don't click here

Sonic 4: Episode 2 Discussion

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Chimpo, Dec 29, 2011.

1. I have a Wii and I still play it. I have Super Smash Bros. Brawl, Super Mario Galaxy, and Legend of Zelda - Twilight Princess. The library here also lends out Wii games as well, so I've gotten to play Donkey Kong Country Returns, Rayman Origins, Sonic Colors, Super Mario Galaxy 2, New Super Mario Bros. Wii, etc.

There are a bunch of good Wii games other than Sonic Colors, if you bother to look for them.

2. dsrb

dsrb

Yes! When presented with a challenge to one's argument, don't worry about providing evidence for your sweeping claim, for simply repeating it louder makes you win!

Although I like how you seem to be losing confidence in yourself over time, even within the same post: first it's unequivocally true, then it's "pretty much true"; soon it'll be "well, some people probably don't play it, maybe, or at least one person". Then we'll be getting somewhere

3. BlackHole

BlackHole

You're going to need MORE than help. Member
    England
    Complaining
    I still play it. I happen to quite enjoy the games on it over the X-box 360 and PlayStation games.

Does that mean I'm nobody? Awesome, I'd better go stop Eggman from using that Hyper-go-on power!

4. BlueAuraEX

BlueAuraEX

The Blue Aura
    ????
    Nothing..."Yet"
    Sonic games have always been a bit...Weird, with their continuitys. Hell, look at Sonic CD now "officially" being part of the Sonic Trilogy timeline. When you play Sonic 1 to 3&K, then pop in Sonic CD, and afterwards play Sonic 4: Ep.1&2 on your PS3/Xbox360....Yeah, you get my point. As for the Wii scenario, come on, don't say that about the Wii. Sure, it's not as high-tech and outstanding as the competition, but there's way~ more you can do with the Wii than what you can do on those two other systems.

Once you get into the hacking scene on the Wii, that's truly when the system shines it's best. The fact it's so easy to get into to do as such is also another uniqueness about it. As for just the Wii itself, I still love Super Smash Bros. Brawl to this day. Mario Kart Wii is still good and fun. Sonic Colors was actually the first really good Sonic game in years, and it was a freaking Wii exclusive! There's also Donkey Kong Country Returns, and of course the Wii Shop Channel, and Mii Channel, etc. All in all, be a bro, don't diss the Wii, yo.

5. Covarr

Covarr

Sentient Cash Register Member
    Trapped in my own thoughts.
    Two stageplays, a screenplay, and an album
    Here's the thing SuicidalComedy... a lot of people only have a Wii but not a 360 or PS3. Especially kids. S4E2 would easily have sold well on the Wii. It's not really reasonable to look at this from a core gamer's point of view, when the game is primarily targeting a younger audience than that.

6. Skyler

Skyler

Neonネオン Cowgirlカウガール Site Staff
    Hellafornia
    The next audtion
    Colors sold over a million units, and that was Wii exclusive.

7. Knucklez

Knucklez

I love 2B 'n' ass. Member
    It was on the DS too. But then again, Colors for DS was just another Sonic Rush.

8. LockOnRommy11

LockOnRommy11

I play my Wii constantly. I own a PC for gaming and have a number of games on it, including Sonic Generations, Team Fortress 2, Sonic 4 Episode II, Battlefield 3 and Command & Conquer. We also own a PS3 upstairs, and there's two Wii's. I actually play the Wii much more than any of the other consoles due to my own preference of games.

The problem is that people aren't marketed the best Wii games because Nintendo can't advertise, therefore they miss them out. To say the Wii isn't meant for "hardcore" gaming is just bogus, sure it doesn't have the graphical capabilities of the 360 and the PS3, but it still provides good online capabilities with a decent amount of online games (I myself own the four Call of Duty's, Conduits, GoldenEye, Guitar Hero's, Mario Kart, Sonic All Stars Racing, DBZ BT3, Smash Bros Brawl, with others providing leaderboards and statistics like Sonic Colours & Black Knight), fantastic offline games (the Mario Galaxy's and Mario in general, Zelda's, Sonics, The RPG's like Xenoblade, The Last Story & Pandora's Tower, the Metroids, Monster Hunter etc), and a wide variety of past titles from the Gamecube library, NES, SNES, N64, Master System and MegaDrive. The Wii can't always keep up with the usual flow of titles from other platforms, but it has its own wide amount of exclusive games which blow the shit out of other titles on the Wii and also the PS3 and 360.

Unfortunately, the Wii can't run the most powerful games, therefore a lot of fantastic 3rd party titles are overlooked. The Wii is also at the end of its life, so there's little incentive for developers to bother porting the latest games for it, instead focusing on the WiiU. That said, it's difficult to justify saying that the Wii is or was never meant for "hardcore" games. Perhaps you prefer the other systems titles, but that's preference.

Personally, I never liked the term "hardcore" anyway. What is a hardcore game? I've been gaming since the MegaDrive days, and we called the other sort of titles "mini games" or "crap".

Edit: the BEST control for playing Sonic 4 is the Wiimote. It has the best D-pad.

Edit 2: The reason why Ep II wasnt' released on Wii was due to space issues, but it was solely that, it had nothing to do with SEGA being to lazy to shrink the game size. The Wii's download limit per game is 40MB, even the iPod version of Epp II was 406MB. You're telling me that they could cut the music down to save little over 350MB? That ain't ever gonna happen.

9. Overlord

Overlord

Now playable in Smash Bros Ultimate Moderator
    Long-term happiness
    Yeah, Gene was right. #1 is the reason there's no Episode 2 on Wii. Your second reason is not only nonsensical (see the Colours sales), it doesn't stand up to any sort of logic. Sonic titles have sold best on Nintendo platforms for the last few years, why would they not release a Wii version if there was any chance of doing so without crippling the game?

10. Hukos

Hukos

Yeah but Colors DS managed to be the first good Rush game.

11. Rosie

Rosie

aka Rosie Member
    I'd say, shockingly, that the reason that Episode II isn't available for Wii is because SEGA is now caring about the brand. They stopped selling any shit Sonic games long ago, and are trying to get him back to his former glory. They either had to make the game look, and sometimes sound like shit on all titles [IE: Ep 1], or not make a Wii version. As a lot of the complaints about S4E1 were the fact that it looks like someone farted out wet plastic, they opted to improve the looks while improving the game overall. My guess is that they figured that the sales for Ep 1 were high enough on the HD platforms that they if they put the effort into making the game look, play and sound nicer, reviewers would get hot over it and it would be a money maker.

EDIT: By the way, when I say "cares" I mean that they're trying a new strategy because quickly pushing out a fuck-tonne of shitty games didn't work financially.

12. Mastered Realm

Mastered Realm

-
    Ah no. Colors DS was the worst Rush game, firstly in Sound quality, then art quality and then gameplay (which is a worse than Rush Adventure).

13. Hukos

Hukos

Colors DS didn't have Altitude Limit. That alone prevents it from being the worst of the bunch.

Or the godawful and incoherent soundtracks that Rush and Rush Adventure had.

Of course, I consider Rush to be one of the worst Sonic games ever created and would unironically prefer Sonic 06 over it, so I suppose you should take my opinion with a grain of salt.

14. Steven M

Steven M

You're going to have a hell of a time convincing me that Sonic On A Boat Motherfucker Adventure isn't the worst of the three DS games.

15. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    The rush series (Colors DS included) was amazing for the fact that each game somehow managed to look worse then the one that came before it, and Rush 1 already looked worse then Sonic Advance 3.

It boggles the mind.

16. Skyler

Skyler

Neonネオン Cowgirlカウガール Site Staff
    Hellafornia
    The next audtion
    Y'all negros dumb. Rush Adventure is the best of the three.

17. LockOnRommy11

LockOnRommy11

I must admit, I liked Rush and Rush Adventure, but they looked progrssively worse. Colours DS looks awful though it does play well. I put it down to laziness, they look worse than the Advance games.

18. Mastered Realm

Mastered Realm

-
    You're all getting offtopic you know...

19. JaredAFX

JaredAFX

You telling me a shrimp fried this rice? Member
    Florida
    Downloading megahertz
    http://tcrf.net/Sonic_the_Hedgehog_4_Episode_II_(PC)

...This is really strange. It says Leftover music from a hastily removed "Good ending" cutscene. What do you guys think this means? I personally think it means nothing at all, and won't affect Episode III (If it will even exist) in any way, shape or form.

EDIT: The link doesn't work. You need to add an end quote at the end.

20. Mastered Realm

Mastered Realm

-