Sonic Adventure 2 Hacking

Discussion in 'Engineering & Reverse Engineering' started by Turbohog, Feb 20, 2012.

1. MainMemory

MainMemory

Every day's the same old thing... Same place, diff Tech Member
    SonLVL
    So, it's been a while. We've all been working hard over in the X-hax Discord server, and today, we see the results of our work.
    [​IMG]
    The first custom character model for SA2 with functioning weights/skinning! Justin113D wrote the import/export plugin for Blender (with help from Exant and myself) which you can find here, and also made the model. This is hopefully only the first of many mods for SA2 like this.
    You can download the mod from GameBanana.

If you're wondering about SA Tools, we have been working on new import/export options as well as support for the GameCube model format, but it's not quite ready for prime time yet. Hopefully soon.

2. DaveDave

DaveDave

Thank you MainMemory, you're a massive asset to this community. Keep up the good work.

3. MainMemory

MainMemory

SonLVL
    Hey, so, the scene has kind of exploded since Justin finished his exporter and SA Tools finally got that importer.

If you are interested in creating custom models for SA2, there is a (slightly outdated) guide here, or you can join our Discord to get more direct guidance.

4. Turbohog

Turbohog

Great to see this. I'm mostly excited for custom levels - especially since SA2 has the only competent multiplayer mode in all the 3D Sonic games. Hopefully I'll join in when life slows down a bit.

5. BlazeHedgehog

BlazeHedgehog

A "Community Enigma"? Oldbie
    Very excited by that Sonic Heroes port. I've wanted to play those levels solo and in a better engine for absolutely ages. With some clean up on the camera, splines and enemy placement that could end up something very special.

6. MainMemory

MainMemory

SonLVL