don't click here

Sonic 4: Episode 2 Discussion

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Chimpo, Dec 29, 2011.

1. MykonosFan

MykonosFan

MODE CHANGE. Moderator
    32:05 into the On The Spot segment:

"Where you're going to be able to play as Metal Sonic, you're going to go through some reworked stages of Episode I and sorta find that backstory (and so on)"

Maxy McGee: "So it's not just "We're going back to the original levels and we're droppin' Metal Sonic in"?"

"No no no, there's definitely a purpose to everything, (plot stuff)"

So I suppose the question now is to what degree will the levels be reworked.

Also this is a fantastic term. :v:

2. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    All depends on context. Some can mean a lot of things, from a few levels to absolutely nothing.

3. Glaber

Glaber

Has Beaten Sonic Genesis for GBA Oldbie
    Sonic Drift 2 says hi, As does Sonic R.

4. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    Playable character in a real game. By real I mean traditional Sonic title.

5. Felik

Felik

Sonic Adventure 2

6. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    That was just in 2 player mode though. And in SA1 he was an unlockable Sonic skin.

7. Ell678

Ell678

Am I Annoying You? Member
    Barrow, England
    Sonic Incursion
    Sonic Rivals 1 and 2.

But I bet this basically amounts to a reskin.

8. Sonic 4 Episode 2 preview: They fixed everything wrong with the first one. engine is much better (but not perfect), and the visuals are what you'd expect from a Sonic game in 2012, full 3D models (level geometry too) and gorgeous settings. 

Although I can't speak to or against the music, it was loud in there.

Also, I talked to the Sega reps about Metal Sonic. They said he "plays differently", and while his episode is strictly the levels from Episode I, they have entirely new layouts, and the whole thing is a thank you for the fans who supported the whole endeavor.

Everyone was super genuine there, even when I told them Episode I sucked.

9. Glaber

Glaber

Has Beaten Sonic Genesis for GBA Oldbie
    Let me list his playable appearances and you can pick out what counts.

Sonic Drift 2, Sonic R, Sonic Adventure 2, Sonic Adventure 2 Battle, Sonic Adventure DX, Sonic and Sega All star racing (DLC only), Sonic Rivals, Sonic Rivals 2, Mario and Sonic at the Winter Olempic games, sonic Free Riders

10. New layouts plus not a simple reskin? Color me impressed. Helps with the original 1200 point cost of episode I
    Thanks for the report.

11. Blue Blood

Blue Blood

It's the first time he's had a playable story role within the main series. The only games that come close to this are the Rivals ones, and they're not part of the main series (gameplay wise they're pretty similar though).

12. Sonic Warrior TJ

Sonic Warrior TJ

Have an ice time Member
    GA
    Not sayin' the Rivals titles were underrated and super-awesome or anything, because they totally had their flaws (shitty rolling, everyone was slow as balls, playing through the same game with four or five characters/teams to see the whole story, etc.), but I wish they'd gotten a PS2 'compilation' in a similar vein to the PSP GTA and Ratchet games.

13. Jaseman

Jaseman

The programmer has a nap! Hold out! Programmer! Member
    some fine people on YouTube uploaded this high-quality off-screen video of an entire playthrough of both Sylvania Castle and White Park on YouTube in 1080p. No music, but the quality of video is great, especially from a non direct capture.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AwSDwRlgImE[/youtube]

14. Ayu Tsukimiya

Ayu Tsukimiya

UGUU~ Member
    This, pretty much. I don't see how this could be so hard to understand.

Also, what is your sig implying? That Cream is a ripoff of Klonoa, or that Klonoa is a ripoff of cream? If it's the latter then HOW DARE YOU KLONOA CAME FIRST IN 1997. I'LL KILL YOU

15. Conando

Conando

Is not, in fact, Raphael Member
    Lynn, MA
    MarioMedia.net FTP
    I saw dudes recording it when I was playing the game myself, actually. A couple of kids but, they had a pretty damn nice camera and a steady hand. Perhaps it was them, one played, while the other focused on recording it.

Edit: Just watched the Sylvania Castle part of the recordings. That was them. I laughed when I saw the player die from that crush damage.

16. Vinchenz

Vinchenz

Yo! Hustle! Hustle! Member
    Wow, the acts looked decently lengthed. I expected them to end a lot earlier than they did.

Although the guy using te homing attack every second in Sylvania Castle made me rage

17. Cooljerk

Cooljerk

NotEqual Tech, Inc - VR & Game Dev Oldbie
    I like at 5:55 in that video where the player is ROLLING AROUND AT THE SPEED OF SOUND, picking up speed as he exits the loops, and saying in rolling mode for several seconds. This really does look a hell of a lot like Sonic Generations 3DS.

18. Felik

Felik

Actually after watching that footage I really wanna play this game now. Only if music was good :argh:

19. Roller

Roller

21331 LEGO Ideas Sonic the Hedgehog, Ring Racers (SRB2Kart 2)
    Looks like there's only two flaws from what we've seen- the number of springs/boosters and the music, and neither of those two things are abysmal, so... things are looking up for E2!

20. Falk

Falk

Still holding out from the fact that a lot of first impressions got better with more reveals; could be the same for music.

YOU NEVER KNOW OK