%
  3. Wii U

52 vote(s)
    23.0%
  4. Nintendo 3DS

23 vote(s)
    10.2%
  5. PlayStation Vita

12 vote(s)
    5.3%
  6. PC

116 vote(s)
    51.3%
  7. iOS

4 vote(s)
    1.8%
  8. Android

4 vote(s)
    1.8%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. trakker

trakker

The guy that's been warned! Member
    Being and arty so and so, I think I'll give that a bash XD

2. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    I'm gonna give this a shot

3. SomeSortOfRobot

SomeSortOfRobot

Mid-Southern US
    http://legendoflucy.com
    Oh god.

YES.

YES GIVE ME MY HORNET.

I WANT TO FRYYYY SKY HIGH

4. Man, flying cars? Nobody will ever be able to make a racing game out of that. Especially not Sega. It would be nice to dream...

5. Joltanz Mantis

Joltanz Mantis

! Member
    Quebec, Canada
    I sing
    The only way to make it work is:

a) copy MK7

b) copy Diddy Kong Racing, which I've never played, but seen videos of.

c) copy Star Fox / Kid Icarus:Uprising, albeit with more freedom on the x-axis.

d) give us 2D tails-like flight (tap to ascend, limited taps, less than in S3&K) in 3D, which will most likely never happen.

e) I don't know. (feel free to add something I possibly forgot)

At least we know it's going to be as good as / better than SASASR-1. More DLC afterwards Sega? Please?

6. Sonic Warrior TJ

Sonic Warrior TJ

Have an ice time Member
    GA
    Geez, I hope so, especially after the pathetic (and pricey) amount we got for the first game, and the zilch we've gotten for Generations.

7. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    ^ Seeing as how we got some new content for the iOS version of the game just a few days ago, I actually have some faith that Generations might see some DLC for Sonic's birthday, especially seeing as how this game is supposed to be the big Sonic game of the year now apparently. After that though all bets are off.

8. Overlord

Overlord

Now playable in Smash Bros Ultimate Moderator
    Long-term happiness
    At least time they're soliciting rather than just including =P

9. TheInvisibleSun

TheInvisibleSun

OVER THE TOP TECHNO-BLAST Member
    Buffalo, NY, USA
    The Water
    LETS GOOOOOH TOUGETAHHHH!!!!!!!!!

Seriously though, Hornet's appearance in this game is long overdue.

10. Vangar

Vangar

Does this mean Segata Sanshiro has a chance again?!?

11. Bartman3010

Bartman3010

Site Staff
    If they can get the licensing issues out of the way with the actor, then sure. Same thing for Toe Jam and Earl, who have a better chance of appearing. Why do people forget about that part?

12. GeneHF

GeneHF

SEGA-ier than you'll potentially ever be. Site Staff
    Scenic Studiopolis
    Complete Global Conquest
    Because you're in a community that continually disregards the existence of intellectual property laws and policy. :specialed:

13. RetroKoH

RetroKoH

Project Sonic 8x16
    Random question:
    What's the deal with Hank Hill and Sonic All Stars Racing...?
    I remember seeing this mentioned in the previous game's thread... I don't get it.
    Did I miss an inside joke or something? It's gone way over my head...

BTW... they forgot SEGA in their title.
    Sonic & All Stars Racing sounds weird, partly because the prior game had a more complete title. But that's minor nitpicking.

14. Liraxus

Liraxus

Some shmuck Member
    Idiotville
    Nothing, really.
    My first thoughts were...

"Oh dangit they pulled a Mario Kart 7."

Of course, this game looks neat for a racing game as it actually looks neat, I might get it in the future...maybe...

15. Arique

Arique

SHUWATCH! Member
    Yeah, funny you should say that...
    Taken straight from Sumo Digital's Jem Lee:

16. Clutch

Clutch

It was a dark and stormy night... Member
    I still think the comparison is incredibly superficial anyway since Mario Kart 7's aproach to "Land/Air/Sea" was way oversold. Sea was pretty much the same as land because the cars just sank like rocks, and gliding for a few seconds at most is a far cry from sustained flight.

The Diddy Kong Racing comparison is a bit more apt since that game actually did have Planes and floating vehicles (albeit hovercrafts rather than boats), though they didn't change mid-race like in this game. Frankly I wouldn't care anyway since Diddy Kong Racing is a damned fine game that due to rights issues will almost certainly never see a direct sequel. Again, a big reason I'm adamant that Banjo come back despite not being a Sega character: it's part of his legacy.

There was a derisive comment about Banjo in the 360 version that sarcastically suggested Hank Hill could be the Wii exclusive to keep to the theme of 3rd Party characters as a bunch of irrelevant rednecks. Someone 'shopped up a fake Wii boxart with Hank on his lawnmower and a fake press-release (based on the one for Banjo) in response and the gag took off from there.

17. Nova

Nova

Racing as Eggman in a flying vehicle? Colour me excited.

I actually haven't really played ASR, besides Summer of Sonic 2009 and a few times at various arcades in London. I haven't heard a lot of negativity about it in general, so I may have to pick this up.

18. Blue Blood

Blue Blood

The game has balancing issues (it's funny because it once again means Shadow is overpowered), no original music outside of the menu and credits tracks and lacks track variety. But it's easily the best non-Mario Kart game of it's genre. And it's a damn sight better than Mario Kart Wii or Double Dash too. It's only a clone at a glance, because once you start playing properly they couldn't feel more different. It was worth the full retail price at launch, so it's definitely worth grabbing cheap now.

19. Beedlee

Beedlee

http://blogs.sega.com/2012/05/07/a-closer-look-at-dragon-canyon-in-sonic-all-stars-racing-transformed/ New concept art here.