don't click here

Sonic 3: D.A. Garden Edition

Discussion in 'Engineering & Reverse Engineering' started by D.A. Garden, Oct 19, 2015.

1. D.A. Garden

D.A. Garden

Sonic CD's Sound Test Member
    It seems that I have broken something in version 1.03. Well, at least it doesn't affect gameplay. That's something. I replaced the code for the credits text, which seems to have fixed it, but I'm not too sure.

I also still can't watch that video, either. I presume it's quite big (as it's still processing) or something wrong has happened?

Do you want a ROM that fixes the issue, or do you want to leave it as-is?

EDIT: Seems I was messing around with something and didn't revert it during the update to Version 1.02. My apologies. It was an easy fix, as well.

EDIT 2: The previous link to version 1.02 has been updated to fix this one issue. It should no longer happen.

2. RazoZen

RazoZen

Moscow
    Sonic 3: D.A. Garden Edition is so well made, I'll play it as often as vanilla Sonic 3 & Knuckles.
    I am planning to beat your hack as Tails and Knuckles in the future. So stay tuned for that :)/>/>

P.S.: There was one weird thing I spotted playing Marble Garden Zone:

P.P.S.: This was funny :D
    [​IMG]

3. D.A. Garden

D.A. Garden

Sonic CD's Sound Test Member
    Thanks for the kind words. I'm glad you enjoyed it. Seeing a Knuckles playthrough in the future intrigues me, as he has a lot of unique layout sections to explore. Looking forward to it.

The Marble Garden Zone issue I am aware of. The thing is, those spindash machines are placed properly, but due to the strange collision on them, sometimes you can push them from behind like that, and other times you'll walk over them with no issues. If I place the object a bit lower, however, you can the push the ground on the left side when coming from the right. It's such a minor issue, however, that I don't see the need to change it.

The Angel Island Zone issue is due to an issue with the chunks I used and the chunks available. Angel Island Zone Act 1 in particular is a nightmare to work with, and so I did the best I could. A few small layering issues do exist as a result, but these things are to be expected.

4. Tempest

Tempest

Perth, Western Australia
    A Sonic 3 & Knuckles level layout change
    I have to say I'm a huge fan of these new levels, D.A. Garden. As others have said, it feels like an extended edition of S3K. And unlike other S3K fan games, it's actually one I want to go back and replay to find all the secrets. You've even inspired me to go back and resdesign my gimped layout for of Angel Island Act 1, which, as you said, is a huge pain to rework. I agree that while I really enjoy the level layouts, there are parts that lack the original's flow but this hardly spoils the game. And you've paced the new special stages well, making my redesigns look far too hard.

I've had a few issues with going back through loops, especially with Knuckles and mostly in Hydrocity. At least Knuckles and Tails can glide/fly over them.

Anyway, you've made this long time S3K fan haapy. Well done.