don't click here

Sonic 2 mobile control problem

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Mandelbrot, Jan 9, 2020.

1. Mandelbrot

Mandelbrot

Hey guys, so I recently redownloaded sonic 2 for android, and I'm having a problem.

Short version: The buttons (as I will refer to them) release themselves even when my finger is still on them.

Long version: If you press the left button, and then you press the right button while still holding the left button, then release the left button while still holding the right button, the right button will release itself, even if you are still holding it. (This also goes vice versa.)

It sounds like a minor inconvenience but it's been a surprisingly huge issue for me. I have a much harder time landing jumps than I normally do and trying to play as tails or knuckles is UNBEARABLE.

Here's a video of the problem in action, pay attention to the buttons and how they are sometimes, for lack of a better word, "synchronized":

Strangely enough, I had the paid version a couple years back and it DID NOT HAVE THIS PROBLEM. The problem also happens in sonic 1, but not sonic CD. Is there any way I can fix this?

And for those wondering, I checked and the version I'm playing is 1.2.0.

2. Here's something funky: When you hold left, hold right, then release left while holding right, right stops (and vise versa), correct? Well,if you're still holding right as it stops and then you press left again, Sonic will start moving right. :psyduck:

Up and down has this same issue, or even if you try a combination of directions. It's really strange.

3. Mandelbrot

Mandelbrot

Yeah, it's like that, but instead of up and down, it's the d pad and the jump button.

I dont even know how you would press up and down at the same time lol

4. LockOnRommy11

LockOnRommy11

I used to have this problem with Sonic 1 on Android and iPhone. I can’t play it anymore because they’ve got some shit free-play option that bombards me with adverts and makes me agree for SEGA to steal my cookies and sell my data for playing a retro game, but anyway, I recall that flipping the phone used to solve the problem for some reason.

5. Mandelbrot

Mandelbrot

Tried this, did not work for me : (

6. Diablohead

Diablohead

Indie dev Oldbie
    Near London
    games
    I don't remember there being touch issues when I played them but it would not shock me if the sega forever versions messed something up, they always do.

7. Donnyron

Donnyron

I don't have this issue, but I don't like touch controls very much! So to fix this, I got a USB adapter (I'm on Samsung J6+ so I got a Micro USB-B to USB-A adapter, but your phone may be different) and use a controller instead! This won't fix the touch controls, but I'm sure you'd have more luck playing with accurate input.