don't click here

Sonic 2 on XBox Live

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Zephyr, Aug 24, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Zephyr

Zephyr

US
    Stupid question to ask here I know, but I'm curious to know who has it and when/how often they play it online.

Basically, I need some people to play against.

After trying to find matches all day I managed to find one. That's it. Sort of disappointing, as I love me some Vs. mode in that game. Unfortunately none of my RL friends bother to play it with me because its not a grimdark shootan gaem.

2. I have it =)

Unfortunately, I don't play it online anymore since it was sooo rare to ever find anyone playing, and every time I did find a match, it would lag to the point where it's unplayable.

But, I'll be glad to play you sometime =)

3. JaxTH

JaxTH

Pudding Deity Oldbie
    Los Angeles
    Jack shit.
    I have it.

Don't really play it much but it's there if I'm itching to play some Sonic 2.

4. Neowl

Neowl

feels good man Member
    London, England
    SAIL HATAN
    I have it, and will be willing to play online some time, would be nice to have some decent competition for a change.

5. FozzY2K

FozzY2K

Fozzcat Member
    I'll be up for playing some! It gives me a reason to get XBL gold membership again -.-;

6. Skyler

Skyler

Neonネオン Cowgirlカウガール Site Staff
    Hellafornia
    The next audtion
    Eh, I have Sonic & Knuckles. :rolleyes:

7. I have it, if someone needs to cheat to get the Xbox Live Racer and All Multiplayer achievements. >.>

8. TimmiT

TimmiT

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Member
    If you want to play the XBLA version online, prepare for lag!

9. Bozo

Bozo

I have it. I used to play it a lot (im ranked like 8th or something xD) but it kinda died. Every once in a while you'll get a match, but not really too often.

Also, if you aren't hosting, you will lag a lot.

10. Jaseman

Jaseman

The programmer has a nap! Hold out! Programmer! Member
    I have it. I need to find my mic.

Gamertag's *shudder* injunsteveoboan
    I wish I could change that, but the idiot that sold me the xbox didn't give me user/pass, so I cannot change it :/. The live until Febuary is what's keeping me with my account.

11. Lyrica

Lyrica

(Formerly: Donnyku) Oldbie
    Pennsylvania
    Wedding Planning
    I have it, but the 360 is in pieces under the bed

12. Mad Echidna

Mad Echidna

Gone Oldbie
    I have it, but the only person that ever plays with me is Aquaslash, and it's horribly lopsided since whoever is hosting gets full speed but the second player lags like hell.

I've had some good times on XBL with Sonic 2 though, there was the one match I had with some kid I met on there and we were laughing our asses off because he somehow managed to teleport me into a wall, and then later on I actually telefragged him

13. DigitalDuck

DigitalDuck

Arriving four years late. Member
    Lincs, UK
    TurBoa, S1RL
    I have it, but I never play it, and mainly because of the lag.

Surely they could've done something (yeah, I know, SEGA/Backbone) to at least reduce the lag; if I can play against 15 other people on Halo 3 without noticeable lag, then I should be able to play against one other person on Sonic 2 without it taking a full second between me pressing the jump button and Tails jumping.

14. Doppelgengar

Doppelgengar

I have it, and I also play it very rarely.

15. Yuzu

Yuzu

I have it, however my broken Xbox kind of stops me from playing the game, I never really had a problem finding a match in the game compared to Streets of Rage 2, which was alive for the first 2 weeks before completely dying off. And it's a shame, because Streets of Rage 2 had a little less lag than Sonic 2, it still lagged but it was a hell of a lot more playable than Super Street Fighter II: Hyper Fighting.

16. Zephyr

Zephyr

US
    Thanks for all of the responses.

Damn, it lags? Goddamn it Sega! I didn't notice since I was hosting I guess. That's probably why I had such a one sided victory.

I'm still down to give it a try with someone else hosting, just to see this abomination for myself.

Gamertag's Dylan Narr. I'll get started on adding you guys. :)

17. I have it, and I still need the multiplayer achievement. I've only ever played one online match ever, and it didn't even finish.

I kinda avoid the 360 version due to the lack of cheating/hacking possibilities and the slight button lag, not to mention it looks hideous on a 50 inch plasma screen. So much pixelation, and the smoothing option doesn't help much...

My Gamertag is down there, yo

v v v v

18. Diablohead

Diablohead

Indie dev Oldbie
    Near London
    games
    It lags for player 2 who is off-host, depending how far apart the players are the delay is big or small.

TBH I can play fine as tails as I've played the game so much that I get use to the delay rather quickly, if you want someone to play feel free to contact me on live, but please invite me to the game and I'll join if I can, someone on this forum over a year ago added me to play sonic 2 but then never contacted me to play then a month later I got some lovely hate messages from them because I did not play sonic 2 with them lol, his own fault.

19. Jen

Jen

#lapidot Moderator
    England
    Various drawings
    I have the game, and I'm also looking for people to play against (I still don't have that multiplayer achievement, for a start; there's literally never anyone online to play it with whenever I try looking). My gamertag is in my signature if you want to add me.

20. M'kay, I've added the two people who said they wanted to get the achievements.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.