don't click here

Sonic 2 (Movie) Spoiler/Discussion Topic (Stay away if you don't want to be spoiled)

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Sonic Warrior TJ, Mar 30, 2022.

1. jubbalub

jubbalub

#1 Sonic Superstars defender Member
    upload_2022-4-20_20-53-12.png

The sets were practical

2. Starduster

Starduster

Can bench press at least two Sonic the Hedgehogs Member
    Britain
    Fighting my procrastination addiction
    Man, that’s great to see. Despite the advances in CG, practical sets still just provide a sense of grounding that I don’t feel CG has yet fully captured. Hope to see this trend continue with Sonic 3.

3. Levi Church

Levi Church

Icon art is made by FullmetalDubs Member
    • Informative Informative x 4
    • List
  4. Starduster

Starduster

Britain
    I mean, sure they’re referencing the rogues, but it doesn’t mean they *are* them. We have no idea what those dudes really look like under those masks. They could just be humans for all we know.

5. Levi Church

Levi Church

Icon art is made by FullmetalDubs Member
    Yeah I know, I just wanted to make a dumb joke.

6. Xiao Hayes

Xiao Hayes

Classic Eggman art Member
    I thought they were worshippers of the owls or something like that, and Knux would have blasted them if doc didn't but was late to the party. However, involving the Babylon civilization sounds good for future movies, owls could have been part of that civilization but sought for a new home when they saw their country would do something like the echidnas ended up doing.

7. Fadaway

Fadaway

A couple other things I noticed about the movie:

-We know of SA-2 markings Easter egg as that's been mentioned quite a bit, but during the scene in which Jim Carrey is floating out of the coffee shop and turing everything into scrap metal, one vehicle has the marking ‘23’ which might be an Easter egg reference for his movie The Number 23.

-When Jim Carrey appears at Sonic's house near the beginning, he says, ‘Hello hedgehog. Did you miss me?’ Is there any possibility this is a reference to the 1995 Mortal Kombat movie where Kano walks through the door before fighting Sonya and says, ‘Hello baby. Did you miss me?’

8. Linkabel

Linkabel

I think they're supposed to be bounty hunters that captured Knuckles and then he hired to work for him to look for Sonic.

I haven't read the comic though so I might be wrong.

9. Antheraea

Antheraea

Bug Hunter Member
    I am both laughing my ass off that a movie about dimension-hopping talking animals got more practical sets than the average Marvel film, and in awe that we actually get this amount of effort for a live action movie about Sonic.

10. Flare

Flare

For someone that spends a lot of time during films wondering how they shot them, this was great to see.

So... Paramount... when do we all get to visit Labyrinth zone?

11. foXcollr

foXcollr

Resident Dolphin Member
    US
    JUST WALKED OUT OF THE THEATER AND HOLY SHIT GUYS

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • List
  12. Sorry this is sort of promotional but I think this is relevant to this thread's interest. We interviewed Pat Casey, one of the screenwriters, on our podcast and talked about Iizuka's involvement with the story development (they were involved), Angel Island's presence in earlier drafts (it was there), cut character cameos, Mobius, chaos energy, Shadow, and quite a bit more.

Interview starts at about 7 mins in:

• Informative Informative x 4
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  13. Starduster

Starduster

Britain
    Can’t believe you gave him that question that consisted entirely of extended media OCs, you heartless gits.