don't click here

Sonic Adventure 2 Hacking

Discussion in 'Engineering & Reverse Engineering' started by Turbohog, Feb 20, 2012.

1. MainMemory

MainMemory

Kate the Wolf Tech Member
    SonLVL
    The SADX thread also never got stickied.

2. MainMemory

MainMemory

SonLVL
    I made a hack allowing you to play as the alternate characters (Amy, Metal, etc) in 1P mode, while retaining the options for the regular characters in 2P mode.
    Download
    All the fixes for crashes and proper sounds have been applied, however Chao World uses its own sfx and voice files, which will probably have to have the extra sounds added to them manually.
    Side note: if you want to make Amy able to spindash, go to 32321F (723E1F in RAM) and change 77 09 to 90 90. Edit: actually it crashes with the ancient light, I'll get a fix later.
    Edit2: I fixed that, and did a different fix for the flame ring that makes the effect appear for Amy and Metal, but crash for Sonic and Shadow. :v:

3. Clutch

Clutch

It was a dark and stormy night... Member
    Oh, I'm loving this. Knuckles is the one who really needs all the crazy shit pulled off of him, but I'm amazed how much better Sonic looks without all the blinking green crap.

4. flarn2006

flarn2006

5. Lanzer

Lanzer

The saber calls for its master... Member
    Glendale, AZ
    Living life.
    Nah don't think it'll happen. Hacking threads never get stickyed but they never really not stop being a prominiant thread either. the Generations thread is still going strong.

What I would like is a rename of the topic though. something like "Sonic Adventure 2 Hacking General". and get rid of/change the sub-title. Too bad Turbohog hasn't been around since July :(...

6. flarn2006

flarn2006

...and the cheat table's been updated again!

[​IMG]

It finally stores locations to a file. I've been meaning to do that. To open this window, click the "Teleporter" button on the Tools window that appears. Once the window's open, go to the stage you want to teleport around and click "Set Stage". You can then add locations to the list. Sorry, there's no delete function yet, but you can manually edit the files. They're in the My Documents\My Cheat Tables folder. Be sure to click "Save List" when you're done!

Convenient download link

EDIT: If you want some sample location files to play around with, here's some I created for City Escape and Mad Space. Just save them to your My Cheat Tables folder as stage13.loc and stage44.loc.

EDIT2: This update also includes a new feature that lets you view the positions of loaded objects, as well as change their coordinates. You can also teleport to the object, or teleport the object to yourself.

7. Aquaslash

Aquaslash

<The Has-been Legend> Moderator
    Who needs him ;)

8. Aerosol

Aerosol

Not here. Moderator
    Not where I want to be.
    Sonic (?): Coming summer of 2055...?
    I dunno if I asked this already, but is it yet possible to simply swap models? Not whole characters, just the models. I think you know where I'm going with this.

9. Tiranno

Tiranno

Steveosaurus Rex Member
    I can't get mechless Tails to work for the life of me. Using cheat engine and the stage select editor.

10. I've only managed to swap Pso Sonic for 1p, it crashed when I tried Amy.

Which is weird since it worked for the Dc version.

11. MainMemory

MainMemory

SonLVL
    This exe disables the "Battle" intro video, title screen and menu backgrounds.

12. flarn2006

flarn2006

13. MainMemory

MainMemory

SonLVL
    You know what you could do with the upgrades bitfield in the cheat table is instead of having it as a 4 byte decimal value, have an entry for each bit as a binary value so you can actually tell what's what.

14. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    Curious, is there any way you can make power ups work for other characters? Like, for example, if you get the Bounce Bracelet as Shadow in Pyramid Cave (obviously by hacking Shadow into the level before you ever play it as Sonic), the powerup will actually work for Shadow for the rest of the level, but after that point it's not saved. Is there any way to not only make that power up permanent but also give other characters power ups as well (Like give Tails the Eggman Shield, Rouge the air necklace, and Shadow the bounce bracelet and magic hands?)

15. MainMemory

MainMemory

SonLVL
    You can't make it save them for the other characters because there's no upgrade slot for "Shadow's Bounce Bracelet". However, you could make it load every character's upgrades regardless of who you actually chose, so then for example if you have the Light Shoes OR the Air Shoes, both Sonic and Shadow will be able to use the Light Dash (because that's how the Sonic/Shadow object is coded).

16. flarn2006

flarn2006

A preview of what's to come:

[​IMG]

17. Glaber

Glaber

Has Beaten Sonic Genesis for GBA Oldbie
    It's Sonic's Adventures. Now all we need is a remote controlled robot about half the size of sonic.

18. flarn2006

flarn2006

19. Is there a way to turn NoClip OFF after turning it on?

20. MainMemory

MainMemory

SonLVL
    Press the jump button.