don't click here

Sonic 3C 0408 discussion

Discussion in 'Prototype Discussion' started by drx, Feb 23, 2008.

1. Azu

Azu

I must be stupid. Member
    "S" Box is replaced with a lightning shield for Debug Mode

2. MK

MK

Hacker Oldbie
    New England, USA
    Secret :o o:
    You can move the moment you enter Sandopolis act 1; you're no longer forced to wait until you land in the sand and have to pop out. This occurs in both protos.

3. Kamek

Kamek

Magikoopa Member
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    Ow! More spikes that weren't there in the final. (This is at the very end of MGZ2 before the boss)

The boss has no sound effects yet, and the mini-boss music plays as it does in the final (except with the S3 music instead, of course)

When Knuckles arrives at CNZ1, he just appears there, instead of walking in as he does in the final. Furthermore, Knuckles' side of CNZ1 seems to be completely devoid of enemies.

[​IMG]
    Knuckles can cheat the CNZ1 boss by grabbing onto the wall. This allows for some strange visual glitches when you defeat the boss -- climb to the bottom of the wall and when the level "lands" you'll be floating in midair, or even wind up below the floor:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    This cylinder disappears in the final if you play as Knuckles.

[​IMG] [​IMG]
    The egg capsule at the end is gone completely. You cannot complete the act, but you can use the teleporter to move on to ICZ1.

4. Quexinos

Quexinos

Since 1997 Oldbie
    well if you go farther and farther into Doomsday Act 2, the level glitches more and more until... it's all garbled, but what's neat is that you can actually stand and work your way through some of it without debug mode.

5. AbsoluteG

AbsoluteG

disgusted by origins plus Oldbie
    A black Hole
    life and shit..., a sonic 1 remake
    Has anyone posted this before?
    [​IMG]
    This is supposed to be the orb bonus stage.

6. Flygon

Flygon

That looks a bit like the ball out of Sonic 1's debug mode :P

Wonder what you did to stuff it up out of interest.

7. I got video footage of the different slot machine bonus. Also noticeable: No scrolling background, no visible goal areas, fewer bumpers and more reverse switches.

8. Quexinos

Quexinos

Since 1997 Oldbie
    yeah so... Angel Island sinks during Knuckles final boss fight but it starts to overlap the play area

probably why they didn't use it.

9. Chimpo

Chimpo

I Gotta Be Me Member
    Los Angeles, 2029
    Don't Forget! Try Your Best!
    Hydro City Act 1's boss is a little funny.

When you begin the fight, you get the boss song from Sonic 3. No biggie, it's expected in this build. However, if you then activate the drowning music, and jump out to stop it, the boss music from Sonic 3 and Knuckles begins to play.

10. Flygon

Flygon

It does that in the final of Sonic 3 too.

11. Kamek

Kamek

Magikoopa Member
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    Leftover poles from those spiral lift thingys near the end of LBZ1.

When fighting the actual LBZ1 boss, the boss music ends after defeating only one of the swinging arm machines. The LBZ1 music continues while you finish off the other one, whereupon it fades out and starts playing over again -- and then when the signpost falls the music starts over yet again!

In LBZ2, Knuckles doesn't fight the arm robot, he just gets the egg capsule after beating the laser ship.

12. Chimpo

Chimpo

I Gotta Be Me Member
    Los Angeles, 2029
    Don't Forget! Try Your Best!
    I guess I'm just so awesome I never noticed. I only got it because I played one handed on the bus.

13. Kamek

Kamek

Magikoopa Member
    Holy crap, MHZ! Knuckles gets dumped in a completely different part of the zone than he does in the final.
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

His starting point in 0408 is (0x0440, 0x033C), while in S3&K final it's (0x0080, 0x096D) -- a point which doesn't even exist in 0408's version of the zone.

Sonic and Tails, however, are dropped at the usual spot.

It's been a long time, but I don't recognize this section of the zone...

EDIT: After comparing with both the 0517 and the final, I can definitely say that the layout of the beginning of this zone is indeed quite different.

14. AJ 187

AJ 187

it's freemtastic! Oldbie
    Continuing on the MHZ trend, Knuckles can grab a lot more than he should be able to.
    [​IMG]

I was able to grab the other side as well, but he was obscured by it so I didn't really feel like uploading it. If prodded, I may upload it.

15. Quexinos

Quexinos

Since 1997 Oldbie
    that's cause it doesn't exist... I just checked where it SHOULD be and it's not there.. neat

... a really stupid thing I noticed is turning into an object in debug while standing on something that's spinning doesn't crash the game. It just goes all funky for a sec... but apparently trying to turn into an object while doing an end level pose does O_o

EDIT:
    Im wrong, the end of Carnival Zone act 1 crashes, at least with Knuckles.

at the end of Carnival Night Zone act 2 with Knuckles, there's no Egg Capsule. Just the teleport.

I apologize to Kamek, I didn't know you had all ready posted that. My bad =P

16. Vinsent

Vinsent

Some more differences: In Sandopolis zone those little sand waterfalls you jump up don't produce a sound, and the collapsing blocks don't make a sound either upon crushing them.
    The sand pillar in Sandopolis act 2 makes no sound and the switch makes no sounds either and the ghosts do not make a noise when the room gets darker the floating platforms do not make a noise.The pole you run around in Lava reef 1 while having animated sprites in the final only displays one single sprite. The propelling devices as well as magnets in flying battery zone have no sound. The first teleporter from the Greenhill zone boss in sky sanctuary spawns an off center teleporter.

[​IMG]

17. Vangar

Vangar

Sonic 3C (Prototype 0408 - Apr 08, 1994, 17.29) (hidden-palace.org).bin

Might be known - no matter what setting, pausing and pressing A will take you to the level select screen.

Known - Mushroom hill - you fall instead of fly in.

Known - Mushroom Hill - after you see knuckles, the level has a different layout.

- Mushroom Hill - The big ring is not a super big ring.

- Mushroom Hill - the spring you must hit to get to the ledge to use the pulley machine isn't very reactive.

- Mushroom Hill - there is no sound effect on the Pulley machine.

- Mushroom Hill - Boss - There is no sound effect on the chopping, when killed he does not break up.

-Mushroom Hill - Knuckles' lever is blue, not red. There is no sound effect. When knuckles pulls the lever it does not move down with his hand.

-Mushroom Hill - After the palette change, the level layout is different again.

-Mushroom Hill - There is a lack of weighted mushroom devices - but there is one on the bottom of the level, not right after the change.

-Mushroom Hill - There is no gust of air that raises sonic during the mushroom flight, instead, there seems to be a similar air to Sky Sancuary zone that mucks up sonic

http://img297.imageshack.us/img297/9607/glitchrw7.jpg

-Mushroom Hill - No sound effect on the boss's radar.

-Mushroom Hill - Defeating Eggman doesn't cause his ship to burn until he hits the log at the end of the level. The spikeballs also dissapear and do not burn.

-Mushroom Hill - Upon releasing the animals at the end of the level, the pop smoke is blue, not grey.

-Mushroom hill - The cutscene has missing sound effect with eggman, when sonic is about to board tails continues to run and kills himself, rather then taking flight (lol!)

- Flying Battery - Lack of the brown tank enemy. Missing monkey bars in the first area.

- Flying Battery - Attempting to do a spindash on one of those propultion devices causes a glitch - http://img509.imageshack.us/img509/7933/glitch2ip5.jpg

-Flying Battery - Act one's music has a terrible echo effect.

-Flying Battery - The magnets have no sound.

-Flying Battery - Act two. First monitor you reach is a ring, not an electric bubble.

More to come, I'm still working on it right now.

-Flying Battery - Act two. Taking the first path down the spiral elevator, the hole is messed up that takes you to the bottom of the ship. there is also a flame machine and a brown tank badnik missing when you return into the ship. Further along, there is no fire shield or extra life.

-Flying Battery - Act two. There are no magnetic arm things that pull sonic around (you know, the black ball arm things that move when sonic runs into them)

18. EDIT: In the final, you can't go into Sky Sanctuary zone 1 as Knuckles. But in the beta you can, and....

[​IMG] Knuckles meets his long lost brother! =P

PS: There was the mistake, I said Sky Sanctuary zone, but I meant act 1. Ah well. =P

19. Mr. Fox

Mr. Fox

No, you can.

20. Vangar

Vangar

-Flying Battery - Act two. No sound on the fireball machines

-Flying Battery - Act two. There is a foreground tile in the background tile layout, visible after the double button problem.

-Flying Battery - Act two. No sound effects on the laser boss. Seemed easier.

-Flying Battery - Act two. When you are locked off and the beam rises, there is two ringboxes instead of a red spring. If you die and return, the graphics are messed up. (EG clouds). Smnall tile changes, before you meet the boss the room is indoors and there is no spikes. No sound effect on the rising beam.

-Flying Battery - Act two. No sound effect on Eggmans fire, or the machine swinging.