don't click here

Sonic 4 Genesis Edition

Discussion in 'Engineering & Reverse Engineering' started by StephenUK, Mar 20, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rika Chou

Rika Chou

Tech Member
    You're free to use this if you want, though it looks like you want to use your bigger version.

[​IMG]

Also, it might be better to use the SonED2 level importer instead of drawing over EHZ? It's certainly easier, cleaner, and less time consuming IMO.

Good luck with this!

2. nineko

nineko

I am the Holy Cat Tech Member
    italy
    I knew it, nobody liked my version :(

Sometimes I wonder why I am still doing this.

Nice work on the art, anyway.

3. StephenUK

StephenUK

Liquor in the front, poker in the rear Tech Member
    Manchester, UK
    Quackshot Disassembly
    Repost yours for comparison, I don't remember hearing it.

4. nineko

nineko

italy
  5. USE THESE THEY'RE AMAZING =D

6. Mikel

Mikel

[​IMG]

I decided to make a recreation of the timer from Sonic 4, I know that it doesn't look right due to how big the numbers in the timer are, but I personally think that I did pretty good, even for a first attempt.

You are free to use this if you want to.

Oh, and turning Sonic 4 into a genesis game is a really great idea, Good luck on this project!

7. StephenUK

StephenUK

Manchester, UK
    Quackshot Disassembly
    I have to say, although the differences are fairly subtle, I do slightly prefer yours Nineko. Can you provide it in BIN form so I can put it in and see how well it sounds on hardware.

8. Hanoch

Hanoch

Also known as TheKnock, Birashot Member
    Israel
    everything
    Unless it is actually going to be released on the genesis.

9. Sparks

Sparks

Sondro Gomez / Kyle & Lucy
    Sonic Sprites?

http://forums.sonicretro.org/index.php?s=&...st&p=415066

Rathes sheet is actually mostly complete. It was going to be used for Sonic Rerun, but I doubt I have use for it anymore. It actually animates well, and fits within the Sonic 2 poses (or frames, whichever terminology is better). :)

10. Master3k

Master3k

I said, on the Sonic 4 topic, that I'd liked it more if it wasn't so 3Dish. Then, just 2 days after that, you post this. <3

Keep it up, that art is very a good remake!

11. Nice! A perfect blend of classic HUD and the modern HUD being used!

12. nineko

nineko

italy
    I will, though the current BIN isn't optimised for actual use (I don't bother too much when I convert song without a particular purpose), so I'll have to clean it up a bit before the final release. For now I'll send you a PM with this version though, no problem :)

13. Mikel

Mikel

Thanks, I recently uploaded version 2 of my Sonic 4 Timer recreation mockup, since the numbers in my old timer are colored white and are big compared to Sonic 4's which are colored yellow and are small:

[​IMG]

14. Master3k

Master3k

I like the version with the white big letters better...

15. Ravenfreak

Ravenfreak

2 Edgy 4 U Tech Member
    O'Fallon Mo
    Sonic 1 Game Gear Disassembly
    I like what your doing, but I think it should have the classic HUD. I mean, if this is going to be the Genesis version, it needs to resemble the classics. That's one of my least favorite things about Sonic 4. (Yeah I'm probably going to get bitched at for posting this, but that's just my opinion. And yes I get it's a remake, but still...) Nonetheless, once this is done I can't wait to play it.

16. StephenUK

StephenUK

Manchester, UK
    Quackshot Disassembly
    I agree the white numbers sits better with me, but thats because I have VRAM to think of as well when I plan this out. The ring and the backing stripe will replace the SCORE, RINGS and TIME art, but I'm not sure how much will be left over for use. Since the S4 art uses different colours for the score and time, I want to check the VRAM before I commit to making seperate art for the two. As said before, I only started this yesterday, so a lot of planning work has to be done so I can see how everything will fit. I can see the background being a nightmare to fit in, but believe me, I'll get it in if it kills me. I have a full week to work all I can on this since I can barely walk and as a result, am not in work. That, along with my own personal criticism, was what encouraged me to take on this project. I hope people will support me and voice there opinions, because I want this to be the Sonic 4 that people have wanted, and not what Sega have offered. Don't get me wrong, considering some of their previous work, they have excelled themselves, but there's still a lot of room for improvement.

17. Enzo Aquarius

Enzo Aquarius

20% Cooler. Member
    Canada, eh.
    Sonic TV Scripts, Sonic Comic Wiki Work
    I have to agree with this. Even though Sonic 4's timer is in yellow, the white seems to fit better. Keep it with a Genesis game format and have the titles of the HUD as yellow and the fonts white.

18. doc eggfan

doc eggfan

Are you pondering what I'm pondering? Wiki Sysop
    ACT
    GreatMegaLD, GreatSC3k, Great SG1k
    There's a command line 24-bit to 9-bit .bmp converter that Nemesis (I think it was Nemesis) wrote ages ago that might come in handy in porting those backgrounds.

9bit_color_converter.exe - 0.04MB

19. jasonchrist

jasonchrist

Give Us A Wank Banned
    Sonic Classic Hybrid Project
    Seconded.

Wouldn't hurt to have an option for both though.

20. While I'd agree with this, if you won't do two, do the new one. The idea is to make Sonic 4 on the Genesis, not to make a Sonic 4 that the "fanbase" likes better.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.