don't click here

Sonic 4: Episode 1 Discussion

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Cinossu, Oct 11, 2010.

1. JaxTH

JaxTH

Pudding Deity Oldbie
    Los Angeles
    Jack shit.
    When you have all the Emeralds(?) and beat the game you see a outline of him in some light.

2. E-122-Psi

E-122-Psi

No, no. It will feature Knuckles and briefly have Snively as the main villain. :D

3. Yash

Yash

CHOCOLATE! Member
    The wii version of mad gear 3 is better :colbert:

4. Solaris Paradox

Solaris Paradox

On my butt in front of the computer. Where else?
    I'm working on working up the willpower to work on learning how to make my own Sonic fangames. Not quite there yet.
    No, it's not. :colbert:

5. trakker

trakker

The guy that's been warned! Member
    Ok, now I got this game in full shared on the PSN from a friend, and jebus outside of the demo its so hard, obvioulsy not from a difficulty standpoint, but I simply cannot condition myself to compensate to how sonic moves, its just SO unatural.

I wouldn't leave Spalsh Hill zone 1 untill I did it in under a minute, and man when your trying to do stuff quickly it seems even worse kept missing easy jumps and instinctivly trying to roll down hills and then shouting "NO THAT DOSEN'T WORK YOU IDIOT!" and its quicker to avoid having to use the homing attack to get anywhere so why bother?

Even the special stages arnt doing me any favours, I keep rotating the wrong way, I need an invert option because honest to God, it got ALOT easyer for me when I turned the controler upside down for "manual inversion" lol

Its like... I can't be the only one that dosent think this is a good investment of my time to even bother finnishing it? >_> After splash hill, I had a choice, keep going, or colour some lineart I did the other day - My choice I feel better than the empty "bling" of any trophy I may have earned lol

6. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    So I gave this game another playthrough, but this time around I changed the soundtrack up to replace the Sonic 4 soundtrack.

Wow, it made the game unbelievably better. Like listening to the game with a different soundtrack was just a whole new experience, a more enjoyable one in that fact. I mean I didn't think the music was that bad, and I still don't, but it's nothing compared to some of the songs from Sonic 2, 3, CD, and Unleashed.

I'd of enjoyed it more if my neighbor and his friends weren't yelling for the past hour though. God damn paper thin walls

7. Sonic Warrior TJ

Sonic Warrior TJ

Have an ice time Member
    GA
    lol, Are they playin' the Halos? HELL YEAH SO MANLY I C'N POINT A CURSOR AND PULL A TRIGGER JUS LIKE A REEL GUNNNNNNNNNN BITCH GIT ME A BEER

8. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    I'm thinking Fifa. That game seems to bring out the most obnoxious in everyone around here.

9. Solaris Paradox

Solaris Paradox

I'm working on working up the willpower to work on learning how to make my own Sonic fangames. Not quite there yet.
    One of my favorite time-wasters in this game is playing through Splash Hill Zone Act 3 with this remix playing in my Custom Soundtrack.

Makes it REALLY feel like Sonic Megamix that way. :v:

10. That does sound quite nice, but I wish I had turned down my volume beforehand. Stupid headphones...

Anyways, I gotta go try that. I finally got the Super Sonic ending and my Sonic suit for my avatar.

11. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    I have a question though. How can you get songs onto the PS3? Is the only way that doesn't involve linking to your computer through CD? I tried a flash drive and my ipod touch and neither work

12. GeneHF

GeneHF

SEGA-ier than you'll potentially ever be. Site Staff
    Scenic Studiopolis
    Complete Global Conquest
    I got my music on there by using my PSP and the on-board card readers my PS3 has.

...of course, you need a PSP or a PS3 with on-board card readers (20GB, 60GB and 80GB w/ 4 USB slots only)

13. Solaris Paradox

Solaris Paradox

I just download mp3s, move them to my PSP, hook up my PSP to my PS3 via USB (Peter Piper picked a peck of pickled peppers!), and then highlight the PSP in my music menu, select "Display All" from the sidebar, and copy whatever songs/folders I want on my PSP.

From there, it's as simple as playing the song from the XMB while the game is open. (Note: there are about three-and-a-half games on the PS3 that support this feature. Guess which one of those three-and-a-half is Sonic 4: Episode I.)

EDIT: You can also download mp3s directly via the web browser, but this won't work if, say, the music you want comes in a .zip or .rar format, or the like, as obviously the PS3 lacks the necessary decompression programs.

EDIT 2: This also works with, say, a USB mp3 player.

14. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    Well those two are out of the question. No PSP and I have a 120GB PS3Slim

15. LordOfSquad

LordOfSquad

bobs over baghdad Member
    Winnipeg, MB
    making cool music no one gives a shit about
    You can use a USB stick with MP3s on it.

16. Solaris Paradox

Solaris Paradox

If your PSP has a USB port, which I assume it does (the controllers kinda need one), you can just use a standard USB flash drive* or mp3 player**.

* ninja'd
    ** not all mp3 players are necessarily compatible, but if it's plug-and-play, it most likely is.

17. killswitchmad

killswitchmad

I picked up the XBLA version and to be honest I wasn't overly impressed to begin with, I found myself stumbling through the first couple of act's but after awhile you get used to the reworked physics and it does become a lot more fun.

I'm not a fan of the forced homing attack point especially towards the end of some of the acts, It feels like a cheap way to drop your life count down :rolleyes:

18. Getting through the final level without getting hit is proving to be worth its 40G :argh:

19. Willie

Willie

Each day the world turns Laugh 'til it all burns Member
    Hey guys, can you imagine how much more infuriating it would have been if the trophy/achievement wasn't for beating Eggman without getting hurt but instead was for getting + - the Super Sonic ending   ? That would have been evil. >_> After getting the trophy, I failed to get + - the ending because of three stupid rings   . ._. I'm not even going to try that again. Attempting to get the trophy made me rage enough.

20. Solaris Paradox

Solaris Paradox

Collecting all the rings is actually pretty easy when you have the pattern memorized.
    :ssh:
    + - Floor, floor, short hop, floor, upper platform, brief pause, jump through a trio of rings to an upper platform, run off the edge of that platform, aaaaaand... profit.  
    :ssh:

I've managed it like four times now. It's practically second nature at this point.