don't click here

Sonic 2 Dimps Edition

Discussion in 'Engineering & Reverse Engineering' started by Spanner, Jul 27, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Runner

Runner

Long time no see, old friend. Member
    don't forget about sonic rolling after the dashpads and the unroll after the ramps.

2. Spanner

Spanner

The Tool Member
    I already said that the rolling wasn't being implemented.

EDIT: Here's something a few people will appreciate:

3. Tweaker

Tweaker

Banned
    Hah! Oh my god, that's amazing.

4. Dude

Dude

Tech Member
    Southbridge, MA
    Random VR/AR trash
    yeah it is, this hack just keeps getting better and better? well you know what I mean.

5. Willie

Willie

Each day the world turns Laugh 'til it all burns Member
    Hahahahahaha. Excellent placement of those enemies.

6. Blue Blood

Blue Blood

It's just like the real thing! Hahaha!

7. Azookara

Azookara

yup Member
    I approve of this game. It is officially the way Sonic 2 SHOULD have been. :colbert:

No really, this is hilarious. I can't wait to enjoy this in an effort to wash away my feelings that this is actually how Sonic 4 will play. D:

8. Selbi

Selbi

The Euphonic Mess Member
    Northern Germany
    Sonic ERaZor
    When I fixed that bubbles enemy, I didn't expect this. The result however makes it even more hilarious. xD

9. VB.NET

VB.NET

United States
    Learning C++
    Ok, sorry. The Bubbles video made me laugh and will make playing Sonic 4 a lot more fun too.

10. Spanner

Spanner

The Tool Member
    Okay, I have the First Release done. There might be a few bugs, if you notice anything strange or you can't get past a part even with using the homing attack, let me know. I've made a few minor edits to accomodate the slight physics changes, but other than that the level layout is usually intact aside from adding the speed boosters. The Continue system has also been removed except from the end of level results part, which I am intending to replace it with an extra life if I can figure out where to put it.

The download along with other shit can be found here.

11. Willie

Willie

In Sonic 4, there's no continues but it has a save system. Does this version of Sonic 2 have a save system?

12. Spanner

Spanner

The Tool Member
    No. SRAM isn't implemented in this hack.

13. Willie

Willie

Then why take out continues? They were taken out of Sonic 4 because the save system rendered it pointless.

14. Spanner

Spanner

The Tool Member
    Because I felt like doing it. It's not that hard to bring the system back anyway.

15. nineko

nineko

I am the Holy Cat Tech Member
    italy
    I played. I laughed. Nice work.
    My only minor complaint is that the homing attack works only with the C button, but I'll live.

Here is a screenshot I am suggesting in case you'll want to put it on the wiki:
    [​IMG]

edit: actually, Sonic_2_Dimps_Edition. I only made the stub, though. Someone else should add some beef.

16. Effexor

Effexor

JUSTICE Member
    Played it, beat it, laughed, you did well making fun of Dimps. However, did you make Sonic jump lower on purpose? There are some jumps he can't make anymore (the pillars in Aquatic Ruin, to name one).

Also, + - FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF SPEED BOOSTER INTO THAT SPIKE PIT IN MYSTIC CAVE. :argh:  

17. Willie

Willie

While I'm generally really good at Sonic games, I suck cocks when it comes to the final boss in Sonic 2 so the omission of continues without something to replace it makes me not even want to play this. <_<

18. Jaseman

Jaseman

The programmer has a nap! Hold out! Programmer! Member
    1: Played it.
    2:Lost lives on the way from flying into walls that you couldn't fly into before
    3:Lost more lives
    4:Game over'd
    5:FFFFFFFF

Anyway, other than that, this hack is what all true warriors strive for.

But the boss music is screwed up.

19. Spanner

Spanner

The Tool Member
    I did make him lower on purpose, but I can always revert it if needed. Just use the homing attack and speed boosters to get past the pillars.
    I'll add rings in Death Egg and reinstate continues in the bugfix release.

20. Hanoch

Hanoch

Also known as TheKnock, Birashot Member
    Israel
    everything
    What's even more hillarious is to die listening to that boss music.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.