don't click here

Sonic 3D Blast MD, 2017 and beyond!

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by ICEknight, Sep 8, 2017.

1. Techokami

Techokami

For use only on NTSC Genesis systems Researcher
    HoleNet!
    Sonic Worlds Next
    So perhaps he added them in?

2. Yash

Yash

CHOCOLATE! Member
    That's what I figure, meant for that to be a response to Jason's post earlier asking if there were any Tails/Knuckles locations in those zones. Posting on mobile didn't allow me to quote the message.

3. LukyHRE

LukyHRE

The only one who has a Portal-themed avatar Member
    Buenos Aires, Argentina
    Bitching and complaining about my country -.-'
    GameHut site is online! It has a forum, and dedicated sections for Sonic 3D DX, Coding Secrets, and a ROM download page! It currently has a tech demo, and the DMA demo (the one that only works on hardware).

4. InvisibleUp

InvisibleUp

friendly internet ghost Member
    He's even got polls up for the 1 Emerald/Zone issue and the perma-Homing Attack. Cool.

5. Sonic Warrior TJ

Sonic Warrior TJ

Have an ice time Member
    GA
    New trailer showing off Super Sonic and the map screen, as well as some Special Stage stuff:
    [youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TO-N2WHbnqU[/youtube]

6. TheOcelot

TheOcelot

Scooty Puff Jr sucks! Member
    Yeah, looking forward to playing this.

Looks like the changes made are mostly good. I think he's made it a bit too easy in that you now only lose flickies if you don't have any rings. I mean, I know it was annoying losing them when getting hit in the original version, but you know, GIT GUD. Sonic 3D isn't a hard a game and the controls have never been a major issue for me.

I guess adding time-attack is good in that it will add a bit of replay value.

It's a shame this hasn't been done as a proper remaster (not that I ever expected it to be), but it's nice all the same. I wonder what SEGA think of this?

7. roachdaripper

roachdaripper

Source Engine Junkie Member
    Wales
    Trying not to rage when porting SADX/SA2 models on PC.
    SEGA really hasn't got a say in the matter, the game belongs to Jon Burton, as long as he doesn't really earn profit out of it I don't think they'll have a problem.

8. Turbohog

Turbohog

Lol. Sega owns Sonic. They could kill it if they wanted to.

9. DigitalDuck

DigitalDuck

Arriving four years late. Member
    Lincs, UK
    TurBoa, S1RL
    Yeah, SEGA own the game.

They most likely just view it the same as every other ROM hack - free publicity.

10. roachdaripper

roachdaripper

Source Engine Junkie Member
    Wales
    Trying not to rage when porting SADX/SA2 models on PC.
    No they don't, they just own the characters. The game itself was made with permission granted, but as far as nowadays go, pretty sure that if SEGA still own the game (as opposed to the character) - they want to distance themselves from it.
    Lets be honest, the original wasn't really that good.

11. Sir_mihael

Sir_mihael

DON'T TRUST THIS MAN Member
    I dunno, I think SEGA are quite happy to reference a lot of their lower scoring games if there's some value to it. Only when there's some awkward money/legal issue (Sonic Chronicles) involved they will attempt to distance themselves from a game.

I mean, 3D Blast certainly wasn't as good as the main series Sonic games at the time, but it's far from being on the cursed (Labyrinth/06) tier. Probably a 6-7/10 game in most people's eyes. I think it reviewed about the same as Unleashed when it first came out so interpret that however you want :v:

12. Chimpo

Chimpo

Why is Tekken 6 afraid of Tekken 7? Member
    Los Angeles, 2029
    Aiming for Genbu!
    Unless you can present documents stating otherwise, SEGA owns everything everything about 3D Blast. A majority of the staff were SEGA employees with the concept and design work being credited to said employees. Traveller Tales were just the suckers they hired to do the grunt work on the game. They hardly ignore the game either. There's references still being made. Generations not only had 3D Blast music, it had Sonic R and a full blown level recreation from Sonic 06, so I don't know what the hell you're talking about distancing themselves from their poorly received titles.

It's SEGA's game buddy.

13. Unbekannt

Unbekannt

Previously MiSHiKiS Member
    It is SEGAs game, but does he hold any ownership for it? If not, would he be legally able to even keep the source code in the first place?

14. rata

rata

Argentina
    Trying to be useful somehow.
    It may be my ignorance talking, but I don't think it can be something like 'burn after deal' contract regarding to his own code. Also, he may have forgotten to erase a backup disk.:p

15. Spanner

Spanner

The Tool Member
  16. Beltway

Beltway

The most grateful Sonic fan of all time this week Member
    Sega of Darkest Peru
    Artwork and classes
    To say nothing of the title screen for both the Genesis and Saturn versions of the game literally crediting Sega as the copyright owner...

[​IMG][​IMG]

17. doc eggfan

doc eggfan

Are you pondering what I'm pondering? Wiki Sysop
    ACT
    GreatMegaLD, GreatSC3k, Great SG1k
    The official handheld for Sonic 3D Director's Cut

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4AS6GT7wRVM[/youtube]

18. ICEknight

ICEknight

Researcher Researcher
    People really need to stop destroying old hardware for their for-profit projects.

19. Covarr

Covarr

Sentient Cash Register Member
    Trapped in my own thoughts.
    Two stageplays, a screenplay, and an album
    As many VMUs out there already don't work, this seems like a better use for them than throwing them away.

20. Chimpo

Chimpo

Why is Tekken 6 afraid of Tekken 7? Member
    Los Angeles, 2029
    Aiming for Genbu!
    It was a mass produced peripheral sold worldwide. There's plenty of them available out in the wild for projects.