don't click here

Sonic 3 & Knuckles Level Swap

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by RGamer2009, Oct 26, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bump for better viewage.

2. Overlord

Overlord

Now playable in Smash Bros Ultimate Moderator
    Long-term happiness
    And a nice end. =P I had no idea it was possible to make them use correct sprites for Doomsday as Tails and Knuckles - and yes, a novelty to hear a 1-up in Doomsday =P

Also, nice plug at the end. ;P

3. Vague Rant

Vague Rant

Deceptively cute Oldbie
    Hah, if only I'd got?ten (got?ten is a word, I can only assume the board filters it to "got" because someone is under the impression that it's bad English, when really it's been around for centuries, and while it's largely dropped from usage in Britain, it's still in popular usage in the US and Australia; Britons will tell you it's just another example of Americans corrupting the language, but they're wrong) interested in this a couple of days later. We were talking about the Tails/Knuckles in Doomsday thing in IRC a couple of days ago; I wasn't aware you could "lock" the characters to get the running animation instead of spastically moving around, hence this awkward looking shot I took for the channel:

[​IMG]

If anyone's interested, it's the first frame of Knuckles's edge animation, and he spends a lot of time doing it if you don't do the debug trick correctly as displayed by RGamer's video above.

Great work on this series, by the way, a lot of interesting stuff I wouldn't have seen otherwise, without having gone as in-depth with messing around in paths as you have. Appreciate the effort.

4. Overlord

Overlord

Long-term happiness
    Oddness that The Angel Island part works in S3 Alone but was broken in S&K. O_o They must have changed something when they were bolting S&K on that changed a previously unintentionally-working section (ie the screenlock for the Knuckles boss fight).

5. Jaseman

Jaseman

The programmer has a nap! Hold out! Programmer! Member
    Wow, what an awesome idea for a video. I've tried these before with much less success.

6. Overlord

Overlord

Long-term happiness
    Awesome sauce. Good, as usual =P

I love that Super snowboarding glitch. The board glows too XD

7. Endgame

Endgame

Formerly The Growler Member
    Great to see this series back again!

8. Overlord

Overlord

Long-term happiness
    Evil Metal Sonic XD

Nice to see this concluded, anyway. Full set, w00.

9. Evil Metal Sonic?

You say that as if there were a good Metal Sonic.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.