Sonic Adventure PAL with sample disc?

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Truner, Oct 25, 2012.

1. Truner

Truner

UK... a friend of mine came back from there just a week ago... FFFUUU moment. :D

I'll look up the postage prices. Either way. That and also ask around if anyone is planning to go there sometime this year. While sending it would be faster, if it can be resolved for free, it's best if we do that. Safer as well, I assume.

2. Sappharad

Sappharad

Oldbie
    I don't think it's necessary for him to dump the entire disc just for you to find out it's identical to the final.

He's already said that the timestamps in the low density area are identical to the final. I don't have anything in front of me right now to confirm, but can't you just have him verify the disc serial number with someone, and be done with it? It sounds like an awful lot of effort to go through for nothing.

3. Truner

Truner

That's what I thought myself as well, but there's a demand for it. I'm not going to be the kind of person who refuses to share something like many others do. I'm still waiting for that Japanese Strider beta and the guy who has it probably won't upload a dump ever. Sure, the two are entirely different, but people seemingly want the content of this disc. If it's possible to organize something, why refuse doing it?

EDIT: numbers I found on the disc
    - On front, under Dreamcast logo: 950-0009-50
    - On back, outside circle: MK-51000-0017S EMI CD HOLLAND & 3 | 3-2-9-NL
    - On back, inner circle: IFPI L046

4. Orengefox

Orengefox

Snooping as usual... Researcher
    Right in front of my computer.
    Some artwork, a ZZT game, and a hack.
    Back in May, I PM'd Truner asking him out of curiosity if he had any luck getting the disc in the end. It had been awhile since he last updated the topic. He replied back saying he hadn't at the time. Then a week ago, he got back in touch with me and was very keen to let me know that he managed to get the disc along with updating the topic.

I figured I might as well ask him if he can do Retro a favor and have it dumped and scanned. He gave his thoughts on the idea and I left it at that. But as he pointed out, there was a few other people who liked the idea of it being dumped and scanned. So he provided a solution. I decided to volunteer as the likely candidate for this solution.

5. Truner

Truner

A quick look at the "Magyar Posta Zrt." website (Hungarian post office service and whatnot) indicated that sending this disc would be around... $40-50. This without tracking. Though this specific service is a bit better than the standard postage, so I guess tracking wouldn't be needed. I have everything needed to make a good package, so that comes without cost obviously.

This is the first time I looked up postage prices and... hot frigging damn, what is wrong with this country? Time to see who goes to the UK anytime soon.

6. Orengefox

Orengefox

In some strange, miraculous and unexpected turn of events, I somehow managed to acquire a copy of this Sonic Adventure PAL White Label disc as well from off someone online. Earlier in the year, I had asked around in different parts of the net to see if anyone would sell me a copy and lo' and behold, a copy was sold to me today.

So I should be alright from here to sort out all the information from off that disc Truner. It's saved you the trip and hassle of sending your copy off to the UK that's for certain. I'll wait and make sure I receive this disc before we decide to go down this route. Regardless, I can't thank you enough for helping out =)

7. Truner

Truner

Unexpected turn of events! What could possibly await?

Good job on getting a copy! Well, it will definitely save some trouble. How much did you have to shell out?

8. Orengefox

Orengefox

£25 new on it's own. Yeah, much more than what you paid for (you got both the retail copy and the white label copy for the price of one), but that's the nature of the beast when you're telling people you're looking to buy one off someone =P

To be fair, if I had gone through with paying the cost of you shipping it to me and shipping it back to you, it wouldn't been that much of a difference. On the plus side, we both have a copy of it now.

9. Truner

Truner

Do these disc come on some sort of package? Obviously mine was inside the original game's package, but I wonder if White Label discs have anything besides the disc.

10. Overlord

Overlord

Aros gartref, diogelu'r GIG, achub bywydau Moderator
    Berkshire, England
    Learning Cymraeg
    They don't, they're intended for reviewers. You'd maybe get a bog standard jewel case like on a pack of CD-Rs, but nothing more. I've never had one on any of my white labels.