don't click here

Sonic Adventure 2 XBLA

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Narstyle, Apr 4, 2012.

1. MykonosFan

MykonosFan

MODE CHANGE. Moderator
    As much as I think this game needs to be knocked down a couple pegs in the public eye, this isn't the best time for it to be happening.

2. GeneHF

GeneHF

SEGA-ier than you'll potentially ever be. Site Staff
    Scenic Studiopolis
    Complete Global Conquest
    It's already happening. Any sort of negative comment on SA2, even if there is completely factual and objective basis for it is being seen as people jumping aboard the hate bandwagon. Sonic Cycle and all that nonsense.

Sorry, but SA2 has always been this bad. This is a game that has aged disgracefully, and this port clearly shows it. They can stew and say it's the best Sonic of all time if they want to, but the game is dire and this port does not help it in the least.

(I'm not saying you can't say you like it. I'm just saying be prepared for the sort of reception you'll get for that opinion.)

Ironically, and I attribute this more to the fact this was a professionally developed port on PS2 and wasn't rushed out in about a year or less, the NiGHTS port is really solid. If you guys honestly had to pick one of these two to buy, go with NiGHTS. NiGHTS' community advisement (as I recall some key members having some input) helped improve the PS2 port base, and the game is genuinely much more entertaining for it.

3. Lanzer

Lanzer

The saber calls for its master... Member
    Glendale, AZ
    Living life.
    Yeah I seem to recall thats an old bug from both the DC and GC versions, thats not new. And I thought the GC port did the same sound stacking thing with the jetplane sfx as well?

It is just a port man, I wasn't really expecting any or all bugs from the previous versions to be fixed. I'm hoping any of you wern't considering SEGA's history with ports.

4. GeneHF

GeneHF

Scenic Studiopolis
    Complete Global Conquest
    Right, but I'm saying it's happening more frequently than I remember it.

5. Palas

Palas

Don't lose your temper so quickly. Member
    I've been predicting the excuses.

"But people LIKED gameplay roulette back then!"
    "Analyze the game for what it is!"
    "Every game back then had camera problems!"
    "Oh, but you have to take the time it was released into account!"

6. Glaber

Glaber

Has Beaten Sonic Genesis for GBA Oldbie
    Thankfully for me, I have my own reason for getting the game that won't be affected by game play. Unfortunately, I have to wait for the PC version

7. You forgot the most common one from the SADX port:

"The original version was good, Sonic Team just screwed this one up!"

8. GeneHF

GeneHF

Scenic Studiopolis
    Complete Global Conquest
    Just for the sake of comparison, I'm giving the Gamecube version (this one's base) a spin.

9. JaxTH

JaxTH

Pudding Deity Oldbie
    Los Angeles
    Jack shit.
    DLC tropies/achievements for those who care:

http://www.ps3trophies.org/game/sonic-adventure-2/trophies/

10. RedMetallix

RedMetallix

Supreme Thunder Member
    A desk.
    What? Don't be silly.
    I'm really surprised nobody's mentioned the best part about this yet.

Omochao is mute in hints that mention buttons, and he seems to be quieter during hints where he still talks.

Kinda wish they would've fixed Rouge's "Ahhh!" in the first cutscene she's in, she still says it way too early.

Also is it me or did they really mess up Rouge's and Knuckles skin colors? They're like, dark brown when Rouge is supposed to be orange and Knuckles the same as Sonic.

All in all, other than some little bonuses and widescreen, its lazy. (I can't even use different themes without getting the Battle DLC? But I don't want the Battle title screen I want SA2, same with how I don't want SADX I just want to see SA, its just a visual difference but honestly I like the older title screens better.)

11. Ch1pper

Ch1pper

Fighting the Battle of Who Could Care Less Member
    Life.
    I seem to remember this being the case in Battle beforehand as well. Nothing new.

Hahahaha, I fucking knew it. Likely a PS3-exclusive 'feature'. "Ohnoes! Competitor's controller layout! Mute that shit!"

This might've happened in the original/Battle too. I seem to remember him occasionally being drowned out if there were enough other sound effects occurring at the same time, such as multiple explosions. He was still audible; it was clearly just a layering/stacking issue ala the jet sound effect being doubled/tripled up.

12. Lanzer

Lanzer

Glendale, AZ
    Living life.
    Your in luck then (lol). Read this (Thanks Shadzter!):

Offtopic:
    GAH! wtf was that noise?! where did the 10 ring sfx come from?! scared the shit out of me.

13. Glaber

Glaber

HOLD IT

The Themes themselves were originally DLC for the DC version.

Since the only way to get them now is the Battle DLC, I'd say that's an accurate representation of them. Even though they were free on the Dreamcast.

Now Let me ask you, how is mutiplayer before the Battle DLC?

14. JRokujuushi

JRokujuushi

J64 Member
    Did you get a private message? If that's what it was, you can change the sound at the bottom of the General Settings in the User CP.

15. Lanzer

Lanzer

Glendale, AZ
    Living life.
    No I believe I set that to the emerald sound effect and I checked my inbox to be sure. I was hitting Shift+Up arrow key to highlight then the sfx played. not happening now so I must've hit some other key in other for it to happen.

Cinossu with his Debug mode workings are starting to scare me.

16. RedMetallix

RedMetallix

Supreme Thunder Member
    A desk.
    What? Don't be silly.
    I have nobody to play it with, but from the 2P menu, its the same as Battle's except Amy, Metal, Chaos, Tikal, and Chao Walkers are Greyed out. No Big, folks.

17. Glaber

Glaber

So, we get the Dark Chao walker instead of Big and the Dark Chao walker?

Nice try Sega, but You failed at merging the 2 versions of SA2.

I don't see why they couldn't have Big be unlocked and the Dark Chao Walker added by the Battle DLC. Add more characters to the roster.

18. Lanzer

Lanzer

Glendale, AZ
    Living life.
    http://www.metacritic.com/game/pc/sonic-adventure-2-hd

Atm its 0 days 2 hrs 46 mins until the PC version. its probably nothing, but lets see where it goes...

19. Glaber

Glaber

I got 11 hours 33 min

20. RedMetallix

RedMetallix

Supreme Thunder Member
    A desk.
    What? Don't be silly.
    Its telling me its available now until the game releases.