don't click here

Sonic 3 & Knuckles: Epilogue (SHC 2021 Demo)

Discussion in 'Engineering & Reverse Engineering' started by TheBlad768, Oct 11, 2021.

1. TheBlad768

TheBlad768

Russia
    • New version of the hack

At first I intended to post a quick update to fix some things I noticed after the release, but i thought it wouldn't exactly be fair to post the exact same thing after so many years.

So Hardline Team once again started work on the new version of the hack!

! Lots of fixes and corrections. We wanted to present you a completely different version of the 2018's hack with big updates, and although not everything has been achieved due to the time limit, I personally believe it's worth your time :)

We have tried our best and hope you would like all the hard work we've done.

About the hack:

If you enjoyed games like Contra The Hard Corps, The Adventures of Batman and Robin, Alien Soldier, Rocket Knight Adventures, Gunstar Heroes...This hack is made for you!

• Hardcore gameplay, tough bosses, unfair to the casual gamers.

Time Attack Set your own records, defeat bosses the fastest and improve your time.

SRAM No need to rewatch the cutscenes again and again - lots of your actions are saved, making it available to start the game right away from the options menu.

• New Sonium minigame A little parody of the game Paprium

• Secrets and easter eggs Can you find them all?

This hack is my original story.

"Sonic and Tails were able to return the Master Emerald, defeating Robotnik and putting an end to his vicious plans.

But this failure only fueled his desire for victory.

Now Robotnik will get his revenge. In blind rage he fights with full might and power, and the battle will be deadly!

Can our heroes stop Robotnik? It all depends on you..."

Extras

• Mode 1 support Enjoy the game with HQ music! FoxConED made badass themes specifically for this hack.

I've personally played on Mega Everdrive PRO with CD music. You can emulate the hack on RetroArch with Genesis Plus GX core. Unfortunately Kega Fusion seems to have troubles with Mode 1, which makes it unavailable to use.

(Day One patch might be released after SHC :D)

Credits

• Code: TheBlad768.
    • Music: FoxConED, Mr.Joker 27 Productions, N-BAH, mrcat-pixel.
    • Graphics: mrcat-pixel, TheBlad768, FoxConED, Tisakotu, Dolphman.
    • Beta testers: Narcologer, FoxConED, mrcat-pixel, Tisakotu, Vladikcomper.
    • English translation: mrcat-pixel, Hotmilk.

External Credits

• Debugger: Vladikcomper, AURORA☆FIELDS.
    • Ultra DMA Queue: Flamewing.
    • Sonic 2 Clone Driver v2: Clownacy.
    • CD Driver: Krikzz.
    • Genesis Emulator Detector: Ralakimus.

This hack was made in this source code.

! Known bugs

• Not all graphics have been adapted for new levels.

• Used music from Sonic Virtual Adventure.(We weren't able to update everything in time)

• Other small mistakes

Thanks for checking this out! :)

Screenshots:
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Video:

Download:

Link to SHC2021 entry: Sonic Hacking Contest :: The SHC2021 Contest :: Epilogue :: By Hardline Team

NoCD(MediaFire)

Last edited: Oct 15, 2021
  2. Sorry for late reply, as a musical sponsor of the project, I am still creating more songs for the game, we will be on hiatus for a while until we are ready to work on the hack.
    You know that in real life we also have tasks, so we will be inactive with the project until further notice.
    We will publish updates of the hack as soon as we have some progress, we are willing to take criticism and whoever wishes to contribute, write to us via PM, everything is welcome.
    Mr. Joker 27 Productions - Supporter musician from the project.
    Greetings.