Sonic 2: Tag Team

Discussion in 'Engineering & Reverse Engineering' started by Alriightyman, Aug 26, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. aledTH

aledTH

La la laaaaa~ Member
    <!--quoteo(post=345781:date=Aug 31 2009, 02:55 PM:name=Hanoch)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Hanoch @ Aug 31 2009, 02:55 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=345781">[​IMG]</a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->I hope it could turn out into a 2d style sonic heroes.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Yes, but don't use too much Sonic Heroes stuff, or it will end up like, umm, Sonic Heroes.

2. muteKi

muteKi

Fuck it Member
    <!--quoteo(post=345801:date=Aug 31 2009, 11:29 AM:name=aledTH)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (aledTH @ Aug 31 2009, 11:29 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=345801">[​IMG]</a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=345781:date=Aug 31 2009, 02:55 PM:name=Hanoch)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Hanoch @ Aug 31 2009, 02:55 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=345781">[​IMG]</a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->I hope it could turn out into a 2d style sonic heroes.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Yes, but don't use too much Sonic Heroes stuff, or it will end up like, umm, Sonic Heroes.
    <!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

:colbert:

I'll say what Jay said recently because I agree with it so much:
    <!--quoteo--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->I'm a pretty vocal supporter of Sonic Heroes, but I do feel its levels were a little too long.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

That's the primary issue I have with the game's design -- the second is the (general) lack of opportunities for exploration. Anything else is irrelevant since you're not actually using the game's engine.

3. Jayextee

Jayextee

Monochrome Cat Game Guy™ Member
    Atro City
    I DONE MAKED GAMES.
    In support of muteKi:

Fuck yeah, Sonic Heroes. :P

Seriously, if there's areas with absolutely no choice but to switch characters to progress it would be a good thing. After all, what good is implementing a gimmick if it's purely optional? May as well just play Sonic 2.

Sonic Heroes did the neat thing of making each character pace differently - which did get old when the level were so huge with no real changes in tempo from rapidly switching formations to hit the switches or whatever - and a similar thing would be worth doing here. Exaggerate the fuck out of the character's abilities.

I'd personally even go as far as to make Tails completely unable to attack; making him more the puzzle-solver for obstacles, and switching to Sonic is order of the day for clearing an area. Think how this could be used for unique gameplay: take ARZ's boss, and make the totems only shoot the highest arrows + Sonic having a lower jump (something like Knuckles' height) = an old boss must be tackled in a brand new way.

Just trying to provide food for thought. ;)

4. xcliber

xcliber

How bout the ability to switch characters while flying? There were several instances where I could have had Tails carry Sonic up and then switch to Sonic and have him jump off at a ledge or something.

I actually liked Sonic Heroes and think it would be an awesome idea to make a 2D version of the game out of this. You know people are going to love it even if they say the idea sucks right now. Then again, I have seen quite a few tough critics on this site. :(

5. djdocsonic

djdocsonic

Testing YOUR Hacks Since 2005... Member
    Emerald Hill Zone
    Looking for a Rom Hack to Test.
    Oh My god!! this has got to be one of the coolest things I've seen done to a Sonic Game alongside MegaMix and Extended Edition! The way in which you have pulled this off is incredible!!!

DJ

6. aledTH

aledTH

La la laaaaa~ Member
    To be honest, I haven't had the chance to try this out.
    I'm trying this now.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.