don't click here

Sonic 101: History of Sonic posted on official channel.

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by RGamer2009, Feb 21, 2020.

1. I see they like showing off movie Sonic a lot. Wonder what this means moving forward?

• Informative Informative x 2
    • List
  2. Billy

Billy

RIP Oderus Urungus Member
    Colorado, USA
    Indie games
    Probably hoping to get people, who were reminded that Sonic exists thanks to the movie, to get into the games.

3. This was cool. I liked it.

Although it did leave a slight sour taste in my mouth towards the end.

4. Chimera

Chimera

I'm not a furry. Tech Member
    Castlevania prettyness
    Respect to the people behind this making it all fun and lively, embracing how off the rails the series got.

but goooood lord that motion graphics preset they're using got stretched so thin, just some cuts with the voiceover text had me double-taking.

It's serviceable tho so w/e. Good little primer for any kids browsing youtube hyped up after the film, and want more sonic related stuff, which is obv the point. Will be interesting to see SEGA riding out the success of the movie. Just, uh, hope the game they got planed in the wake of this actually has a budget around it this time.

5. Aerosol

Aerosol

Not here. Moderator
    Not where I want to be.
    Sonic (?): Coming summer of 2055...?
    Oh god yes. Seems to me they're much more willing to spend money on the franchise this year though.

6. This has to be a teaser for a new game. Why else would they put this out?

7. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    To tell the kids who just saw the movie what Sonic's all about game wise. But it's also likely teasing something happening in the near future, whatever that might be.

8. ICEknight

ICEknight

Researcher Researcher
    Kinda weird how they don't show Sonic Boom when "television" is mentioned.

9. I think they want everyone to get ready for the next game, too.

I like how they called Modern Sonic just "Sonic".

10. Powpuck

Powpuck

I take umbrage with calling Biolizard a lizard. Despite its name, the lack of claws and teeth and the presence of spherical non-calcified eggs are all diagnostics of salamanders. :colbert:

11. The Joebro64

The Joebro64

SAY HELLO TO MY CHOCOLATE BLEND Member
    Lizards are cooler though.

12. Fadaway

Fadaway

It's not meant to be super deep. Something for newcomers to see some history. Yeah, even the games that weren't so great. Sonic 4 even gets a small clip in. Mania, surprisingly, not so much except maybe something near the beginning. It is what it is. I've made some pretty decent predictions in the past. For Sonic Mania Plus, I mentioned Ray might control like the cape in SMW and BOOM it happened. I said the movie might actually be pretty good and BOOM it happened. I'm calling it NOW. New game announced this year and it might not be a Mania sequel or successor just yet (here's to hoping), but it will be a new 3D entry which will try to re-introduce Sonic to 3D. A new take on modern Sonic. Something with less boost and more adventurous elements to compete with Mario. Hoping I'll be three for three here with this. Sega, hire the Utopia guys. :p

Iron is hot this year, so I do imagine something significant will be announced. Would love to take a peek into the pipeline right about now.

13. Ashura96

Ashura96

HEROIC VERSE Oldbie
    There's also zero footage of Sonic 3.

14. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    True, but plot wise Sonic 3 doesn't really have any significance because the story ends at Sonic & Knuckles.

15. I'm biased because I've been hoping for a something of a reboot for the 3D games that more resembles the classic for a long time now....but I actually think you're right. I think ST's next project will be something "new", different from the boost games and that they are going to start talking about it relatively soon. I've also had this suspicion that ST has been working on a prototype for a long time now (since around Lost World) but it just wasnt ready or fit at the time, and went to work on Forces instead because they had to.

We'll probably hear something this spring.

16. Aesculapius Piranha

Aesculapius Piranha

つづく Oldbie
    Unknown
    Diva
    Instead of an awkward mash of Classic Sonic and Modern Sonic, we get an awkward mash of Mania Sonic and Movie Sonic.

17. A bit odd that Shadow isn't shown or mentioned at all, when other characters like Silver, Blaze, and the Chaotix are.

18. Ashura96

Ashura96

HEROIC VERSE Oldbie
    Surprised they didn't use it for showing Knuckles first meeting with Sonic and/or his laughing animation

19. Mastered Realm

Mastered Realm

-
    Not really true because of Sonic Mania is a direct tie-in, even explaining the fate of the Super Emeralds.

20. Sid Starkiller

Sid Starkiller

Virginia, USA
    Paying off student loans
    Yes, but the Death Egg saga ends after S&K. And Mania doesn't actually explain the Super Emeralds, they're just kinda...there.