don't click here

Sonic 1 Plus

Discussion in 'Engineering & Reverse Engineering' started by Hivebrain, Dec 22, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hivebrain

Hivebrain

Administrator
    53.4N, 1.5W
    Github
    Here it is:

<a href="http://sonicology.hacking-cult.org/Sonic 1 Plus [v0.1].rar">Sonic 1 Plus</a><br>
    What's new

Green Hill Zone is the only zone with 4 acts (act 3 is new, act 4 is the old act 3). Collision on the new zone is a bit iffy, and I haven't programmed the platforms yet, so you'll want to play it using debug mode. Enjoy!

2. voice

voice

Make any joke you want, you know I look good. Banned
    45mins west of Chicago
    RSN2.0, PHP:IRC (A attempt at CGI:IRC in PHP)
    This is an interesting hack, I like the jungle zone, even though I had to play in debug mode. Nice job ^_^

3. I like the fire shield feature in marble zone. Keep up the good work Hive.

Also, the new GHZ act 3 rises in difficulty compared to the other acts. I suggest balancing it out. Otherwise it makes the hack seem abit, muddled. As if the acts are in the wrong place.

4. SGR

SGR

Give me the gams. Member
    Very VERY nice. I can't wait until V0.2 or whatever. This hack will be a big sucess. I really like Jungle zone and the heat shield. Plus the new save feature is neat.

5. BtCE

BtCE

Hivebrain, I love you.

6. Kampfer

Kampfer

Great job. Exelent job especailly on the "Scuba Sheild".

7. Galvatron

Galvatron

UK
    The new levels are very good so far, and the new shields are also a great idea. This was well worth the wait, good job.

8. LOst

LOst

Tech Member
    Using the right techniques kinda brings the old Sonic feeling back. Using wrong techniques kinda ruins the whole thing.

9. Lostgame

Lostgame

producer/turnablist. homebrew dev. cosplayer. Oldbie
    Toronto, ON
    The O.I.C.
    Is it just me, or is there an abundance of cool fan-made Sonic stuff nowadays? There was a real big lull there for a while, but now, here's this cool hack, the Chaotix stuff, the Xtreme thing... wow...

10. Trigahd

Trigahd

I am your gahd!! Member
    Somewhere in the skies
    Nothing worth mentioning
    This is really innovative Hivebrain. I like what you've done to Sonic 1. However, I have one problem about it. In the special stages, it doesn't record your rings. I'll always get a 0 ring bonus at the end of every special stage, completed or not. Might wanna look at that.

11. Kles

Kles

Err, it does record the rings. For some reason it just shows 0 when you get in, but if you watch, you see the score tally up.

BUG: In GHZ3, at the the point near the start where the two collapsing ledges are, if you run too far off the platform on the right that is underneath it, you die since the camera can't scroll down far enough. Anyways, I don't think GHZ3 is too hard, just a few sudden pits like after the first S-Tube, I tend to jump clean over the spring and die simply because I'm going too fast.

Jungle Zone looks cool. I'd like to see how that comes. Also, in the level select, why does Labyrinth Zone only have 3 acts?

Good job anyways, keep it up, this has loads of potential.

12. Frigidare

Frigidare

Above picture copyright of IFG Publications Member
    I nearly orgasmed when that I got that spindash. It's perfect.

Good job!

13. Hivebrain

Hivebrain

Administrator
    53.4N, 1.5W
    Github
    I'll have to fix that. I changed the VRAM address for all the title cards (to make room for "4" and "J"), and I must've missed the ring bonus counter.

I think I've made GHZ3 too hard, so I'll probably redo it completely. I did add a couple of Yadrins to stop people running through the tunnels at full speed, but apparently it wasn't enough.

I think you'll find it has 4 acts: LZ1, LZ2, LZ3 and SBZ3. I didn't want to add a fifth act because it would complicate things.

14. Flare

Flare

hi everyone, I really enjoy this hack, I like the jungle zone, cant wait til finished!

15. Arctides

Arctides

I am a bloated bag of hate. Oldbie
    I'm sorry if this has een explained before, but how do you activate Level Select and Debug Mode? ^^;

16. LOst

LOst

Tech Member
    ccccudlr

The standard Sonic 1 code.

17. Mystical Ninja

Mystical Ninja

For old time's sake. Oldbie
    New Castle, Delaware
    Nothing that concerns this place in the least.
    Actually, the Debug Mode is automatically activated once you hold A and press Start. Pretty much the same as Sonic 2 Beta's level select code.

18. LOst

LOst

Tech Member
    Not really. Only the object placement is activated. Not the restart and framestep.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.