Sonic Adventure

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Dr. Mecha, Jan 9, 2013.

1. Dr. Mecha

Dr. Mecha

Dallas, TX
    3d Models
    I was browsing through /co/'s Archie Comic Marathon when I came across this gem. It's strangely similar to Sonic Adventures for the Dreamcast as far as ancient echidna civilization goes (except for a slime moster wreck the shit out of it); but, Wikia have a bad habit of misinformation from 13 year olds, so could you guy confirm is ANY of this were legit.

2. JaxTH

JaxTH

Pudding Deity Oldbie
    Los Angeles
    Jack shit.
    What are you asking exactly?

It's a French Sonic comic that had two volumes. I don't recall if I had downloaded them at one point or not though.

3. Dr. Mecha

Dr. Mecha

Dallas, TX
    3d Models
    Well, one it was an interesting find, and it seems that it is legit. It's just that it's strange that the concept of an echidna tribe based off of the Mayans/Aztecs was there 4 years before the Sonic Adventure for the Dreamcast, COMPLETE with the Echidna Princess.

4. Mike Arcade

Mike Arcade

Free Scriber of Mobius Member
    Princesse Alucion? Well...let the new fan art BEGIN!

This is really interesting, how did we not know of this until now?

5. Twinbee MkII

Twinbee MkII

Uber Snuzzlemuffins Member
    Ah this. I've known about this for several years. Still a cool little oddity in the Sonic multiverse.

6. SonKnuck

SonKnuck

The Lazy Guy Oldbie
    Quebec
    DBZ Re-enactment and LPs on Youtube
    Ah yes. I personally knew of the first volume "Dans les griffes de Robotnik" as I am actually the one who mainly did the translating for it a long time ago on that external website.

Had no idea there was a second one though.

7. Adamis

Adamis

Gimme waffles! Oldbie
    Belgium
    Lammy and "Fafnir"
    I own both comics and I scanned a few pages + did a summary on various Sonic message boards back in 2002-2003.
    Sonic Adventures was published in 1994, long before the release of Sonic Adventure.

The second book is not a real sequel to the first one. It's a Sonic & Knuckles guide with a few comic pages thrown in, explaining a few bits about the game or just gags with Sonic and Knuckles.
    I don't really know why they created Princess Aluçion though. I think they planned to do more comics (the first one ends on a cliffhanger after all) and they certainly wanted to create their own Sonic universe.
    Mister B., the one who drew these comics, is still active in the french comic book industry. I've thought about contacting him about these comics...

8. Mike Arcade

Mike Arcade

Free Scriber of Mobius Member
    You might as well if he has the time, I'd be really curious on why this Princess was created or what was the background on how this comic was formed, besides the more information about Sonic the better!