Sonic 30th Anniversary Symphony

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by grantpa, Jun 23, 2021.

1. Ch1pper

Ch1pper

Fighting the Battle of Who Could Care Less Member
    Life.
    ...You know there's, like, a lot of Sonic games right? And a lot of music to go with them. Just because they didn't represent one particular game in one particular instance doesn't mean they're suddenly erasing that game from all of existence. I think if Knuckles Chaotix gets the occasional reference (sans actual rerelease), pretty much anything in the games is fair play. They just can't realistically represent everything.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  2. Dek Rollins

Dek Rollins

size of a tangerine Member
    What does Seaside Hill have to do with Sonic 4?

3. To be fair, we got a medley / remix for Splash Hill on the official YouTube channel by Jun Senoue and Tee Lopes, and it is fucking amazing:

But yeah, it would be nice to have some Sonic 4, Sonic and the Secret Rings, Sonic Advance and Sonic Rush love on Symphony Anniversary. But... I can't complain, we got Tails' Adventure and Sonic Jam representation on Symphony.

4. Yeah I was surprised they even did a Sonic 3 medley, but disappointed that it was only like 2 tracks.. I would have killed to hear an orchestral version of Hydro City or Flying Battery

5. XCubed

XCubed

Will Someday Own a Rent-A-Center Oldbie
    LoL, you know I meant Splash Hill. I’m old and tired.

Btw, I expected something from Sonic 4 since it’s technically part of the “main” series originals. The Jun/Tee mix is great, but considering we have endless versions of Green Hill, it’s not out of the ordinary to have multiple remixes for other songs.

6. _Sidle

_Sidle

None of the Dimps games were featured anywhere.
    I'm less surprised that 4 was omitted, and moreso that Advance and Rush (the far more mainline-feeling games) were.