don't click here

Sonic Anniversary Symphony going worldwide

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by grantpa, Jun 23, 2021.

1. Blue Blood

Blue Blood

I'm pretty sure that they said from the start that it would be at the Brazil Game Show, with other dates to follow. It was mentioned in the latest Sonic Central. But that was the only place that I'm aware of it being mentioned...

2. As someone lives at Brazil, I regret not being there at all...

3. charcoal

charcoal

Be Cool, Be Wild, and Be Groovy Member
    That's so bizarre, I'm sure many many more paying customers would've shown up had this been actually announced... I don't live in Brazil but I feel really bad for all the Sonic fans who live there that're missing out on this simply because they had no way of knowing it was gonna happen. Maybe they originally were gonna announce it but something came up?

This whole thing is just strange, really.

4. Jason

Jason

*Results not lab tested. Member
    You are correct, my mistake.
    upload_2022-10-12_21-27-28.png
    Just kinda weird that there seemed to be no other advertising for it.

• Informative Informative x 4
    • List
  5. Blue Blood

Blue Blood

No arguments there. They mentioned it once in that underwhelming broadcast and then never again until about five minutes before the showing.

6. Someone recorded the full Sonic Symphony on BGS:

The footages were edited again by SamProcastinates.

Last edited: Oct 14, 2022
    • Like Like x 6
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  7. Snowbound

Snowbound

Huh, it took five years but I finally like fistbump. The orchestra and the live atmosphere does it for me. I hope they’re recording these shows. It would be cool to get fistbump and the frontiers medley on the official youtube. Speaking of the frontiers medley I really liked the ending orchestral snippet of I’m here. This reinforces my view that I’m here’s biggest issues are the vocals. I honestly would love an instrumental version of I’m here that maintains the game’s rock arrangement but replaces the vocals with strings or woodwinds… or adds strings and replaces the singer with someone else.

8. karlafalves

karlafalves

Gaia Gate Guard Member
    Brazil
    I was there.

I cried when it started (after all, it was Sonic Symphony starting its tour in my homeland).

I cried with STH2 Medley ("All Clear" live and orchestrated is deeply emotional).

I cried with Unleashed Medley (this game has a very special place in my heart).

I sang like crazy with "Fist Bump" live (by far, my favourite Sonic theme).

I sang like crazy with "City Escape" live (it was "City Escape". Period).

I was very happy to see Takashi Iizuka and Katie in person on the stage, after the concert.

And I loved to see so many Sonic fans there watching the concert, many in full costumes. I never imagined how popular Sonic is here.

All I can say to all the Sonic fans throughout the world is go and attend the concert when it comes near you. If you cried during the broadcast last year, like me, you'll certainly weep once more watching it live.

9. Hey man, I'm really glad you had fun! Wish I could be there as well, seens it was an awesome event. Maybe next time.

Honestly it was so cute seeing Takashi Iizuka saying "Obrigado!" (which means "Thank you").

10. nineko

nineko

I am the Holy Cat Tech Member
    italy
    Hey, they played some songs from the 8-bit games, including one of my favourites of all times, Sunset Park 3, nice.

11. Blue Blood

Blue Blood

Did you watch the symphony last year? That was already a part of it. You can catch the whole thing on YouTube and Spotify officially.

12. nineko

nineko

I am the Holy Cat Tech Member
    italy
    To be honest, I don't remember if I watched it or not, maybe I did and I simply forgot. In any case, thanks for the heads up.

13. Too bad they skipped SEGA Saturn Medley on this one, they even got a NiGHTS Into Dreams... reference.

14. qwertysonic

qwertysonic

creating the biggest sonic collection
    Do we have a tour schedule yet?

15. Deathscythe

Deathscythe

Are you saying the Brasil symphony had a NiGHTS reference despite excluding the SEGA Saturn, or that they excluded the SEGA Saturn medley that had a NiGHTS reference?

16. Yeah, I meant they excluded the SEGA Saturn Medley from 30th Anniversary Symphony that had a NiGHTS homenage.

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  17. qwertysonic

qwertysonic

creating the biggest sonic collection
    • Informative Informative x 2
    • List
  18. Londinium

Londinium

People actually read these? Member
    >world tour
    >only goes to London and Los Angeles

19. Jason

Jason

*Results not lab tested. Member
    The ticketing page mentions the tour extends into 2024, so these are likely the first announced, not the only. I bet the newsletter, which requires you put your location, will help determine where future dates will be.