don't click here

Sonic 3 HD

Discussion in 'Fangaming Discussion' started by Relick, Dec 26, 2011.

1. Robotnikclause

Robotnikclause

Banned
    Travis AFB, California
    Sonic the Hedgehog 3 Game Gear
    He has been somewhat odd with all those projects. Don't think he is doing all of them though. I'm doing Chaos HD, not him. Chaos HD will have a mostly unique team. I'd hate to be the cause of S3HD slowing down.

Just though I'd clear that up. The Chaos HD artist is also the artist for Triple Trouble HD.

But he isn't an idiot for taking on the 6 projects that he has. He is just a little ambitious. If someone here can get through to him, try to convince him to only work on one project for now, because I really suck at getting through to that guy.

2. ICEknight

ICEknight

Researcher Researcher
    He doesn't sound ambitious, he sounds delusional...

3. Robotnikclause

Robotnikclause

Banned
    Travis AFB, California
    Sonic the Hedgehog 3 Game Gear
    That's kind of harsh. All of the projects are at least making progress. Delusional would be starting some random out of the blue project and expecting it to work. The bad part of this thing is that S1HD got way too much attention, and the entire S1HD team was from S3HD.

4. ICEknight

ICEknight

Researcher Researcher
    I'm just being realistic.

6 projects at the same time? It's quite obvious that he won't finish all of them...

5. Relick

Relick

England
    C++/DX10 Engine (not sonic related)
    I agree with you entirely.

5 of them (as far as I know) don't even have engines at the moment; they intend to use a modified version of S3HD's engine - which won't be finished until S3HD is finished.

6. Flipside

Flipside

Yeah that might be overdoing it... Oh I almost forgot in that super hard mode where you play through those 5 games I was thinking of, the item boxes should go from activating in about 1 second to activating in 5 seconds. Don't ya hate when you spin dash into a ring box, you get killed by spikes, and as you're dieing, you see your rings go from 0 to 10 rings? :P

DO WANT. Make the shoes a little rounder tiped. Nice sketch.
    O_O That's awesome. If you made that, then good job.

winterhell, you might as well send me the template. Not sure if I'll do anything with it or not yet. I don't have any vector programs I can think of, but I got Photoshop.

I really wanted to program for Sonic 2 HD in C++, but I can't get far past the command prompt. Flash is so much easier to make games with. LOst wanted to make something unhackable, but I wanted something unbreakable, like if the game tries to open a missing or currupted file, the blue sphere music would start and the screen would say "specialstage04 not found. Sending you back..." or something.

Also, S3&K is more advanced than S1 or S2, but there are still alot of bugs to fix.

Oh and one more thing, when making the sprites, make sure Sonic's blue is really see-through. I think adding the blue later is the easiest way to implement Sonic's super sonic colors.

7. Relick

Relick

England
    While the guy who made that sketch has left the team (we have really bad luck regarding team members - of about 20 who joined only 1 maybe 2 have committed to the project enough to stay.), our current Sonic follows that basic model drawn up by Sonica. You won't be disappointed with it.

We didn't, but it is good inspiration.

8. Kaieo

Kaieo

Played it, got to say It looks wonderful in HD. I'm sure we are all aware of Sonic's sprite going back to 16bit when swinging on the pole and when going up the vines you can get stuck upside down and some textures 16bit too but It will probably be fixed when there is a final release. I think this has a lot of potential, keep at it! :3

9. Relick

Relick

England
    Thanks for the feedback. Don't want to say too much about what we have so far, but I can say we are finally making some actual progress now that we have more artists. It only took 6 months or so to get them >.<

Also if you didn't know yet, everything you see in that demo will not be in the final game at all.

EDIT: I've probably jinxed it now haven't I :(

10. winterhell

winterhell

Basically we took the feedback for the tech demo and combined it with our experience so far, and we hope the results are going to be worth it.