Sonic 1 Portal Edition

Discussion in 'Engineering & Reverse Engineering' started by Hanoch, Jun 26, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hanoch

Hanoch

Also known as TheKnock, Birashot Member
    Israel
    everything

2. Selbi

Selbi

The Euphonic Mess Member
    Northern Germany
    Sonic ERaZor
    Want link, NOW! I had an idea like that before, but never thought about the extra things, like rings, slowdown, etc. Seriously, any chance to get a private build out of ya? =P

3. synchronizer

synchronizer

Wasn't a link there before? Was it removed? I thought I saw one and I decided now to download it, which is not possible... hmmm

4. MainMemory

MainMemory

Kate the Wolf Tech Member
    SonLVL
    I thought about putting Portals in Sonic after putting the Big Ring object in WindowsZone, but there's no way I would ever have been able to make it work.

5. Chaos Knux

Chaos Knux

Stable avatar temporary. Randomizer site down. Misfit
    Sonic 1 = Excellent game.
    Portal = >70 GotY Awards

Sonic 1 + Portal = Jesus Christ, Epic WIN

6. iojnekns

iojnekns

trouble keeps you runnin' faster Member
    If there is no download link, how come you've made a thread for it? Those two screenshots?!

7. Azu

Azu

I must be stupid. Member
    Not every project thread has to have a download you know.

8. MarkeyJester

MarkeyJester

A D V A N C E Resident Jester
    Japan
    Well to be fair, I can't actually visualise what's going on even with the screenshots, yes I can understand with the description but I.. can't.. understand, if that makes sense.

Maybe a video showing your work in action would help me understand the idea a little better?

<!--quoteo(post=472638:date=Jun 27 2010, 12:28 AM:name=Azu)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Azu @ Jun 27 2010, 12:28 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=472638">[​IMG]</a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Not every project thread has to have a download you know.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    That's true, there's nothing wrong in making a thread with screenshots of a hack you're in progress of making, but it just seems like it would belong and benefit better in the General Project & Screenshot thread, as though it has that feeling of wastefulness (Only my thoughts, not to be taken too much into consideration of course).

9. amphobius

amphobius

doing more important things with my life Member
    life
    If I, since I've had the ability to play it.

Basically, you shoot a portal with one button. Once it has hit a solid, place another. You'll warp from one portal to the other.

10. Hayate

Hayate

Tech Member
    <!--quoteo(post=472408:date=Jun 26 2010, 02:41 PM:name=Hanoch)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Hanoch @ Jun 26 2010, 02:41 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=472408">[​IMG]</a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Megaman was already used by DWEA and Rockman Chaos, so I couldn't really use them without competition.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Firstly,

[​IMG]

Secondly, you really don't need to acknowledge the existence of RC. It sucks and I haven't worked on it for years. =P

11. Animemaster

Animemaster

Prison bitch! Member
    UK
    Sonic 1 Revelation
    Interesting concept, I had no idea you were making this.

12. Hanoch

Hanoch

Also known as TheKnock, Birashot Member
    Israel
    everything

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.