don't click here

Sonic 4: Episode 2 Discussion

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Chimpo, Dec 29, 2011.

1. LockOnRommy11

LockOnRommy11

Wonder when they'll bother with an iPod update. Sega have been very unsupportive of Sonic 4 post release in terms of fixes.

2. ashthedragon

ashthedragon

Sonic Paradise Researcher
    Spain
    Sonic Paradise & Sonic Ages
    There is a demo on iTunes now

3. LockOnRommy11

LockOnRommy11

Wonder what that's in aid of- they should focus on fixing the issues to get it to run properly on all the devices they say it can handle first frankly!

4. That might be why they've put a demo up? The more people who play it, the more feedback they can get about the issues.

Plus, it allows anyone who wants this game to try it and see if their device can handle it before wasting money on it.

5. LockOnRommy11

LockOnRommy11

Yeah, I thought that, but why not just listen to the hundreds of comments saying the same thing (that the game doesn't load and goes to a white screen) and get it sorted from there, rather than making a demo which does exactly the same thing.

6. Because trying to promote the game to people who haven't bought it is a quicker way to make money than to fix it for people that already purchased it.

Besides, most people probably bought it on console/PC anyways due to how touch screen controls are. No doubt they will fix it, but it'll be slow as heck.

7. XCubed

XCubed

Will Someday Own a Rent-A-Center Oldbie
    Who the hell puts out a demo AFTER the release of a game?! Is anyone else having issues in Sky Fortress1 on iPad?

8. Aesculapius Piranha

Aesculapius Piranha

つづく Oldbie
    Unknown
    Diva
    A lot of peoople don't release the demo first these days.

9. JaredAFX

JaredAFX

You telling me a shrimp fried this rice? Member
    Florida
    Downloading megahertz
    I don't know about you guys, but, besides the boss battles, I thought things were really looking up running through Sylvania Castle and White Park. They had original ideas (For the most part) and broke up everything evenly. Once I heard the ducks of Oil Desert, it all went downhill. I hear a lot of people praising Sky Fortress for the game picking up at about Act 2 and for the music being Genesis-like, but I don't see those things.

10. Hukos

Hukos

Sky Fortress Act 2 is one of those levels that really rewards you for thinking outside the box and trying a lot of alternate paths, which is kind of in the vein of the classic titles, which is what people mean.

And yeah, I think everyone is under the consensus that Oil Desert is the worst level in the game.

11. Mastered Realm

Mastered Realm

-
    Oh no. White Park, for sure.

I love Oil Desert excepting for the glitch where Tails drops you near any edge.

12. JaredAFX

JaredAFX

You telling me a shrimp fried this rice? Member
    Florida
    Downloading megahertz
    There's a glitch? I've never heard of it.

13. Like Hukos said, a majority of people like it because its one of the few zones (more so Act 2 than 3) where they don't constantly tell you "Hey remember those abilities you've had for three zones now? Don't forget you have it." Instead, there are many secret alternate paths you can find throughout the level using Tails' flying ability that can give you extra goodies like shields and extra lives. They use the combo moves like the Knuckles' and Tails' extra abilities in Sonic 3&K. Moves you have that aren't necessary to complete the level, but act as way to find secret shortcuts. Not to mention the level looks visually amazing, the tracks are IMO, the best in the game and the most memorable (besides maybe, Metal Sonic's theme), and its just all around a fun level

Ugh I hate that. Its very minor sure, but it can get really annoying when you are flying over a bottomless pit, like in Oil Desert.

14. Jayextee

Jayextee

Unpopular Opinions™ Member
    Atro City
    I DONE MAKED GAMES.
    Not everyone. I hate the boss, but the zone itself? Amazing stuff right here. I fucking loved the raising-sand sections, and the spikes-over-quicksand section, and the pits that everyone else seems to hate. Factor in that I've loved act 2's music unconditionally since first hearing it, and it's safe to say I'm either insane or just plain into different things than the rest of y'all.

Worst bits were the bosses; aside from the last one because it is AMAZING; but I'm of the opinion that Sega patently forgot how to do a quality boss encounter. Avoiding attack patterns until I see That One Animation I Can Damage™ isn't my idea of fun, I'd rather a continuous (but structured) onslaught through which I have to navigate the space in order to attack. Ah well, to each their own.

15. Falk

Falk

Oil Desert sucked except the boss. You're weird. >:(

Boss really reminds me of Catherine
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lI2smLJyY_4

16. Jayextee

Jayextee

Atro City
    I DONE MAKED GAMES.
    This is not news. I'm the guy who thinks the Spin-Dash was the turning point from where the Sonic series started to go downhill; it's clear I 'see' something considerably different in the Sonic series than everyone else alive. Maybe not my girlfriend, I've indoctrinated her very well. Either way, for differing reasons to the general consensus I do nonetheless agree that Sonic 4:2 is a considerable improvement on the first part, AKA Sonic Rush without the Rush.

And the only thing I hated about the boss was that second form with the weak toes. I mean, what? Lame. Thing should have had a shit-fit and dropped ALL THE BLOCKS. All of them.

17. LockOnRommy11

LockOnRommy11

Whilst I can't understand how the series went downhill with the introduction of the spindash, considering the fact that at the time the games weren't even really a series so much as more or less just Sonic 1 MegaDrive and Sonic 1 Master System, I do agree with you- Oil Desert was an awesome zone, in fact, the whole goddamn game is brilliant. I found nothing in the game that I really disliked, even the underwater icedeath seals weren't difficult.

I dunno, maybe I'm just too damn good at Sonic games, but I never had a problem. I did die once at the flippers of those purple little gits, but y'know, learn from your mistakes the hard way.

18. Jayextee

Jayextee

Atro City
    I DONE MAKED GAMES.
    Okay, maybe I exaggerated there about my dislike of the spin-dash. Nonetheless, Oil Desert is excellent. <3

19. Mastered Realm

Mastered Realm

-
    Agreed. Act 3 is pure love <3.

20. Skyler

Skyler

Neonネオン Cowgirlカウガール Site Staff
    Hellafornia
    The next audtion
    I want to love Oil Desert, I really do. It has my favorite music in Episode 2, and I think the mixing of tropes is interesting, but there are a lot of Dimps traditions (namely bottomless pits) holding it back from being a fantastic level.