don't click here

Sonic 3D Blast Appreciation Topic + PEMNAS Playthough for SAT version

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by OKei, Sep 26, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. corneliab

corneliab

Isn't it about time you played some VIDEOGAMES? Member
    Zero Mortals
    <!--quoteo(post=511496:date=Sep 27 2010, 07:52 PM:name=Moogle!)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Moogle! @ Sep 27 2010, 07:52 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=511496">[​IMG]</a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Is there any particular reason there has been no hacking on the Genesis port? Is it filled with spaghetti code written by Cthulhu or something?<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

<a href="http://info.sonicretro.org/Sonic_3D:_No_Flickies" target="_blank">Say</a> <a href="http://info.sonicretro.org/Super_Sonic_in_Sonic_3D" target="_blank">what?</a>

2. Moogle!

Moogle!

Forgot about the first, didn't know about the second.

Still, it doesn't seem as well explored as the previous Genesis games, I just wondered why.

3. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    More looked at than Sonic Spinball. I'd love to see a hack of that game, or rather a hack of Sonic 2 that used Sonic Spinball art so the physics would be better

4. Cooljerk

Cooljerk

NotEqual Tech, Inc - VR & Game Dev Oldbie
    <!--quoteo(post=511498:date=Sep 27 2010, 06:56 PM:name=corneliab)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (corneliab @ Sep 27 2010, 06:56 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=511498">[​IMG]</a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=511496:date=Sep 27 2010, 07:52 PM:name=Moogle!)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Moogle! @ Sep 27 2010, 07:52 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=511496">[​IMG]</a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Is there any particular reason there has been no hacking on the Genesis port? Is it filled with spaghetti code written by Cthulhu or something?<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

<a href="http://info.sonicretro.org/Sonic_3D:_No_Flickies" target="_blank">Say</a> <a href="http://info.sonicretro.org/Super_Sonic_in_Sonic_3D" target="_blank">what?</a>
    <!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

that first hack. Holy shit. Downloaded so hard.

5. Namo

Namo

take a screenshot of your heart Member
    <!--quoteo(post=511507:date=Sep 27 2010, 11:12 PM:name=Dark Sonic)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Dark Sonic @ Sep 27 2010, 11:12 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=511507">[​IMG]</a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->More looked at than Sonic Spinball. I'd love to see a hack of that game, or rather a hack of Sonic 2 that used Sonic Spinball art so the physics would be better<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

This. Sonic Spinball needs some lovin'.

Anyway, I remember when I first got Sonic 3D Blast for the Genesis. I asked for Sonic Adventure. :( I didn't know the difference because I was young, but Sonic 3D Blast is still a damn fine game in my eyes.

6. Lord Kanti

Lord Kanti

What does PEMNAS mean, anyway?

Sorry if it's obvious; not familiar with that acronym. But otherwise, great playthrough! I love the Saturn version WAY better than the Genesis.

7. DigitalDuck

DigitalDuck

Arriving four years late. Member
    Lincs, UK
    TurBoa, S1RL
    <!--quoteo(post=511603:date=Sep 28 2010, 08:27 AM:name=Lord Kanti)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Lord Kanti @ Sep 28 2010, 08:27 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=511603">[​IMG]</a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->What does PEMNAS mean, anyway?<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

<!--quoteo--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Hope you enjoy. =) Also, PEMNAS stands for "PLEASE EXCUSE MY NOOB ASS SKILLS". I invented the term myself.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

8. TheKazeblade

TheKazeblade

"Our Life is More than a Side-Effect" Member
    I'm glad there are people that give 3D Blast some recognition. I was brought up with the PC version and I still love it to pieces; it's a shame its long since been lost :( it was the first Sonic game (Besides Sonic R, but I don't count that, as it isn't one of the traditional titles) that I was able to get all 7 emeralds.

The music for the PC/ Saturn version was phenomenal. The boss music was amazing and I loved every second I played of it... except the fire level of which the name escapes me. That place was a freakin' pain.

9. OKei

OKei

OKeijiDragon Member
    Video Basement
    <!--quoteo(post=511603:date=Sep 28 2010, 12:27 AM:name=Lord Kanti)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Lord Kanti @ Sep 28 2010, 12:27 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=511603">[​IMG]</a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->What does PEMNAS mean, anyway?

Sorry if it's obvious; not familiar with that acronym. But otherwise, great playthrough! I love the Saturn version WAY better than the Genesis.
    <!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

HEY! I'm not nowhere near done yet people! I've still got a lot of work to do left for this PEMNAS series!

10. Lord Kanti

Lord Kanti

Well, I mean so FAR! XD

Definitely my favorite Sonic game pre-SA, though.

11. Vinchenz

Vinchenz

Yo! Hustle! Hustle! Member
    I'm enjoying this so far. It makes me want to grab a Saturn and a copy of this game for it, if only for the Special Stages.

boy oh boy though them pc special stages. I thought the Genesis version was pretty bad, but damn. Saturn Special Stages is definitely one of the best in the entire series, though.

12. LockOnRommy11

LockOnRommy11

I always had the Mega Drive version, and to this day I have still not completed it. It's not that it's a particulary difficult game, but because the premise of the game doesn't really interest me as much as the other games. I always wish that it would have a save point implemented at least half way through, because it can never hold my attention for long. I turn off, then end up wanting to play it a day or so later. The Chaos Emerald stages are particulary easy on the MD version.

Brilliant music, good game, just not what I look for in a Sonic game. It is actually more of a Sonic-themed Flicky, which was also a nice cute game which didn't hold my interest all that much either.

By the way, liking your playthrough, and I'd love to have a go at those special stages. I also recognised the music from the fangame Sonic XG.

13. Amethyst

Amethyst

I adore the soundtrack for the MD version, minus Spring Stadium, which is bollocks.

14. Ranger

Ranger

BBQ flickies Member
    Canuckistan
    Sonic and the Rings of Order RPG
    <!--quoteo(post=510795:date=Sep 26 2010, 01:34 AM:name=OKei)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (OKei @ Sep 26 2010, 01:34 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=510795">[​IMG]</a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->The original 16-Bit tunes by Tatsuyuki Maeda (especially his songs), Seirou Okamoto, Jun Senoue, and Masaru Setsumaru, however, are totally <a href="http://mestephen.com/fab/wiki/index.php?title=Episodes#Paulas_are_Bamazing" target="_blank">ba</a>mazing.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Holy shit, a Fobbies are Borange reference~

also I tried to like the Genesis 3D Blast, but I find Sonic controls like he's on ice skates so I can't enjoy it for long :<

15. OKei

OKei

OKeijiDragon Member
    Video Basement
    OK, I'm SO fucking sorry for taking this long. Midterms are important. Here's Part 4 with commentary:
    <!--id1--><object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/tGKplWjv-bE&"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/tGKplWjv-bE&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object><!--id2-->

Part 6 without comm. should be available by the time you read this.

<!--quoteo(post=512699:date=Oct 1 2010, 11:13 AM:name=Ranger)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Ranger @ Oct 1 2010, 11:13 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=512699">[​IMG]</a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=510795:date=Sep 26 2010, 01:34 AM:name=OKei)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (OKei @ Sep 26 2010, 01:34 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=510795">[​IMG]</a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->The original 16-Bit tunes by Tatsuyuki Maeda (especially his songs), Seirou Okamoto, Jun Senoue, and Masaru Setsumaru, however, are totally <a href="http://mestephen.com/fab/wiki/index.php?title=Episodes#Paulas_are_Bamazing" target="_blank">ba</a>mazing.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->Holy shit, a Fobbies are Borange reference~<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    It's the best parody for a video game evar.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.