Sonic 2 CD Remix

Discussion in 'Engineering & Reverse Engineering' started by Pacca, Oct 8, 2018.

1. Sally Rose

Sally Rose

No one has asked the biggest and single most important question ever. So please allow me.

Will you be useing the same old sonic 2 bosses we have all faced time and time again?
    Or shall all the bosses be new exciting and challenging something fresh and new , to help long time sonic 2 player yave even more fun esp for the new playable pcs. You said they will play in the vein of knuckles in sonic 3 and knuckles. As such id expect there own unique routes and bosses. Sorry I am a huge fan of new bosses, to me bosses are the best part of any game. Nothing beats a good fight.

I deeply hope it is the latter of the two paths here as I deeply love the boss battles in sonic games. A die hard sonic game player and fan gamer.

Sally Rose.

2. Pacca

Pacca

ASM amateur Member
    Labyrinth Zone
    Sonic 2 CD Remix
    I don't have any major plans to change them atm. I'm mostly trying to preserve the original experience; the primary goal is to add Sonic CD elements on top of the main game, rather then modifying the base game itself.

That said, it's entirely possible for the bosses in the past and future to be changed. Some of them are already badly in need of a change (Oil Oceans' boss makes no sense without oil). I'll definitely look into modifying or replacing those when the time comes. Bosses in the present will always be the same as the vanilla ones, outside of minor bugfixes.

3. Sally Rose

Sally Rose

That sound great. Present bosses can be the same but deffenatly look into changeing the past and future bosses. That will add some great repeatability and incentive to go to both the past and the future in order to fight the new bosses. So if thats what you mean I am all for it, that sounds super cool.