Sonic 25th Anniversary Art Book announced

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by TimmiT, Oct 7, 2016.

1. Blue Blood

Blue Blood

Anyone with problems, I implore you to get in contact with C&B. These kinds of companies pride themselves on collectibles worthy of the premium price tags, so you'll normally find they'll take care of you if something is amiss.

2. Andrew75

Andrew75

Technical Artist Member
    Project AXSX(Sonic Xtreme) + Misc Projects
    The concept art!
    [​IMG]

And the final result!
    Sonic CD Presented in 4KHD RESOLUTION!
    [​IMG]

3. KingOfBunnies

KingOfBunnies

4. ICEknight

ICEknight

Researcher Researcher
    Any word on the Wikipedia plagiarism being replaced by actual research? :V

5. HedgeHayes

HedgeHayes

Back on track Member
    Bilbao, Spain
    Upgrading my own life to pro edition
    it also appears on EU Sega Shop now, I haven't checked which version but I suppose it'll be the newer one. BTW, I'm not getting the new one unless they trade it with the old one for free or sell the extra content as a separate thing for the people who already bought the first version.

6. big smile

big smile

Oldbie
    This new book is low, especially because they talked about the first book being a limited run.
    "Hey, loyal supporters who bought our first book, which was pretty underwhelming and poorly designed, buy it again to get the full product."
    And it looks like they are still giving full pages to the stock art, and putting the interesting sketches as tiny thumbnails.

They could at least do a PDF type deal for people who purchased book 1.

7. RyogaMasaki

RyogaMasaki

0xffffffff Oldbie
    Welp that's a definite purchase. I wish it ended at the Dreamcast era while still maintaining the same size, though.

Edit: ehhh, nevermind, it does look like lots of standard art and screenshots as opposed to really interesting stuff. Oh well.

8. Blue Blood

Blue Blood

It's nice that this is getting a reprint for all those who may have missed it originally, but I don't be supporting the producers on this. It's pretty egregious to do this to the fans who supported the original, limited edition run.

Don't get me wrong, I dislike making products limited edition from the offset because it's unfair to those unaware or unable to purchase the product for the short time that it's available. I'd rather they were just made to meet demand. But the fact is that this was a limited edition product that was sold as such. I wouldn't have bought it if there wad the slightest indication that an updated version was ever on the cards.

9. MrMechanic

MrMechanic

Sigh... I took the bait and ordered it.

But looking at the detail I'm... Well, the feeling is somewhere between not as excited and kinda regretting the order.

10. OcelotBot

OcelotBot

Scooty-Puff Jr sucks! Member
    I also purchased the orginal version and it does feel like a bit of a kick-in-the-teeth that they're releasing another version so soon with extra content.

We got a fuck-ton of Mania's art/concept art in the art-book included with Mania Plus' physical release, so I'll be very surprised if the updated version includes any new Mania art. So I'll pass.