don't click here

Sonic Adventure 2 XBLA

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Narstyle, Apr 4, 2012.

1. GeneHF

GeneHF

SEGA-ier than you'll potentially ever be. Site Staff
    Scenic Studiopolis
    Complete Global Conquest
    Very likely will remove the whole accessing that test level thing.

2. Rosie

Rosie

aka Rosie Member
    But that's the best part of this port!

3. Lanzer

Lanzer

The saber calls for its master... Member
    Glendale, AZ
    Living life.
    Yeah so its been awhile so I'm just going to bring this up again for the sake of asking. is there any news on the PC port yet?

At this point it looks like we will be waiting just as long as with Sonic CD 2011.

4. MykonosFan

MykonosFan

MODE CHANGE. Moderator
    Nope, and you are probably right. At least Jet Set Radio got out on a good time.

5. ezodagrom

ezodagrom

There's nothing on the Steam Registry as well, most likely both SA2 and NiGHTS are hidden as "ValveTestApp" entries.

There's the entry "ValveTestApp213610", that entry is inside the "SEGA Complimentary" subscription, it was created in late May and it was last updated in late September, there's a possibility that this entry could be either for SA2 or NiGHTS (or it could be for some other SEGA game).

Other no named entries in the "SEGA Complimentary" subscription:
    ValveTestApp4720 - Created in early August, updated in mid October.
    ValveTestApp4740 - Created in mid December 2011, appears to be around 1950MB, hasn't been updated since it was created. It also belongs to the subscription ValveTestApp4740 Beta, which has the description "MGBeta".
    ValveTestApp214950 - This one is also inside the "Creative Assembly Developer Comp" subscription, it was created in late June, hasn't been updated since.
    ValveTestApp219950 - Created in early September, hasn't been updated since.
    ValveTestApp221810 - Created in late September, hasn't been updated since.

6. TimmiT

TimmiT

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Member
    The Creative Assembly is the developer behind the Total War games, so that definitely isn't SA2 or NiGHTS. It's much more likely that it's a Total War game or the recently released Viking PC port.

7. ezodagrom

ezodagrom

At first I wasn't going to post that one, but in the end I posted all of the no name (ValveTestApp) entries in the SEGA Complimentary subscripton. The entry 4740 is also not SA2 or NiGHTS. ^^;
    BTW, the 214950 entry isn't Viking, Viking is under another ID, but most likely it's a Total War game, yeah.

8. Sey

Sey

Finally got the 180 emblems. Nice to do it for a second time 10 and a half years after the first time, had a real blast and barely ever got frustrated. I forgot how good the Sa2 Green Hill is; I actually enjoy it more than the Generations one I think.

9. Ajavalo

Ajavalo

Cáceres, Spain
    enjoy everything

Darkspinessonic completely broke the concept of limits. No AR or anything similar was used.

10. Kampfer

Kampfer

^ Looks like GUN actually caught the correct hedgehog.

If this is easy to pull off, it may give me a little motivation to get it when I get a little more money.

11. MykonosFan

MykonosFan

MODE CHANGE. Moderator
    Really unsure why he can't just tell us how he did this in the first place as opposed to saying "LOOK WHAT I DID! I'll tell you how to do it later!".

12. GeneHF

GeneHF

SEGA-ier than you'll potentially ever be. Site Staff
    Scenic Studiopolis
    Complete Global Conquest
    Guaranteed views later. It's a YouTube thing.

13. Overlord

Overlord

Now playable in Smash Bros Ultimate Moderator
    Long-term happiness
    I do wonder if it's being done as well to ensure it can't be patched out... if he leaves it long enough, Sega won't drop the money on a non-free patch.

14. JRokujuushi

JRokujuushi

J64 Member
    Just posted to Sega's twitter - PC version of SA2 comes out on Monday, 11/19.

https://twitter.com/SEGA/status/269535248742772736

15. DustArma

DustArma

Santiago, Chile
    Learning Python.
    Huh, they haven't even put up the store page yet.

16. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    Bout fucking time. Wonder about Nights though...

17. Lanzer

Lanzer

The saber calls for its master... Member
    Glendale, AZ
    Living life.
  18. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    SA2 has more interest than Sonic 4 anyways, even now I might add which is rather shocking. Plus, the game should (key word: should) be somewhat close to how SA1 was made. I feel like there should be some over lap with some of the aspects of the game that could allow for more hacking.

What would I like to see? Generations models, ability to play as any character in any level, and the removal of all power up graphics. And if possible the removal of omochao and remapping the controls. That would basically bring SA2 up to speed as much as it possibly could (New levels are not needed, we have Generations for that).

19. MainMemory

MainMemory

Kate the Wolf Tech Member
    SonLVL
    The difference between SA1 and SA2 is similar to the difference between Sonic 2 and S3K. The same concepts apply, and some of the formats are even the same, but others are quite different. The main problem with any kind of level/model editing or even viewing is that SA2B uses a new model format which we know nothing about, and is not covered in the Dreamcast SDK.

20. Thousand Pancake

Thousand Pancake

Being a food you put milk on and then eat in the m Member
    Apparently it's releasing December 21st, just in time for the End Of The World. Got the info from Adventure Legends, so I don't know how accurate it is.