don't click here

Sonic 2 HD General

Discussion in 'Fangaming Discussion' started by Lanzer, Jun 24, 2014.

1. Awesome, looking forward to this. What I really hoped that would happen is that SEGA would pick this up and help them finish.

So chemical plant, hill top and emerald hill? I'd love an easter egg where every hill top tree designed was in the level, that would be too good.

2. kullenberg

kullenberg

Cool to see my concept art for CPZ come alive.

3. Black Squirrel

Black Squirrel

no reverse gear Wiki Sysop
    Northumberland, UK
    steamboat wiki
  4. Overlord

Overlord

Now playable in Smash Bros Ultimate Moderator
    Long-term happiness
    One would hope the new programmer entirely junked LOst's engine and started from scratch.

5. Mastered Realm

Mastered Realm

-
    It seems to be the case. Even the fade-outs are different. It seems to be lower quality, though. Lost's engine was really well built.

6. Lapper

Lapper

Lappering Tech Member
    England
    Sonic Studio, Sonic Physics Guide, Kyle & Lucy, Freedom Planet 2
    What fade-outs?

Don't think any engine fades are shown, fade-outs in that video are video editing.

7. CorralSummer

CorralSummer

Sonic 2 HD
    The fade outs are done in video editing not the engine.
    And the quality is due to youtube's compression, unless you mean something else.

[​IMG]
    Also there is this wallpaper.

8. WhoWhatWhenWhale

WhoWhatWhenWhale

To be fair, hedgehogs are known for having about (high number) spines. So Sonic is either nearly bald, or his "spines" are made up of a ton of tiny spines that clump together to look like 7-8 big spines that can change based on post, which would explain the inconsistent spine number, or as I call it, "Schrodinger's Hedgehog and also something about a cat too I guess".

I think I may have gotten carried away with my semi-sarcastic joke reply to a semi-sarcastic joke criticism.

9. Felik

Felik

That cpz bg is so beautiful. Also that Tails animation is the cutest thing ever.

10. 360

Light Vision Overdrive Oldbie
    United Kingdom
    Sonic Neon
    Looking quite good and a new demo release is awesome news. September 30 is not far away. Quite an amazing year for Sonic, what with two official games releasing and also this.

Looking forward to trying the demo. Three zones playable confirmed?

11. Jason

Jason

*Results not lab tested. Member
    Psst, Aaron and Sergio, time to get these guys noticed for Sonic Mania 2 :v:.

12. CorralSummer

CorralSummer

Sonic 2 HD
    Yup. 3 zones. 15 days. There is still a lot we need to get done before the 30th.

I'd love to work on a mania 2!

13. Effexor

Effexor

JUSTICE Member
    I can't wait to see the Hill Top trees in motion. Months of debate finally realised. :v:

14. Beltway

Beltway

The most grateful Sonic fan of all time this week Member
    Sega of Darkest Peru
    Artwork and classes
    The aesthetic IMO still looks a bit too gaudy / "Flash"-esque (reminds me of that Monster Boy game coming soon) but otherwise it still looks really good. The backgrounds and added animation frames to everything in particular looks really fantastic.

Seconding this. I like and have made my peace with Mania's Saturn-era approach, but I still want to see a new classic Sonic game with modern visuals. These guys would definitely be good candidates for the job.

15. minichapman

minichapman

I'd like to think I'll be imparting words of wisdo Member
    United Kingdom
    Staying sane.
    It lives again!......again.......again.

What would be pretty cool to do when everything is finished would be to recreate either the S2 Mania levels or the Generations Act 1 of CPZ.

I also concur that there needs to be a *HACK DETECTION* Easter egg. Perhaps by entering the Knuckles level select maybe.

16. Ayu Tsukimiya

Ayu Tsukimiya

UGUU~ Member
    Every time I think this thing is dead, it comes back with something cool enough to make me hype. The overhauled background for CPZ is easily the best out of anything I've seen so far.

Either that or somehow get this project picked up by Sega officially. We need hand-drawn HD versions of all the classic games, after all. :specialed:

17. Frostav

Frostav

Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeugh no, Mania's spritework is amazing and honestly this project doesn't even look that good compared to it--especially when you take Studiopolis, Press Garden, and Mirage Saloon into account.

18. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    Wow I'm shocked, I never expected an actual release for this again. Really looking forward to this!

*up down left right a start* :v:

19. LukyHRE

LukyHRE

The only one who has a Portal-themed avatar Member
    Buenos Aires, Argentina
    Bitching and complaining about my country -.-'
    Will the soundtrack Tee made for the original project be used? Or is it entirely new?

20. I can't help thinking that the trailer feels a bit derivative from the Mania trailers (old footage with blip blop music, reimagined stuff, by the fans for the fans, etc.). Still cool though!