don't click here

Sonic 2D Blast?

Discussion in 'Engineering & Reverse Engineering' started by Soselocke, Nov 5, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 87th

87th

FOX HOUNDER Member
    Not appreciated.

2. synchronizer

synchronizer

Custom Spring Stadium tiles:
    [​IMG]

3. [​IMG]

Just a mock-up, really. I'll work on it, make the banner read 'Blast: Flickies Island, or something. Also, seen as it is gonna be 2D, shoud I remove the prerendering, and make it more like the title screens from the other Mega Genisis games, or leave it? Finally, can someone tell me if the title screen is just one sprte, because if it's gonna be ported, then I might need to break bits off.

EDIT: That's awesome synchronizer! But they look too... seperate, partcullarly the large ones.

4. synchronizer

synchronizer

5. Sik

Sik

Sik is pronounced as "seek", not as "sick". Tech Member
    being an asshole =P
    I guess they're meant to look completely squarish from that viewpoint =P

6. Titan

Titan

UK
  7. well, what I meant was...

Here's what it is, the graphics look so 3D because the colours are slowly changing pixel by pixel. What I thought we could do was remove the stray pixels, so that it looks more 3D. Look closer at the logo to see what I mean, if you understand.

EDIT: MuteKi and myself were discussing the name in the IRC. He thinks that 'Sonic 2D' is not a good name choice because there have been previous 2D games without 2D in there names. I think it should stay, as it kind of shows that it is a 2D rendition of the 3D game. We also discussed that 'Blast' and 'Flickies Island' might become contraversial, because diffrent people have diffrent views on the better name (which is why I have tried to put both in, but haven't posted it yet). So, it would be good to know which name most people like.
    • Sonic 2D Blast: Flickies Island
    • Sonic 2D Blast
    • Sonic 2D: Flickies Island
    • Sonic Blast: Flickies Island
    • Sonic: Flickies Island
    • Sonic Blast (maybe not...)
    Give reasons, and remember, don't just choose one because it is your area's name.

8. Ollie

Ollie

DIGGY DIGGY HOLE Member
    Well obviously, name wise... You want to call it "2D" since that's the whole point of the project. I don't see why you don't just call it Sonic 2D: Flickies' Island, or Sonic 2D Blast, depends where you come from. :( So it's basically the original name but with 2D replacing 3D. :)

9. Titan

Titan

UK
    I think "Sonic 2D Blast: Flickies Island" probably works best as it incorporates both of the titles, Flickies Island can always be in smaller text at the bottom or something.

10. Aka Mekon

Aka Mekon

AKA The best Member
    France
    No, I'm just sit on a chair =p
    Why don't we use a Sonic 1-looking title screen ? I think it can work, because we are making Sonic 3D in 2D. Just a thought.

11. Icewarrior

Icewarrior

I'm a member of S.T.A.R.S !!11!!!1!! Member
  12. Titan

Titan

UK
  13. [​IMG]
    Ok, I'm guessing some people didn't get what I mean. This is what I intended to do. You can see that Sonic's head looks a bit flatter, because I simplified the rendering. However, it didn't quite go as well as I had hoped, so I will stop unless this gets positive remarks.

Also, I can't be bothered playing through this game, so is there any way someone can get me a savestate, .giz, etc. for each level? Just so I can get a better look around.

14. nineko

nineko

I am the Holy Cat Tech Member
    italy
    Level select. B, A, right, A, C, up, down, A (baracuda)

15. So they were smarter than I thought....

Thanks, nineko, I had no idea there was a level select.

16. 87th

87th

FOX HOUNDER Member
    "Blast Flickies' Island" sounds like a destructive order, like "Nuke the Whales" or something.

17. Retro_Stew

Retro_Stew

French Twitch Gamer Member
    France
    Twitch channel
    So Claude François is known outside France? Funny =)

18. Icewarrior

Icewarrior

I'm a member of S.T.A.R.S !!11!!!1!! Member
    Sure, why not?

19. Titan

Titan

UK
    Actually...yeah I didn't notice that, we probably shouldn't go with that then :P
    In that case, isn't "Sonic 2D Blast" perfectly fine as the title?

20. I could just shove a colon in you know :P

As I said, the name is contraversial, because of area diffrences, but both you and me are British, Titan, and we both prefer Blast. :|

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.