Sonic Adventure getting another remake?

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by OSM, Aug 31, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. libertyernie

libertyernie

502 Bad Gateway Member
    Off-topic, but wasn't Chibi-Robo scheduled to be one of the NPC titles? I don't see that benefiting all that much from the Wii Remote.

2. Overlord

Overlord

Now playable in Smash Bros Ultimate Moderator
    Berkshire, England
    Learning Cymraeg
    <!--quoteo(post=347139:date=Sep 5 2009, 09:11 AM:name=Kurosan)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Kurosan @ Sep 5 2009, 09:11 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=347139">[​IMG]</a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=347138:date=Sep 5 2009, 01:02 AM:name=Moonshadow Caz)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Moonshadow Caz @ Sep 5 2009, 01:02 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=347138">[​IMG]</a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->NPC! could probably work for SADX, but there would be one problem: camera control. There are no real shoulder buttons other than the ones on the Nunchuk, and there's obviously no C-Stick. Now they could use the C and Z buttons on the Nunchuk, but I think it would be frustrating and hard to get used to after playing it the same general way for the past 10 years.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    Simply porting a GC game to the Wii does not constitute a NPC! title. It has to actually benefit from the newer technology.
    <!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    Most of the REGULAR Wii games don't benefit from the new technology, never mind the NPC! titles. Hell, I view them as GameCube reprints that happen to include an alternate control option.

3. Kurosan

Kurosan

Samurai of Gaming Oldbie
    <!--quoteo(post=347317:date=Sep 5 2009, 03:15 PM:name=Overlord)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Overlord @ Sep 5 2009, 03:15 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=347317">[​IMG]</a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=347139:date=Sep 5 2009, 09:11 AM:name=Kurosan)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Kurosan @ Sep 5 2009, 09:11 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=347139">[​IMG]</a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=347138:date=Sep 5 2009, 01:02 AM:name=Moonshadow Caz)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Moonshadow Caz @ Sep 5 2009, 01:02 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=347138">[​IMG]</a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->NPC! could probably work for SADX, but there would be one problem: camera control. There are no real shoulder buttons other than the ones on the Nunchuk, and there's obviously no C-Stick. Now they could use the C and Z buttons on the Nunchuk, but I think it would be frustrating and hard to get used to after playing it the same general way for the past 10 years.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    Simply porting a GC game to the Wii does not constitute a NPC! title. It has to actually benefit from the newer technology.
    Most of the REGULAR Wii games don't benefit from the new technology, never mind the NPC! titles. Hell, I view them as GameCube reprints that happen to include an alternate control option.
    Correction: Some of the regular Wii games don't use the new technology effectively, while the NPC! titles ironically use it really well. They're also upgraded in some ways other than controls, even if it's only small adjustments like widescreen support and some upgraded textures and whatnot. So yeah, view them that way if you want, but it's incorrect.

As for Chibi-Robo, here's what Wikipedia has to say about it:
    <!--quoteo--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Chibi-Robo was announced to be a part of the New Play Control!, a selection of Nintendo GameCube video game remakes for the Wii. It was released in Japan on June 11, 2009. The remake features special Wii Remote controls for the game's Chibi-Tools. Aiming the remote allows the player to change perspective, while pointing it at objects that Chibi-Robo can interact with will be identified with a sound.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    To be honest, I've never played that game, so I don't know how big of a difference that makes.

4. Skyler

Skyler

Neonネオン Cowgirlカウガール Site Staff
    Hellafornia
    The next audtion
    <!--quoteo(post=347139:date=Sep 5 2009, 01:11 AM:name=Kurosan)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Kurosan @ Sep 5 2009, 01:11 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=347139">[​IMG]</a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=347138:date=Sep 5 2009, 01:02 AM:name=Moonshadow Caz)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Moonshadow Caz @ Sep 5 2009, 01:02 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=347138">[​IMG]</a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->NPC! could probably work for SADX, but there would be one problem: camera control. There are no real shoulder buttons other than the ones on the Nunchuk, and there's obviously no C-Stick. Now they could use the C and Z buttons on the Nunchuk, but I think it would be frustrating and hard to get used to after playing it the same general way for the past 10 years.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    Of course, but this is simply assuming they do consider it for a NPC! release, which I doubt will happen.

<!--quoteo(post=347168:date=Sep 5 2009, 05:51 AM:name=Chris Highwind)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Chris Highwind @ Sep 5 2009, 05:51 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=347168">[​IMG]</a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->All I'll say is if they do put this on PSN, they'd better have it so PSP owners can get it too. The Sonic Rivals games just aren't doing it for me in terms of Sonic games on PSP <_<<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    Hack your PSP and throw on some classic titles. Best thing I ever did with mine. :thumbsup:

5. Chris Highwind

Chris Highwind

Statesville, NC
    Slacking
    <!--quoteo(post=347487:date=Sep 6 2009, 04:17 AM:name=Moonshadow Caz)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Moonshadow Caz @ Sep 6 2009, 04:17 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=347487">[​IMG]</a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=347168:date=Sep 5 2009, 05:51 AM:name=Chris Highwind)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Chris Highwind @ Sep 5 2009, 05:51 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=347168">[​IMG]</a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->All I'll say is if they do put this on PSN, they'd better have it so PSP owners can get it too. The Sonic Rivals games just aren't doing it for me in terms of Sonic games on PSP <_<<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    Hack your PSP and throw on some classic titles. Best thing I ever did with mine. :thumbsup:

Already done ;) My Picodrive ROMs folder has more Sonic games and hacks than anything else in it :v:

6. Vendettagainst

Vendettagainst

Apparently shooting kills things Member
    <!--quoteo(post=347537:date=Sep 6 2009, 09:23 AM:name=Chris Highwind)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Chris Highwind @ Sep 6 2009, 09:23 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=347537">[​IMG]</a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=347487:date=Sep 6 2009, 04:17 AM:name=Moonshadow Caz)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Moonshadow Caz @ Sep 6 2009, 04:17 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=347487">[​IMG]</a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=347168:date=Sep 5 2009, 05:51 AM:name=Chris Highwind)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Chris Highwind @ Sep 5 2009, 05:51 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=347168">[​IMG]</a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->All I'll say is if they do put this on PSN, they'd better have it so PSP owners can get it too. The Sonic Rivals games just aren't doing it for me in terms of Sonic games on PSP <_<<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Already done ;) My Picodrive ROMs folder has more Sonic games and hacks than anything else in it :v:
    Although most of the Sonic Hacks I try on Picodrive seem to fuck up pretty easily with graphic errors O.o

I hope that, if they do another remake of Sonic Adventure, they set out to do what they tried with the Gamecube version but couldn't achieve. I also hope that they expand it into some online Chao multiplayer goodness.

7. Yash

Yash

CHOCOLATE! Member
    <!--quoteo(post=347138:date=Sep 5 2009, 03:02 AM:name=Moonshadow Caz)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Moonshadow Caz @ Sep 5 2009, 03:02 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=347138">[​IMG]</a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->NPC! could probably work for SADX, but there would be one problem: camera control. There are no real shoulder buttons other than the ones on the Nunchuk, and there's obviously no C-Stick. Now they could use the C and Z buttons on the Nunchuk, but I think it would be frustrating and hard to get used to after playing it the same general way for the past 10 years.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    Well, Mario Galaxy doesn't have camera control and it works great, but Sonic Team is no Nintendo EAD.

I suppose they could have it so that if you press C, it'll center the camera for you behind Sonic. To be honest, the camera in Sonic Adventure is fucking shit anyway.

The easiest solution would probably be classic controller support, which is... whatever.

8. Kurosan

Kurosan

Samurai of Gaming Oldbie
    <!--quoteo(post=348151:date=Sep 7 2009, 05:16 PM:name=Yash)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Yash @ Sep 7 2009, 05:16 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=348151">[​IMG]</a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=347138:date=Sep 5 2009, 03:02 AM:name=Moonshadow Caz)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Moonshadow Caz @ Sep 5 2009, 03:02 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=347138">[​IMG]</a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->NPC! could probably work for SADX, but there would be one problem: camera control. There are no real shoulder buttons other than the ones on the Nunchuk, and there's obviously no C-Stick. Now they could use the C and Z buttons on the Nunchuk, but I think it would be frustrating and hard to get used to after playing it the same general way for the past 10 years.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    Well, Mario Galaxy doesn't have camera control and it works great, but Sonic Team is no Nintendo EAD.

I suppose they could have it so that if you press C, it'll center the camera for you behind Sonic. To be honest, the camera in Sonic Adventure is fucking shit anyway.

The easiest solution would probably be classic controller support, which is... whatever.
    You guys are both forgetting something: Even though the main movement control method when using the Nunchuk is practically always the analog stick, the Wii Remote's d-pad is still accessible and usable. In fact, speaking of Mario Galaxy, it does have camera control, using the d-pad; granted, the camera control kinda sucks, just as it has in Mario 64 and Sunshine, but the game's normal camera is so good (at least compared to any 3D Sonic game's) that actually controlling it is rarely needed.

9. Skyler

Skyler

Neonネオン Cowgirlカウガール Site Staff
    Hellafornia
    The next audtion
    <!--quoteo(post=348230:date=Sep 7 2009, 10:42 PM:name=Kurosan)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Kurosan @ Sep 7 2009, 10:42 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=348230">[​IMG]</a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=348151:date=Sep 7 2009, 05:16 PM:name=Yash)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Yash @ Sep 7 2009, 05:16 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=348151">[​IMG]</a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=347138:date=Sep 5 2009, 03:02 AM:name=Moonshadow Caz)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Moonshadow Caz @ Sep 5 2009, 03:02 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=347138">[​IMG]</a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->NPC! could probably work for SADX, but there would be one problem: camera control. There are no real shoulder buttons other than the ones on the Nunchuk, and there's obviously no C-Stick. Now they could use the C and Z buttons on the Nunchuk, but I think it would be frustrating and hard to get used to after playing it the same general way for the past 10 years.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

You guys are both forgetting something: Even thought the main movement control method when using the Nunchuk is practically always the analog stick, the Wii Remote's d-pad is still accessible and usable. In fact, speaking of Mario Galaxy, it does have camera control, using the d-pad; granted, the camera control kinda sucks, just as it has in Mario 64 and Sunshine, but the game's normal camera is so good (at least compared to any 3D Sonic game's) that actually controlling it is rarely needed.
    I had thought about the D-Pad on the Wiimote, but I've always found it to be inconvenient since to use it, I have to take my thumb off the A button. Now I could keep the knuckle of my thumb on the A button, but that would then risk my pushing down on the D-Pad, so it wouldn't work as well as one would hope.

10. Kurosan

Kurosan

Samurai of Gaming Oldbie
    <!--quoteo(post=348236:date=Sep 7 2009, 11:39 PM:name=Moonshadow Caz)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Moonshadow Caz @ Sep 7 2009, 11:39 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=348236">[​IMG]</a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=348230:date=Sep 7 2009, 10:42 PM:name=Kurosan)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Kurosan @ Sep 7 2009, 10:42 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=348230">[​IMG]</a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=348151:date=Sep 7 2009, 05:16 PM:name=Yash)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Yash @ Sep 7 2009, 05:16 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=348151">[​IMG]</a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=347138:date=Sep 5 2009, 03:02 AM:name=Moonshadow Caz)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Moonshadow Caz @ Sep 5 2009, 03:02 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=347138">[​IMG]</a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->NPC! could probably work for SADX, but there would be one problem: camera control. There are no real shoulder buttons other than the ones on the Nunchuk, and there's obviously no C-Stick. Now they could use the C and Z buttons on the Nunchuk, but I think it would be frustrating and hard to get used to after playing it the same general way for the past 10 years.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

You guys are both forgetting something: Even thought the main movement control method when using the Nunchuk is practically always the analog stick, the Wii Remote's d-pad is still accessible and usable. In fact, speaking of Mario Galaxy, it does have camera control, using the d-pad; granted, the camera control kinda sucks, just as it has in Mario 64 and Sunshine, but the game's normal camera is so good (at least compared to any 3D Sonic game's) that actually controlling it is rarely needed.
    I had thought about the D-Pad on the Wiimote, but I've always found it to be inconvenient since to use it, I have to take my thumb off the A button. Now I could keep the knuckle of my thumb on the A button, but that would then risk my pushing down on the D-Pad, so it wouldn't work as well as one would hope.
    I agree, but it's better than nothing. In all fairness though, it's no different than having to move your right thumb to an analog stick, and while using shoulder buttons or triggers doesn't have that problem, they only allow you to turn the camera left and right. Controlling the camera is action games usually works better while standing still anyway.

11. MykonosFan

MykonosFan

MODE CHANGE. Moderator
    <!--quoteo(post=346728:date=Sep 3 2009, 04:51 PM:name=muteKi)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (muteKi @ Sep 3 2009, 04:51 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=346728">[​IMG]</a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->A lot of people say SA is nearly unplayable, and the ports were even glitchier.

Clearly I got a magic copy of SADX.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

This.

Good God, everywhere I go where people are talking about SA1/SADX, they talk about the glitches. I think the only unintentional glitch I EVER got after YEARS of playing these games, is I somehow fell through the ground in Station Square as Sonic once. :psyduck:

As for the re-rerelease...I know it won't have much more aside from Achievements, MAYBE leaderboards...and I already own the DC/PC/GC versions...but I know I"d spend the money on an XBLA Port.

12. Melody the Sylveon

Melody the Sylveon

(aka Hinchy) Oldbie
    healing
    [​IMG]

13. Digifiend

Digifiend

<!--quoteo(post=346729:date=Sep 3 2009, 09:53 PM:name=Kurosan)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Kurosan @ Sep 3 2009, 09:53 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=346729">[​IMG]</a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec--><!--quoteo--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Why is SEGA wasting their time on SADX when they can remake SA2? They've already remade SA, now they should start on Sonic Adventure 2 Battle Xtreme.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->Also, drop the Xtreme thing; we're not in the 90's anymore and calling stuff extreme (especially without the first E) kinda makes it a joke.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd--> :ohdear: Tell that to The Dandy comic, renamed Dandy Xtreme in 2007.

<a href="http://www.dandy.com" target="_blank">http://www.dandy.com</a>
    <a href="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Dandy" target="_blank">http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Dandy</a>
    <a href="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dandy_Xtreme" target="_blank">http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dandy_Xtreme</a>

On topic, I don't see the point of a remake of either Sonic Adventure game, as has already been pointed out, the existing Gamecube versions work on the Wii anyway. Clever SADXDX logo there. :)

14. Bertin

Bertin

I would enjoy a XBLA or PSN version of Sonic Adventure. Just this time if you put it on XBLA put some CHALLENGING achievements on it. Not like you did with the 2D sonics with the "Collect 100 rings" or the "Get to Labyrinth Zone". I want at least SOME challenge to my sonic achievements. and not achievements I can get in literally minutes.... Other than that I completely approve.

15. I'd be pretty excited if it was actually a remake and not just a port. Sonic Adventure was a good game, for the most part.

16. XCubed

XCubed

Will Someday Own a Rent-A-Center Oldbie
    <!--quoteo(post=345634:date=Aug 30 2009, 10:41 PM:name=RGamer2009)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (RGamer2009 @ Aug 30 2009, 10:41 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=345634">[​IMG]</a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Guys..you realize what this means?

Its a REMAKE of a REMAKE.

SEGA is willing to have another SONIC game, but not just ANY Sonic game, a REMAKE of a previous Sonic game, remade!

To me, this is just low.

HOWEVER, if it brings something new to the table, possibly betters the graphics, and maybe allows Chao data to be done ONLINE, then I will care.

But please think about it.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

LoL, you act like they've never done this before. I think they have re-released Sonic 1 about as many times as possible, so it's time to move on to re-releasing something else a million times. But after all this, WHERE THE #$*% IS KNUCKLES CHAOTIX?!

17. synchronizer

synchronizer

Exactly. I would love it if Knuckles Chaotix got a re-release.

18. GameTap.

19. synchronizer

synchronizer

I was talking about a console re-release. It should be in a compilation.

20. Jaseman

Jaseman

The programmer has a nap! Hold out! Programmer! Member
    Can you say "Sonic Mega Collection 3"? Actualy maybe Sonic's youtube page was fake...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.