don't click here

Sonic Adventure getting another remake?

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by OSM, Aug 31, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RevFirst

RevFirst

Since it's already rated, I'm guessing it won't be anything big (probably obvious). Just an XBLA/PSN release or.... *gulp* an NPC remake.

2. Aquaslash

Aquaslash

<The Has-been Legend> Moderator
    What's NPC?

3. RevFirst

RevFirst

Just New Play Control. (<a href="http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_yHngRQHNecA/Sg3To4uGvGI/AAAAAAAABL4/zQVrukQ7fH8/s400/DKJB+Boxart" target="_blank">example</a>)

4. muteKi

muteKi

Fuck it Member
    New Play Control for PSN and XBLA? And how the fuck is that even going to work for SADX?

Oh, also

Fixed for you. I'd entirely believe that, though.

5. PARASOL

PARASOL

I'm pretty sure he means the Wii specifically.

6. RevFirst

RevFirst

What? No! PARASOL had it right.
    You tell me. It's mostly a joke but we didn't expect SA1 to get rated lately either. Hell, it could happen just to fool the kids I guess.

7. Yash

Yash

CHOCOLATE! Member
    Waggle to homing attack probably.

8. Kurosan

Kurosan

Samurai of Gaming Oldbie
    NPC is awesome with the appropriate games (y'know, all the games in the NPC series), but that's all that works and it's all it's meant to be used with: appropriate games. Metroid Prime 1 and 2 with Wii Remote and Nunchuk controls? Badass. Sonic Adventure with... well, anything other than a standard controller? No. It would be pointless. Besides, NPC games are all made by Nintendo.

Ugh, I hated that in Secret Rings. Way too unreliable.

9. Sonic Warrior TJ

Sonic Warrior TJ

Have an ice time Member
    GA
    Sonic Adventure DX: Director's Cut, New Play Control Edition, eh?

Waggle probably would be used to Homing Attack...

I wonder if you could improve Big's fishing, or Gamma's gunplay (not that it's all too bad to begin with), with the Wii Remote? Maybe give Gamma an aiming reticule, that could kinda work like the pointer in Mario Galaxy...hmmm...

Obviously not likely, but cool to contemplate.

10. RevFirst

RevFirst

Yash got the idea, and they could just pull off a ghetto "RE4: Wii Edition".

Enough about that now. Just want to say that I'd prefer a compilation at this point.

11. Chibisteven

Chibisteven

US
    If you're playing in Mono mode then you pretty much can't hear the sound effects and voice acting that well.

Solution: Get a TV with Stereo sound or go to your local radioshack and get a Y-cable and downmix that way.

12. Herm the Germ

Herm the Germ

Hmm, not bad. Well done, doctor! Member
    Dresden, Saxony, Germany
    MIDI-to-SMPS-conversions, mostly. Takin' requests, too.
    Well, NPC could work out now that Nintendo's publishing games. ... in Korea, anyhow.
    ... not that it'd be a pretty thing.

13. Cap

Cap

It'd be nice, but this is Sega. Sega think that by re-releasling sonic 1 for every platform under the sun, they are keeping the classic sonic fans happy. I'd be surprised if anything comes off this.

Even so, unless there was extra content or something like that. I certainly wouldn't buy it. I'm happy enough playing adventure in PC form.

14. muteKi

muteKi

Fuck it Member
    Do they? I always assumed that they did that to introduce the game to people who might not have been around in, say, 1991 and had heard of the game but probably never played it, like someone who may be 8 years old or so now, since the carts generally aren't still being manufactured.

Boy was I wrong.

15. Sik

Sik

Sik is pronounced as "seek", not as "sick". Tech Member
    being an asshole =P
    They only do it because it still gives them money :P

16. Yash

Yash

CHOCOLATE! Member
    Heh, interesting. They publish the Ace Attorney games in Germany, too.

17. Loggo

Loggo

Rafina
    I can't see how the game is going to be remade.
    I mean, if I get anything from the article, is that there's just a slight possibility for the game to be ported to XBLA or PSN.

Personally, I'd love to see Sonic Adventure having a second chance. DX doesn't really count, as not only it didn't fix any problems the original had but, 5 years later, managed to be even worse. A remake with the Hedgehog Engine would, indeed, be great.
    The first thing that must be done though in case of a remake, is to fix all the technical problems the original had (almost impossible if you ask me, considering the fact that there's not a single 3D Sonic game without them).

- Fix all the bugs and glitches
    - Improve the camera

And most important

USE A PROPER PHYSICS ENGINE

Physics is half the game in a Sonic title.

18. roxahris

roxahris

Everyone's a hypocrite. Take my word for it. Member
    Doing anything at all
    Jungle Beat is an awesome New Play Control game. Saying otherwise is saying that you've never played it :P

Hell, all the New Play Control games I've played so far have been great. Pikmin, for example, works really well with a pointer instead of a stick.

However, I doubt SEGA would do a good job with it - especially if it was added as, say, an afterthought.

19. Puto

Puto

Shin'ichi Kudō, detective. Tech Member
    Portugal, Oeiras
    Part of Team Megamix, but haven't done any actual work in ages.
    You can avoid the bad voice acting by switching the voice setting to Japanese =P

20. Blue Blood

Blue Blood

Which is arguably more irritating because (generally speaking) you haven't clue what you're hearing, and the point of speech is to listen instead of read.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.