don't click here

Sonic 1 With Fries - Lock!

Discussion in 'Engineering & Reverse Engineering' started by Afti, Aug 8, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Afti

Afti

ORIGINAL MACHINE Member
    Shading fixed...

[​IMG]

Also... Thank you very much, Tweaker.

I don't like Sunset City as a name, myself. I think Sunset Town rolls off the tongue easier, actually.

2. Tweaker

Tweaker

Banned
    It looks less like you added actual shading and more like you added the same color (or a marginally similar one) in its place, taking away from some of the detail. You'll want a much darker shade to complement that, giving the buildings a much more defined sort of tone.

3. Afti

Afti

ORIGINAL MACHINE Member
    [​IMG]

Better?

EDIT: Accidentally reposted the first screen...

4. Soselocke

Soselocke

MEEP MEEP MEEP Banned
    Yeah, never mind. After looking at your first post, the original name seems to fit for some reason, haha. :P

5. Tweaker

Tweaker

Banned
  6. Afti

Afti

ORIGINAL MACHINE Member
    I'll fix that when I'm done with restoring things- I've lost all of my work after an error. Rather than cancelling, though, I intend to use this fresh start to make the hack all the better. I've lost the layouts, but I'll use my experience to avoid the newbie mistakes in many of them.

I've lost the palettes, but I'll recreate the best and I'll place new, exciting palettes , rather than the cliched crap that filled some of them, in the others' places.

The only thing I have is the ASM, because of a backup I made before the speed changes, but I'll use this chance to fix the flaws that existed.

7. Tweaker

Tweaker

Banned
    Um... can you define "lost"? Did you just try and compile and it gave you an error or something? Please be more specific.

8. Afti

Afti

ORIGINAL MACHINE Member
    No, I accidentally split when I tried to build. Yes, you may facepalm.

9. GasparXR

GasparXR

I'm back! Member
    Which is why I never bothered posting my progress on SSRG since my last one in early 2007, people including you overcriticized it. Well, it wasn't that great, but still. D= I may post about mine soon, but that's getting offtopic.

I compared the original SBZ palette to yours, and well... It's actually not as good as I thought it was! It's not eyeburning, but it's an odd colour for SBZ that doesn't fit for me.

*facepalm*

10. Armada

Armada

Sometimes I do things Member
    Ahaha, that happened to me once. Always make backups of that data outside of the normal directories so you never screw yourself over. :thumbsup:

11. Tets

Tets

one rude dude Oldbie
    Better yet, delete that split batch file. That was the first thing I thought to do when I accidentally split instead of building. Fortunately I didn't lose any important modifications.

12. Shoemanbundy

Shoemanbundy

Researcher
    Chicago, Illinois
    selling shoes
    Definitely the best option. I can't believe the amount of times I try to go into the main folder where everything is laid out and Windows is going so slow that I end up double clicking again thinking it didn't catch it the first time. Before I know it I get into the folder but my additional clicks made it so whatever it right in front of the arrow key when I enter is accessed. It happened to be the split.bat once. Thank god for backups!

13. MK

MK

Hacker Oldbie
    New England, USA
    Secret :o o:
    This is looking nice! Especial the Sunset Town colors.

Those are too generic, I hate names like that, if only because they're not memorable and everyone and his mom will use it.

14. Afti

Afti

ORIGINAL MACHINE Member
    Split.bat is gone.

[​IMG]

Sonic in an early, slightly broken Canyon Crossing... charging the Spin Dash with restored graphics!

By the way... does anyone have a good idea for a background? Oh, and the palm trees will be replaced by cacti before the first release. The keyword(s) here are 'slightly broken'.

Oh, and new Zone names/writeups.

Dusk Drive Zone

Run high above the ground of a magnificent city at sunset! The ground below you may even move!

Canyon Crossing Zone

Travel through a bleak desert canyon towards the surface- but watch out for traps! The flora hide many things!

Sludge Slide Zone

Make your way to freedom through a toxic sewer filled with foes!

Icy Inferno Zone

Travel through a mind-blowing land of fire and ice, using the interactions of the two to make your way to the sky! (note: Yes, this means the Zone's gimmicks revolve around steam.)

Robotnik Ruin Zone

Discover a ruined fortress of Robotnik's, and make it through a classic level from an entirely new angle! (note: Recognizably Scrap Brain, but it manages to play totally different because of missing/added platforms, damaged platforms, etc... It's also underwater, to help make it nostalgic without feeling old.)

Mecha Metropolis Zone

Invade Robotnik's flying city, and destroy it from the inside out, culminating in the final showdown!

Oh, and Icy Inferno:

[​IMG]

15. Squints

Squints

All souped-up. And DESECRATED! Member
    Poughkeepsie, NY
    RIIIIIIIIIIDGE RACERRRRRRRRRRRR
  16. Afti

Afti

ORIGINAL MACHINE Member
    Wouldn't work; I need it to look deep.

[​IMG]

Sludge Slide. The BG is messed up because I'm actually in the process of replacing it- HPZ S3K's BG, actually.

17. GasparXR

GasparXR

I'm back! Member
    Ooo, HPZ S3K Background. I think that would fit well with LZ's Foreground tiles.

Just don't mess up the palette. =P

18. Afti

Afti

ORIGINAL MACHINE Member
    [​IMG]

Dusk Drive (Sunset Town) has a slightly changed palette, but...

19. Sith

Sith

The molotov bitch Member
    Losing everything already happened to several people here. Never forget to keep backups of your work in case something goes wrong.
    Also, put stuff on your mailbox too.

20. Tweaker

Tweaker

Banned
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.