don't click here

Sonic 2 Dimps Edition

Discussion in 'Engineering & Reverse Engineering' started by Spanner, Jul 27, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Blue Blood

Blue Blood

Why did you have to spindash up that slope? Shouldn't there be a dash panel or something?

2. I feel this isn't over-the-top enough for general gaming audiences. It's probably entertaining a lot of people here, so I guess it depends on who you're aiming for, but I'd personally like to see a stage that plays itself entirely.

3. MarkeyJester

MarkeyJester

Original, No substitute Resident Jester
    Japan
    So I played it on Hardware, and to understand what it was like, would be to say... "I don't find it fun getting stuck in walls because of multiple speedboosters in CPZ", seriously, I had to reset the thing twice, and with no level select, it became a bit frustrating =P

Nice work, though agreed, more linier layout and control over the player would be nice =)

4. jasonchrist

jasonchrist

Give Us A Wank Banned
    Sonic Classic Hybrid Project
    I will say that I sincerely enjoyed Advance 1, but while the rest of the games were pretty shit they did have fabulous music. Better than 1 and CD though? No fucking chance! Yeah, I know "opinions" and all that jazz, but it's almost like saying a Hyundai is a more thrilling drive than a Ferrari.

SOTI, if you're making boss acts will you also be making a 3rd normal act too? And yes to more bubbles sections! They really do make this DIMPS experience even more authentic.

5. VB.NET

VB.NET

United States
    Learning C++
    Are you going to have an irritating DIMPS bottomless pit area at the end of each stage? Also, do you plan to implement Rush/Sonic 4 style uncurling? Or are you keeping the standard curling to avoid too much raging?
    (I never understood why uncurling randomly began in Rush when the Advance games were fine in that aspect).

6. Spanner

Spanner

The Tool Member
    I have reached out to my contacts and as such, Ken Balough has reviewed Sonic 2 Dimps Edition!

+ - Well, not Balough, Moonshadow Caz. Still great though!  

7. Sparks

Sparks

Sondro Gomez / Kyle & Lucy
    [​IMG]

Ross I love your grid. :v:

8. Effexor

Effexor

JUSTICE Member
    More Bubbles to make it more DIMPS authentic? No. Sonic 4 authentic, yeah, but I can't remember any DIMPS Sonic game (save for Unleashed Wii) to have homing attack chains (mainly because the Homing Attack was more of an easter egg than a required move in their games).

9. Blue Blood

Blue Blood

That was too fucking funny. Good job, guys.

10. MarkeyJester

MarkeyJester

Original, No substitute Resident Jester
    Japan
    And 2:12 would be my favourite part, hillarious to watch in general though.

11. Otama Sanshiro

Otama Sanshiro

~Phantom of Blue~ Member
    That's it, now you need a TV commercial to seal the deal!

12. Skyler

Skyler

Neonネオン Cowgirlカウガール Site Staff
    Hellafornia
    The next audtion
    You like me! You really, really like me! :D

13. Kurosan

Kurosan

Samurai of Gaming Oldbie
    Yes, actually; that was fucking awesome!

14. jasonchrist

jasonchrist

Give Us A Wank Banned
    Sonic Classic Hybrid Project
    He did a fucking excellent impression there! Great job!

15. Selbi

Selbi

The Euphonic Mess Member
    Northern Germany
    Sonic ERaZor
    Dude, seriously, at first I thought this was a serious interview by a serious person of Dimps. Just brilliant, fucking brilliant. =)

16. Namo

Namo

take a screenshot of your heart Member
    Hello. Hell-fuckin-o.

I thoroughly enjoyed each portable Sonic game. They all had unique aspects to them, which made them good, just not great. I wouldn't go so far as to say that they're better than the originals, or for that matter, in the same tier, but they were good games generally.

17. Zephyr

Zephyr

US
    Needs moar boosters and troll pits. Sonic shouldn't be able to have to stop moving unless he hits a badnik or falls into a pit. Now that would truly live up to the standard Dimps has set. :colbert:

Seriously though, this has had me tickled pink for a good hour now.

18. Skyler

Skyler

Neonネオン Cowgirlカウガール Site Staff
    Hellafornia
    The next audtion
    Don't tempt me. :argh:

19. TCKaos

TCKaos

Nice video. I nearly died when y'know, that secret surprise was mentioned. I can't spoil it, though.

20. God you guys are horrible. A few speed boosters here and there in the original (You know, CPZ) wouldn't hurt, but man. I'm not even going to touch this.

AS YOU IMAGINED IT.

Edit:

Seriously though, Homing attack in 2D isn't bad, you know, Megamix had it, and used properly it works just fine.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.