Sonic After the Sequel DX

Discussion in 'Fangaming Discussion' started by LakeFeperd, Aug 26, 2017.

1. SnowyOak

SnowyOak

Dang, this is amazing, I'm just starting my playthrough now, and it sounds a lot better than the original.

2. HEDGESMFG

HEDGESMFG

Oldbie
    So I'm necrobumping this, but I'd like to note that with Adobe flash now being disabled, neither BTS or ATS will play their respective cutscenes anymore. I'm not even sure if this can still be fixed or is even now possible, but a patch for these games would be nice so that aspect of them don't get lost to time, as they've been influential in the retro fangaming scene for quite some time now.

Otherwise, go about your business.

Last edited: Feb 19, 2021
    • Informative Informative x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  3. Beamer the Meep

Beamer the Meep

Better than Sonic Genesis... Member
    I believe that Lake released the source for the 4 games a while back. If someone were to ask for his permission to recompile the games with the necessary changes, someone with the proper program could reimplement the cutscenes and maybe widescreen support. Just so long as no one messes with difficulty like that brief port of ATS called Omega.

4. Sally Rose

Sally Rose

hopefully he or someone fixes these games. would be a shame to loose them.

5. Beamer the Meep

Beamer the Meep

Better than Sonic Genesis... Member
    Real talk here, what would it take for these games to be updated and preserved? I don't really have access to Multimedia Fusion 2, but I imagine that running the source through that program is a requirement. We would also need Lake's permission and I doubt he'd have the time to update the trilogy (plus BTS aftermath if you want to throw that in there) since he's busy with Spark 3's development. I would give it a go, but I don't have the knowledge or the time at the moment :(

6. HEDGESMFG

HEDGESMFG

Oldbie
    Just to be clear, the games are still fully playable from a gameplay perspective. It's only the flash cutscenes that stopped functioning.

But I agree that they should be preserved, perhaps even updated with a new engine in some ways. They're solid efforts and got critical media attention for years before Mania came along. It'd be nice to ensure their future survival.